Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on disaster recovery and the ‘Phoenix Case Study’: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 17/09/2019
- IHBC prompt: Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards – call for 2019 nominations open until 4 October 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (cultural) doorstep’: Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways to recapture former glories with Heritage Fund grant 17/09/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: The pleasures and perils of architectural research – from our Highlands and Islands issue 17/09/2019
- Reflecting on #IHBCNottingham2019: Fire engulfs Grade II-listed Horncliffe Mansion 17/09/2019
- Lawyers put 100 local authorities on notice over climate inaction 17/09/2019
- North Somerset Council serves Birnbeck Pier repairs notice 17/09/2019
- Manchester College launches new industry-sponsored Architectural and Construction Engineering Scholarship for 16-18 year olds 17/09/2019
- New petition to save Whitechapel Bell Foundry 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s free, first-timer ‘taster’ membership for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* 13/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too! 13/09/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, now including conservation threats and legislation: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.4M+ opportunities this week: Services for Birmingham Hippodrome sought, closing 04/10 13/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost: DBW on ‘Design and build: feasibility studies’ 13/09/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: THA’s September Heritage Chat on ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 13/09/2019
- European Heritage Awards 2020 – Last chance to vote: Closing 15 Sept 13/09/2019
- Reminder: Applications for Churchill Fellowships close 17 September 13/09/2019
- New Heritage Minister – Helen Whately MP 13/09/2019
- HES launches Caerlaverock Castle app: ‘Castle Quest 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s Twitter followers pass 10.5k… and why this is good news for everyone! 10/09/2019
- Don’t forget IHBC London’s 2019 conference: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond’ – Conserving Post-war Buildings & Places, 2 October 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Experts refuse to list Wolverton’s controversial Agora as an historic building 10/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost, on ‘planned preventative maintenance’ (PPM) and technology, from construction’s mainstream and via DBW 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Annotating and revealing the historic landscape – and reproducing it – from the Highlands and Islands 10/09/2019
- England’s councils accused of ‘restricting’ retail to residential conversions 10/09/2019
Daily Archives: 06/09/2019
IHBC supports COTAC’s ‘… Future of heritage conservation…’ 60th Anniversary Conference – Stirling, 6-7 Nov, and talking too!
The IHBC is helping support COTAC’s 60th anniversary conference – ‘A Digital Norm for the Future of Heritage Conservation…’ (Download) (Stirling, 6-7 November, with HES) – which will include the IHBC’s Director on the operation of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines, … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s free CPD at The Listed Property Show South West – free places, volunteer opportunities and more; Bristol 21/09
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnership with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC), with free places for all members at The Listed Property Show South West, in Bristol on 21 September, and limited complimentary tickets – on request, so … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.3M+ opportunities this week: Heritage Impact Assessments sought for Northampton, closing 16/09
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick features a call for three Heritage Impact Assessments in Northampton, closing 16/09.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (church) doorstep’: Norwich ‘Domesday Book’ church set for £200K revamp, thanks to NHCT
The Norwich Historic Churches Trust (NHCT) has secured a £218,000 grant towards repairs at St John de Sepulchre, ‘one of 25 in the city founded during the 10th century’.
Five arts and heritage projects will benefit from a share of a £60,000 pot from the Herefordshire’s a Great Place ‘Hidden Gems’ grant scheme – co-funded by The National Lottery Heritage Fund and Arts Council England, with support from Historic … Continue reading
Scotland’s historic environment attracts millions of visitors each year, creates a unique sense of place, and contributes to the economic and social well-being, so national link-body BEFS is maintaining an online reference resource of cases tied to the country’s plan … Continue reading
Thinking about #IHBCBrighton2020… in Scotland: New FSB report ‘Transforming Towns: Delivering a sustainable future for local places’ for Scotland
The Federation of Small Businesses(FSB) has published a new report – ‘Transforming Towns: Delivering a sustainable future for local places’ – that calls for ‘a slew of measures to boost Scotland’s 479 local towns’, that may be especially relevant to … Continue reading
2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list: Nominations sought by Sept 27, with simplified nomination form from DCMS
Government is calling for ‘potential candidates’ for the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list, while also ‘trialling a simplified version’ of the nomination form, with a closing date of 27 September.
England’s Heritage Open Days celebrates 25 years. Get your free on-site, accessible CPD, commended by the IHBC!
England’s Heritage Open Days celebrates it’s 25th year with 25 new places opening their doors. Take advantage of a huge range of regular and one-off opportunities for on-site CPD, accessible free and commended by the IHBC!
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched its ‘Planning Performance Framework Report 2018-19’, which summarises activity ‘for the designation, management and protection of the historic environment’, including ‘making decisions on designation and providing advice on how Scotland’s heritage should be managed … Continue reading
IHBC signpost on changing use, via HES: Wasps – An Artistic Chapter in the Story of Historic Buildings
Tara Marshall-Tierney from Wasps – ‘Workshop & Artists Studio Provision Scotland’, a charity providing affordable studios to artists etc. at 19 buildings across Scotland – tells the story of three buildings repurposed as artists’ studios for Scotland’s largest creative community, … Continue reading