Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s newest Context now out: Remembering the Second World War 16/08/2019
- IHBC London Branch conference launched: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond: Conserving Post-War Buildings and Places’, Wednesday 2 Oct – bauhaustobrutalism.ihbc.org.uk #IHBCBauhaustoBrutalism 16/08/2019
- IHBC at LPOC Bristol, with benefits: The Listed Property Show South West, 21 Sept – limited free places ( ‘first come’ allocation) & unlimited reduced rate tickets for IHBC members 16/08/2019
- See #IHBCNottingham2019, on ‘structures’, on video: More 2019 Day School talks now out on IHBC’s YouTube channel 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6M+ total opportunities this week: Community Archaeology Consultant sought for ‘Belief in the NE’ project, closing 16/08 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Pontefract Castle is removed from the ‘at risk’ register 16/08/2019
- Latest Newsletter from IHBC CPD provider ESC: Special issue on traditional buildings features new IHBC ToolBox guidance 16/08/2019
- Dry stone walling added to list of intangible cultural heritage in Ireland 16/08/2019
- UKNC on ‘Cultural Heritage Innovation’: Opportunities for international development 16/08/2019
- DEFRA consultation outcome and conclusions on legislation for conservation covenants in England 16/08/2019
- England’s DCMS 5 minute survey to help them help you with ‘no deal’ Brexit scenario: Closes fast 16/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes HE’s update on post-NPPF revision heritage guidance – and adds some further thoughts… 13/08/2019
- Edinburgh’s Climate Heritage Network Global Launch, 24-25 October: With IHBC in attendance 13/08/2019
Daily Archives: 13/08/2019
The IHBC has warmly welcomed the new Historic England (HE) briefing on the government’s post-NPPF revision guidance on built and historic environment and conservation planning, while adding some further points also worthy of note.
The Climate Heritage Network Global Launch in Edinburgh is a two-day programme (24-25 October) devoted to urgently mobilizing the cultural heritage sector for climate action in Europe and across the globe, which will have the IHBC in attendance.
The recent Context – on the Scottish Highlands and Islands offers distinct takes on architectural research in rural areas north and south of the Scottish borders, with insights from each that can promote critical reflections – personal and collective – … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’: CIC’s ‘Model Mediation Agreement and Procedure’ for construction and engineering disputes
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) has published the CIC Model Mediation Agreement and Procedure (CIC MMAP), a model agreement and procedure to assist parties compromise a construction and engineering dispute using mediation.
The BBC has reported on a prominent town centre building in Jedburgh, in the Scottish Borders, that may have to be demolished because it is crumbling.
The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (WCMT) has announced that applications for Churchill Fellowships – a unique opportunity open to all UK adult citizens – are open until 17 September.
Following a public consultation that ‘revealed the strength of feeling towards library services’ – through months of protests involving hundreds of residents and the support of big names including David Walliams and Jacqueline Wilson – Essex County Council (ECC) has … Continue reading
A mayor has called for a change in planning law after proposals to convert an industrial unit into 15 small ‘oppressive’ flats got the go-ahead.
Rising price of heritage materials increases rebuild and repair costs of traditional properties by 3.4%
Ecclesiastical’s heritage Building Cost Index rose by 1.2% in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the previous quarter, and by 3.4% year on year.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Urgency Grants pilot scheme is open until 31 October 2020, with ‘Applications for full economic costs up to £150,000 for a period of up to 12 months may … Continue reading
The Government has been considering whether to make it law that all flour should have folic acid added to it, with public consultation ending on 9 September, but if the proposals are adopted, SPAB argues that this could prohibit any … Continue reading