Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 02/08/2019
See – or reprise – Nottingham’s ‘Keynote Speaker’ on video: Prof Zaki’s global take on ‘Heritage, risk and resilience’
The IHBC welcomed Prof. Zaki Aslan as the keynote Day School speaker at its 2019 Annual School – the lead event in the calendar of the UK’s built and historic environment conservation specialists – and now everyone can see his … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes post-NPPF guidance update on planning’s four ‘heritage interests’: Archaeological, Architectural and artistic, and Historic
The IHBC has welcomed formally the Government’s update of its Historic Environment (HE) guidance, issued following earlier revisions to England’s National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), in particular the further clarification of the four interests that make up ‘heritage interest’: Archaeological, … Continue reading
Check out Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust’s award winning work, out of Context and now via DBW’s 10,000+ user network and 10M user online resource
Angel Award winning Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust (GYPT) has had its work featured in IHBC’s Context – with a piece authored by IHBC member Darren Barker, on ‘Skills in partnership’- and now Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), IHBC’s partner in our … Continue reading
Members with benefits, courtesy IHBC again: Free copies of PLACE Alliance’s ‘Place Value & the Ladder of Place Quality’
At its Big Meet 9, PLACE Alliance – the link body for place-based professional and interests – launched a guide for decision making about the built environment, ‘Place Value & the Ladder of Place Quality’, and now the IHBC is … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1M+ of opportunities this week: Consultants sought for Smithfield transformation into ‘exceptional civic space’, closing 22/08, valued £400K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from City of London … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘CPD Prompt’, out of Context: Balancing heritage, tourism and economic development, while ‘taking the breath away’!
In a recent issue of IHBC’s Context – on the Scottish Highlands and Islands – Cliff Hague, past President of the RTPI, explains how there are few places in the world that better encompass the challenges of conservation than northern … Continue reading
Thousands of construction companies are facing a 20% drop in cash flow when VAT changes come into force in October.
The National Lottery Community Fund has launched a new £100 million Climate Action Fund that will enable people and communities to take the lead in tackling the climate emergency.
Planning Out, in association with FieldFisher and BECG, launched an LGBT+ Placemaking Toolkit to support the protection and development of LGBT+ spaces and places.
Scottish Government is highlighting how income households in Scotland are saving on their fuel bills as a result of improved energy efficiency measures in their homes.
A Design Thinking Guide has been developed on behalf of the Empowering Design Practices research project – a five-year collaborative research project funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council – exploring how community-led design can help empower those who … Continue reading
Place Alliance has recently published a report which summarises views from a national survey of local councillors in England on their approach to the design of new residential development, including that ‘Design quality is undervalued by councils, but makes development … Continue reading
Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: Multi-million fund to revitalise country’s high streets… an update from GOV.UK!
Over 50 areas across the country are going through to the second phase of a multi-million fund that will transform their high streets. image: Open Government Licence v3.0