Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 13/09/2019
IHBC offers free one-year, first-timer ‘taster’ memberships to students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* – simply JOIN ONLINE HERE BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS INCLUDE: Career Support: Branch Networks Learning opportunities and resources Bursaries, Student awards and Marsh Awards News and work from … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too!
Hear from speakers on a wide range of interrelated themes, focussing on how to successfully overcome the accessibility barriers that can exclude groups from enjoying and experiencing historic buildings or sites or participating in heritage activities.
See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, now including conservation threats and legislation: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel
IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’ included the Day School exploration of legal issues: ‘Saving Heritage Assets in Disrepair – the legal powers’, by Nigel Hewitson Planning Solicitor, and the ‘Destruction of Heritage Assets: the legal consequences’, … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.4M+ opportunities this week: Services for Birmingham Hippodrome sought, closing 04/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick features a call for architectural services for Birmingham Hippodrome, closing 04/10.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), IHBC’s partner platform in our Conservation Wiki, has offered its 10,000 registered users – including interested IHBC members – guidance on ‘Design and build: Feasibility studies’.
Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: THA’s September Heritage Chat on ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’
This month’s Heritage Chat from England’s heritage link body, The Heritage Alliance (THA), takes place on Thursday 19th September, 13.00-14.00. image: Brighton – IHBC SE Branch
Voting in the 2020 European Heritage Awards/Europa Nostra Awards closes on 15 September, with categories covering conservation, research, personal dedication and education.
Applications for the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (WCMT) Churchill Fellowships – a unique opportunity open to all UK adult citizens – will close on 17 September.
Helen Whately MP was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport on 10 September 2019, while in other changes, Zac Goldsmith has been promoted to Minister of … Continue reading
As part of the current £12million investment plan from Historic Environment Scotland (HES) ot has recently launched an augmented reality app – Castle Quest – which provides a new enhanced visitor experience for Caerlaverock Castle. image: HES