Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s newest Context now out: Remembering the Second World War 16/08/2019
- IHBC London Branch conference launched: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond: Conserving Post-War Buildings and Places’, Wednesday 2 Oct – bauhaustobrutalism.ihbc.org.uk #IHBCBauhaustoBrutalism 16/08/2019
- IHBC at LPOC Bristol, with benefits: The Listed Property Show South West, 21 Sept – limited free places ( ‘first come’ allocation) & unlimited reduced rate tickets for IHBC members 16/08/2019
- See #IHBCNottingham2019, on ‘structures’, on video: More 2019 Day School talks now out on IHBC’s YouTube channel 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6M+ total opportunities this week: Community Archaeology Consultant sought for ‘Belief in the NE’ project, closing 16/08 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Pontefract Castle is removed from the ‘at risk’ register 16/08/2019
- Latest Newsletter from IHBC CPD provider ESC: Special issue on traditional buildings features new IHBC ToolBox guidance 16/08/2019
- Dry stone walling added to list of intangible cultural heritage in Ireland 16/08/2019
- UKNC on ‘Cultural Heritage Innovation’: Opportunities for international development 16/08/2019
- DEFRA consultation outcome and conclusions on legislation for conservation covenants in England 16/08/2019
- England’s DCMS 5 minute survey to help them help you with ‘no deal’ Brexit scenario: Closes fast 16/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes HE’s update on post-NPPF revision heritage guidance – and adds some further thoughts… 13/08/2019
- Edinburgh’s Climate Heritage Network Global Launch, 24-25 October: With IHBC in attendance 13/08/2019
Daily Archives: 02/08/2019
See – or reprise – Nottingham’s ‘Keynote Speaker’ on video: Prof Zaki’s global take on ‘Heritage, risk and resilience’
The IHBC welcomed Prof. Zaki Aslan as the keynote Day School speaker at its 2019 Annual School – the lead event in the calendar of the UK’s built and historic environment conservation specialists – and now everyone can see his … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes post-NPPF guidance update on planning’s four ‘heritage interests’: Archaeological, Architectural and artistic, and Historic
The IHBC has welcomed formally the Government’s update of its Historic Environment (HE) guidance, issued following earlier revisions to England’s National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), in particular the further clarification of the four interests that make up ‘heritage interest’: Archaeological, … Continue reading
Check out Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust’s award winning work, out of Context and now via DBW’s 10,000+ user network and 10M user online resource
Angel Award winning Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust (GYPT) has had its work featured in IHBC’s Context – with a piece authored by IHBC member Darren Barker, on ‘Skills in partnership’- and now Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), IHBC’s partner in our … Continue reading
Members with benefits, courtesy IHBC again: Free copies of PLACE Alliance’s ‘Place Value & the Ladder of Place Quality’
At its Big Meet 9, PLACE Alliance – the link body for place-based professional and interests – launched a guide for decision making about the built environment, ‘Place Value & the Ladder of Place Quality’, and now the IHBC is … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1M+ of opportunities this week: Consultants sought for Smithfield transformation into ‘exceptional civic space’, closing 22/08, valued £400K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from City of London … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘CPD Prompt’, out of Context: Balancing heritage, tourism and economic development, while ‘taking the breath away’!
In a recent issue of IHBC’s Context – on the Scottish Highlands and Islands – Cliff Hague, past President of the RTPI, explains how there are few places in the world that better encompass the challenges of conservation than northern … Continue reading
Thousands of construction companies are facing a 20% drop in cash flow when VAT changes come into force in October.
The National Lottery Community Fund has launched a new £100 million Climate Action Fund that will enable people and communities to take the lead in tackling the climate emergency.
Planning Out, in association with FieldFisher and BECG, launched an LGBT+ Placemaking Toolkit to support the protection and development of LGBT+ spaces and places.
Scottish Government is highlighting how income households in Scotland are saving on their fuel bills as a result of improved energy efficiency measures in their homes.
A Design Thinking Guide has been developed on behalf of the Empowering Design Practices research project – a five-year collaborative research project funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council – exploring how community-led design can help empower those who … Continue reading
Place Alliance has recently published a report which summarises views from a national survey of local councillors in England on their approach to the design of new residential development, including that ‘Design quality is undervalued by councils, but makes development … Continue reading
Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: Multi-million fund to revitalise country’s high streets… an update from GOV.UK!
Over 50 areas across the country are going through to the second phase of a multi-million fund that will transform their high streets. image: Open Government Licence v3.0