Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Heritage Declares – Encourages members & partners to follow suit! 13/12/2019
- More echoes from #IHBCNottingham2019: Scottish Parliament debates Glasgow School of Art fire 13/12/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’? UK live venues interactive map indicates alarming loss rate… 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Recognised CPD Providers’: Old list closing soon, so sign up ASAP for online registration, for free! 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £60K+ costed opportunities this week: National Park seeks expert advice viability appraisals, valued £60K, closing 13/01/2020 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Petition launched to prevent Stourbridge green belt development 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s CPD boost from DBW: BRE, on ‘Thermal mass’, but how can it matter for historic buildings? 13/12/2019
- European Green Deal presented to Parliament and Council by the EC: ‘… turning… environmental challenges into opportunities’ while ‘Making Europe the first climate-neutral continent by 2050…’ 13/12/2019
- Towards a ‘climate conscious Wales’ with ‘prosperity for all’ 13/12/2019
- Quarries promote biodiversity – Quarries & Nature 2019 13/12/2019
- Applications now open: Parliamentary Academic Fellowships Scheme – Directed Call, closing 19 January 13/12/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO opinion signpost on ‘Inclusive Design – Beyond Accessibility’, from the Design Council via China 13/12/2019
- IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020 open: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 10/12/2019
- Building on #IHBCNottingham2019, IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’: HE webinar on ‘Acting in a flooding emergency’, 11 Dec @1pm 10/12/2019
- Remember the IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Heritage group blasts ‘flawed’ council plans for historic chapel 10/12/2019
- RIBA Awards 2020: Jury Application – call for volunteers 10/12/2019
- Home Protect Report: Unoccupied Homes in England now up, at almost 1% 10/12/2019
- Local Plan Route Mapper & Toolkit: Reviewing and updating local plan policies 10/12/2019
- Cultural Protection Fund – New funding announced for 2020-2021 10/12/2019
- 16th Century Stained-glass at Shrewsbury damaged in break-in 10/12/2019
- Detectorists stole Viking hoard that ‘rewrites history’ 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s new Context out now: Learning from New Towns, in the UK and beyond 06/12/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, with opportunities from Edinburgh (x2) to the New Forest, for conservation specialists, planners, archaeologists and more! 06/12/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… with DCN: Districts declare high street emergency as retail applications plummet 06/12/2019
Daily Archives: 13/09/2019
IHBC offers free one-year, first-timer ‘taster’ memberships to students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* – simply JOIN ONLINE HERE BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS INCLUDE: Career Support: Branch Networks Learning opportunities and resources Bursaries, Student awards and Marsh Awards News and work from … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too!
Hear from speakers on a wide range of interrelated themes, focussing on how to successfully overcome the accessibility barriers that can exclude groups from enjoying and experiencing historic buildings or sites or participating in heritage activities.
See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, now including conservation threats and legislation: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel
IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’ included the Day School exploration of legal issues: ‘Saving Heritage Assets in Disrepair – the legal powers’, by Nigel Hewitson Planning Solicitor, and the ‘Destruction of Heritage Assets: the legal consequences’, … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.4M+ opportunities this week: Services for Birmingham Hippodrome sought, closing 04/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick features a call for architectural services for Birmingham Hippodrome, closing 04/10.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), IHBC’s partner platform in our Conservation Wiki, has offered its 10,000 registered users – including interested IHBC members – guidance on ‘Design and build: Feasibility studies’.
Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: THA’s September Heritage Chat on ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’
This month’s Heritage Chat from England’s heritage link body, The Heritage Alliance (THA), takes place on Thursday 19th September, 13.00-14.00. image: Brighton – IHBC SE Branch
Voting in the 2020 European Heritage Awards/Europa Nostra Awards closes on 15 September, with categories covering conservation, research, personal dedication and education.
Applications for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (WCMT) Churchill Fellowships – a unique opportunity open to all UK adult citizens – will close on 17 September.
Helen Whately MP was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on 10 September 2019, while in other changes, Zac Goldsmith has been promoted to Minister of … Continue reading
As part of the current £12million investment plan from Historic Environment Scotland (HES) ot has recently launched an augmented reality app – Castle Quest – which provides a new enhanced visitor experience for Caerlaverock Castle. image: HES