Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on disaster recovery and the ‘Phoenix Case Study’: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 17/09/2019
- IHBC prompt: Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards – call for 2019 nominations open until 4 October 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (cultural) doorstep’: Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways to recapture former glories with Heritage Fund grant 17/09/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: The pleasures and perils of architectural research – from our Highlands and Islands issue 17/09/2019
- Reflecting on #IHBCNottingham2019: Fire engulfs Grade II-listed Horncliffe Mansion 17/09/2019
- Lawyers put 100 local authorities on notice over climate inaction 17/09/2019
- North Somerset Council serves Birnbeck Pier repairs notice 17/09/2019
- Manchester College launches new industry-sponsored Architectural and Construction Engineering Scholarship for 16-18 year olds 17/09/2019
- New petition to save Whitechapel Bell Foundry 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s free, first-timer ‘taster’ membership for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* 13/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too! 13/09/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, now including conservation threats and legislation: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.4M+ opportunities this week: Services for Birmingham Hippodrome sought, closing 04/10 13/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost: DBW on ‘Design and build: feasibility studies’ 13/09/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: THA’s September Heritage Chat on ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 13/09/2019
- European Heritage Awards 2020 – Last chance to vote: Closing 15 Sept 13/09/2019
- Reminder: Applications for Churchill Fellowships close 17 September 13/09/2019
- New Heritage Minister – Helen Whately MP 13/09/2019
- HES launches Caerlaverock Castle app: ‘Castle Quest 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s Twitter followers pass 10.5k… and why this is good news for everyone! 10/09/2019
- Don’t forget IHBC London’s 2019 conference: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond’ – Conserving Post-war Buildings & Places, 2 October 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Experts refuse to list Wolverton’s controversial Agora as an historic building 10/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost, on ‘planned preventative maintenance’ (PPM) and technology, from construction’s mainstream and via DBW 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Annotating and revealing the historic landscape – and reproducing it – from the Highlands and Islands 10/09/2019
- England’s councils accused of ‘restricting’ retail to residential conversions 10/09/2019
Daily Archives: 23/08/2019
The IHBC is delighted to welcome two new consultants to assist in the development of our CPD and accreditation and training support programmes – which include our celebrated MATE (Membership Application Training Event) sessions: Dr Ramona Usher will lead on … Continue reading
Extended and updated: IHBC free CPD benefits at The Listed Property Show South West – now with unlimited free places for members, and opportunities to volunteer too: Bristol, 21/09
The IHBC has enhanced its CPD partnership with the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) now with free places for all members at The Listed Property Show South West, in Bristol on 21 September, alongside limited complimentary tickets for members and … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £20M+ of opportunities this week: Pallant House seeks Multi Disciplinary Design Team, closing 13/09, valued £400K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for this week features a call from Pallant House Gallery for a … Continue reading
Known to almost everyone as the Bowie Bandstand, The Bromley Times applauds its recent listing as ‘it should be protected forever’.
IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context and from ‘Building Services’: Lighting standards, World Heritage, and Bath
The city of Bath is well known for its stunning architecture and beautiful stone, but few might consider the everyday details like lighting, and the skills taken to maintain and restore such features, so Rhys Brookes invites us to examine … Continue reading
A property company has been ordered to pay £25,000 following unauthorised work on a listed building following a prosecution by Cotswold District Council.
PAS – Scotland’s planning advisory and citizenship service – asks for ‘Help to make a ‘zine’ about place!’, revised closing: 30/09
PAS – Scotland’s planning advisory and citizenship service – seeks submissions to ‘Help to make a ‘zine’ about place!’, with a revised closing date of 30/09.
£10m boost from CITB to get people of diverse backgrounds into construction, with its ‘Pathways Into Construction’ programme
The Construction Industry Training board (CITB) will be targeting more than 11,800 people to attract them into construction careers, as part of the Pathways Into Construction programme. image: CITB website
Parliament reports that MPs have accused the Government of being ‘derelict in its duty’ to local authorities by failing to set out a funding settlement that would ease the pressure on frontline services. image: Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the … Continue reading
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) is seeking nominations for new members to be appointed to its Peer Review College (PRC).
New scoping study on ‘interactions’ between UK HE institutions and the heritage sector out, with supporting survey!
The Heritage 2020 ‘Discovery, Understanding and Identification’ working group has published the findings of a study into collaborative working between heritage organisations and higher education institutions – ‘Mapping collaborative interactions between Higher Education [HE] Institutions in the UK and the … Continue reading
The Welsh Planning Directorate is working on the production of a National Development Framework (NDF), which will set out a 20-year land use framework for Wales and will replace the current Wales Spatial Plan.
Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) offers users a national digital map-based facility to help explore Scotland’s Landscape Character Types to assis in Landscape Character Assessment (LCA) – the process of identifying and describing variation in character of the landscape.