Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 13/08/2019
The IHBC has warmly welcomed the new Historic England (HE) briefing on the government’s post-NPPF revision guidance on built and historic environment and conservation planning, while adding some further points also worthy of note.
The Climate Heritage Network Global Launch in Edinburgh is a two-day programme (24-25 October) devoted to urgently mobilizing the cultural heritage sector for climate action in Europe and across the globe, which will have the IHBC in attendance.
The recent Context – on the Scottish Highlands and Islands offers distinct takes on architectural research in rural areas north and south of the Scottish borders, with insights from each that can promote critical reflections – personal and collective – … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’: CIC’s ‘Model Mediation Agreement and Procedure’ for construction and engineering disputes
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) has published the CIC Model Mediation Agreement and Procedure (CIC MMAP), a model agreement and procedure to assist parties compromise a construction and engineering dispute using mediation.
The BBC has reported on a prominent town centre building in Jedburgh, in the Scottish Borders, that may have to be demolished because it is crumbling.
The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (WCMT) has announced that applications for Churchill Fellowships – a unique opportunity open to all UK adult citizens – are open until 17 September.
Following a public consultation that ‘revealed the strength of feeling towards library services’ – through months of protests involving hundreds of residents and the support of big names including David Walliams and Jacqueline Wilson – Essex County Council (ECC) has … Continue reading
A mayor has called for a change in planning law after proposals to convert an industrial unit into 15 small ‘oppressive’ flats got the go-ahead.
Rising price of heritage materials increases rebuild and repair costs of traditional properties by 3.4%
Ecclesiastical’s heritage Building Cost Index rose by 1.2% in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the previous quarter, and by 3.4% year on year.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Urgency Grants pilot scheme is open until 31 October 2020, with ‘Applications for full economic costs up to £150,000 for a period of up to 12 months may … Continue reading
The Government has been considering whether to make it law that all flour should have folic acid added to it, with public consultation ending on 9 September, but if the proposals are adopted, SPAB argues that this could prohibit any … Continue reading