Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
- Construction Career Cards to showcase future opportunities 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s October Branch Events Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK, from ‘Wood is Good’ in the SO to YO’s Pevsner 11/10/2019
- REMINDER STILL TIME TO JOIN US at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with THA’s update on September’s Heritage Chat: ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £310K+ costed opportunities this week: national/international masterplanning/urban design practice sought for maritime heritage quarter, closing 31/10, valued at £120-160K 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Breathing new life into Swindon’s historic railway buildings… with a HAZ! 11/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 10 Lincolnshire eyesores have changed over the years, thanks not least to the local Mess of the Year Award! 11/10/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: The value of arts and culture in place-shaping, from the Arts Council 11/10/2019
- New initiative ‘Heritage Declares’ launches climate emergency commitment; Seeks personal and corporate support 11/10/2019
- HRH Prince of Wales continues Patronage of RTPI 11/10/2019
- First World War Centenary Programme: Legacy Evaluation by DCMS 11/10/2019
- LGA: Climate change goals hinge on funding and powers for local areas 11/10/2019
- DEFRA’s Landscapes Review update on National Parks and AONBs 11/10/2019
Daily Archives: 13/09/2019
IHBC offers free one-year, first-timer ‘taster’ memberships to students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* – simply JOIN ONLINE HERE BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS INCLUDE: Career Support: Branch Networks Learning opportunities and resources Bursaries, Student awards and Marsh Awards News and work from … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too!
Hear from speakers on a wide range of interrelated themes, focussing on how to successfully overcome the accessibility barriers that can exclude groups from enjoying and experiencing historic buildings or sites or participating in heritage activities.
See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, now including conservation threats and legislation: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel
IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’ included the Day School exploration of legal issues: ‘Saving Heritage Assets in Disrepair – the legal powers’, by Nigel Hewitson Planning Solicitor, and the ‘Destruction of Heritage Assets: the legal consequences’, … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.4M+ opportunities this week: Services for Birmingham Hippodrome sought, closing 04/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick features a call for architectural services for Birmingham Hippodrome, closing 04/10.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), IHBC’s partner platform in our Conservation Wiki, has offered its 10,000 registered users – including interested IHBC members – guidance on ‘Design and build: Feasibility studies’.
Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: THA’s September Heritage Chat on ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’
This month’s Heritage Chat from England’s heritage link body, The Heritage Alliance (THA), takes place on Thursday 19th September, 13.00-14.00. image: Brighton – IHBC SE Branch
Voting in the 2020 European Heritage Awards/Europa Nostra Awards closes on 15 September, with categories covering conservation, research, personal dedication and education.
Applications for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (WCMT) Churchill Fellowships – a unique opportunity open to all UK adult citizens – will close on 17 September.
Helen Whately MP was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on 10 September 2019, while in other changes, Zac Goldsmith has been promoted to Minister of … Continue reading
As part of the current £12million investment plan from Historic Environment Scotland (HES) ot has recently launched an augmented reality app – Castle Quest – which provides a new enhanced visitor experience for Caerlaverock Castle. image: HES