Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 06/09/2019
IHBC supports COTAC’s ‘… Future of heritage conservation…’ 60th Anniversary Conference – Stirling, 6-7 Nov, and talking too!
The IHBC is helping support COTAC’s 60th anniversary conference – ‘A Digital Norm for the Future of Heritage Conservation…’ (Download) (Stirling, 6-7 November, with HES) – which will include the IHBC’s Director on the operation of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines, … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s free CPD at The Listed Property Show South West – free places, volunteer opportunities and more; Bristol 21/09
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnership with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC), with free places for all members at The Listed Property Show South West, in Bristol on 21 September, and limited complimentary tickets – on request, so … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.3M+ opportunities this week: Heritage Impact Assessments sought for Northampton, closing 16/09
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick features a call for three Heritage Impact Assessments in Northampton, closing 16/09.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (church) doorstep’: Norwich ‘Domesday Book’ church set for £200K revamp, thanks to NHCT
The Norwich Historic Churches Trust (NHCT) has secured a £218,000 grant towards repairs at St John de Sepulchre, ‘one of 25 in the city founded during the 10th century’.
Five arts and heritage projects will benefit from a share of a £60,000 pot from the Herefordshire’s a Great Place ‘Hidden Gems’ grant scheme – co-funded by The National Lottery Heritage Fund and Arts Council England, with support from Historic … Continue reading
Scotland’s historic environment attracts millions of visitors each year, creates a unique sense of place, and contributes to the economic and social well-being, so national link-body BEFS is maintaining an online reference resource of cases tied to the country’s plan … Continue reading
Thinking about #IHBCBrighton2020… in Scotland: New FSB report ‘Transforming Towns: Delivering a sustainable future for local places’ for Scotland
The Federation of Small Businesses(FSB) has published a new report – ‘Transforming Towns: Delivering a sustainable future for local places’ – that calls for ‘a slew of measures to boost Scotland’s 479 local towns’, that may be especially relevant to … Continue reading
2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list: Nominations sought by Sept 27, with simplified nomination form from DCMS
Government is calling for ‘potential candidates’ for the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list, while also ‘trialling a simplified version’ of the nomination form, with a closing date of 27 September.
England’s Heritage Open Days celebrates 25 years. Get your free on-site, accessible CPD, commended by the IHBC!
England’s Heritage Open Days celebrates it’s 25th year with 25 new places opening their doors. Take advantage of a huge range of regular and one-off opportunities for on-site CPD, accessible free and commended by the IHBC!
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched its ‘Planning Performance Framework Report 2018-19’, which summarises activity ‘for the designation, management and protection of the historic environment’, including ‘making decisions on designation and providing advice on how Scotland’s heritage should be managed … Continue reading
IHBC signpost on changing use, via HES: Wasps – An Artistic Chapter in the Story of Historic Buildings
Tara Marshall-Tierney from Wasps – ‘Workshop & Artists Studio Provision Scotland’, a charity providing affordable studios to artists etc. at 19 buildings across Scotland – tells the story of three buildings repurposed as artists’ studios for Scotland’s largest creative community, … Continue reading