Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s foresight in Context: Ireland’s Built and Archaeological Heritage sectoral ‘Climate Change Adaptation Plans’ out – will feature in future ‘Ireland’ issue 08/11/2019
- ‘Pocket Parks’ funding update: Invitations for communities to transform unloved, neglected or derelict areas into new green spaces in England 08/11/2019
- Dame Judith Hackitt named as government adviser on the new Building Safety Regulator 08/11/2019
- Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government : On ‘building good lives’ with design codes… and the new heritage conservation programme! 08/11/2019
- Applications now open for the Sustainability Scholarship for 2020: Closing 29/11 08/11/2019
- Government investment backs museums of the future: Treasures in our homes – ‘digital-wise’ 08/11/2019
- Applications now open for the Sir Ian Dixon Scholarship for 2020, closing 29/11 08/11/2019
- Homage to Italian Job film, 50 years on, celebrating its half century this year 08/11/2019
- IHBC seeks examples of curtilage farm buildings potentially affected by interpretation of the ‘Jews Farm’ (‘Egerton v Taunton Deane’) case: ASAP encouraged, and closing 29/11 05/11/2019
- IHBC’s Past President David Lovie receives AHI Award on behalf of local civic group for IHBC-supported ‘Some Alnwick Heritage Heroes’ 05/11/2019
- IHBC Context feature on HE’s Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings reaches 10K+ construction-development sector users via DBW‘s Newsletter: See our Conservation Wiki for lots more! 05/11/2019
- Scotland’s new guide to help manage climate change risk to historic sites 05/11/2019
- Queensbury tunnel cycle: Government asked to save plans 05/11/2019
- Irish State faces further legal challenge in Europe on proposed liquefied natural gas facility due to SEA and consultation duties 05/11/2019
- Planning Awards 2020 now open for entries 05/11/2019
- City & Guilds awarded contract to deliver Construction T Level qualifications 05/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: US City Planner makes case for rethinking ‘tow hall’ public consultation 05/11/2019
- HE’s Advice Note on ‘Statements of Heritage Significance’ now out, but maintains ambiguity over practice standards 01/11/2019
- IHBC commends SLCT/HE ‘Connecting People and Places’ project outcomes 01/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £900K+ costed opportunities this week: Gallery opportunity in sensitive historic setting, valued £200K, closing 22/11 01/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Demolition starts on a Stoke GII* listed potbank – Motorists beware! 01/11/2019
Daily Archives: 06/09/2019
IHBC supports COTAC’s ‘… Future of heritage conservation…’ 60th Anniversary Conference – Stirling, 6-7 Nov, and talking too!
The IHBC is helping support COTAC’s 60th anniversary conference – ‘A Digital Norm for the Future of Heritage Conservation…’ (Download) (Stirling, 6-7 November, with HES) – which will include the IHBC’s Director on the operation of the 1993 ICOMOS Guidelines, … Continue reading
Reminder: IHBC’s free CPD at The Listed Property Show South West – free places, volunteer opportunities and more; Bristol 21/09
The IHBC is continuing its CPD partnership with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC), with free places for all members at The Listed Property Show South West, in Bristol on 21 September, and limited complimentary tickets – on request, so … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.3M+ opportunities this week: Heritage Impact Assessments sought for Northampton, closing 16/09
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, while the IHBC Director’s top pick features a call for three Heritage Impact Assessments in Northampton, closing 16/09.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (church) doorstep’: Norwich ‘Domesday Book’ church set for £200K revamp, thanks to NHCT
The Norwich Historic Churches Trust (NHCT) has secured a £218,000 grant towards repairs at St John de Sepulchre, ‘one of 25 in the city founded during the 10th century’.
Five arts and heritage projects will benefit from a share of a £60,000 pot from the Herefordshire’s a Great Place ‘Hidden Gems’ grant scheme – co-funded by The National Lottery Heritage Fund and Arts Council England, with support from Historic … Continue reading
Scotland’s historic environment attracts millions of visitors each year, creates a unique sense of place, and contributes to the economic and social well-being, so national link-body BEFS is maintaining an online reference resource of cases tied to the country’s plan … Continue reading
Thinking about #IHBCBrighton2020… in Scotland: New FSB report ‘Transforming Towns: Delivering a sustainable future for local places’ for Scotland
The Federation of Small Businesses(FSB) has published a new report – ‘Transforming Towns: Delivering a sustainable future for local places’ – that calls for ‘a slew of measures to boost Scotland’s 479 local towns’, that may be especially relevant to … Continue reading
2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list: Nominations sought by Sept 27, with simplified nomination form from DCMS
Government is calling for ‘potential candidates’ for the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours list, while also ‘trialling a simplified version’ of the nomination form, with a closing date of 27 September.
England’s Heritage Open Days celebrates 25 years. Get your free on-site, accessible CPD, commended by the IHBC!
England’s Heritage Open Days celebrates it’s 25th year with 25 new places opening their doors. Take advantage of a huge range of regular and one-off opportunities for on-site CPD, accessible free and commended by the IHBC!
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has launched its ‘Planning Performance Framework Report 2018-19’, which summarises activity ‘for the designation, management and protection of the historic environment’, including ‘making decisions on designation and providing advice on how Scotland’s heritage should be managed … Continue reading
IHBC signpost on changing use, via HES: Wasps – An Artistic Chapter in the Story of Historic Buildings
Tara Marshall-Tierney from Wasps – ‘Workshop & Artists Studio Provision Scotland’, a charity providing affordable studios to artists etc. at 19 buildings across Scotland – tells the story of three buildings repurposed as artists’ studios for Scotland’s largest creative community, … Continue reading