Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches 2020 Brighton Annual School sponsorship brochure: More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020, with special opportunities to shine in Brighton in 2020! 22/10/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 from Harrogate – What happened when the shops left town… 22/10/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s HESPR-linked service promotion is now even more accessible to clients when using our map-based search 22/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Doorstep’: Fresh plans for the old Bristol Royal Infirmary could save building and listed chapel 22/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Doorstep’: Kinks guitarist Dave Davies backs bid to save Barnet arcade 22/10/2019
- Sarah Johnson appointed to oversee palace of Westminster restoration 22/10/2019
- Public property hubs to be delivered in Birmingham and Peterborough 22/10/2019
- Transforming Planning In Practice in Scotland – Post-Bill Work Programme 22/10/2019
- SAVE updates on the re-roofing of Wentworth Woodhouse 22/10/2019
- DCMS and partners announce new £250M Culture Investment Fund 22/10/2019
- Autumn clamp down on dust by HSE – site visits planned 22/10/2019
- Scottish Land Commission: Derelict sites contribute to perceptions of urban decline 22/10/2019
- Ferrybridge cooling towers demolished 22/10/2019
- IHBC 2019 Student Awards judge announced: Ben Cowell, Historic Houses DG, to select the Gus Astley Student Awards for 2020 Brighton School presentations… #IHBCBrighton2020 18/10/2019
- Malcolm Payne Group welcomed as new practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of ‘service providers working to the IHBC’s standards’ 18/10/2019
- REMINDER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £142K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish THI seeks ‘creative(s)’ in community engagement, closing 28/10 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Doorstep’: Banksy graffiti taken off GII listed Yorkshire bridge facing dismantling 18/10/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: AHF’s first grants to social enterprises & charities to transform town centres and high streets 18/10/2019
- Government Response published: Garden Design and Tourism Report 18/10/2019
- Charles Jencks architectural historian and critic and founder of Maggie’s cancer charity dies 18/10/2019
- Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement 18/10/2019
- Scotland’s Green Investment Portfolio: call for projects 18/10/2019
- Secure £500 donation to a charity of your choice by answering THA’s ‘Wellbeing’ survey 18/10/2019
- AHRC Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Urgency Grants pilot update, closing 31/10/2020 18/10/2019
Daily Archives: 02/08/2019
See – or reprise – Nottingham’s ‘Keynote Speaker’ on video: Prof Zaki’s global take on ‘Heritage, risk and resilience’
The IHBC welcomed Prof. Zaki Aslan as the keynote Day School speaker at its 2019 Annual School – the lead event in the calendar of the UK’s built and historic environment conservation specialists – and now everyone can see his … Continue reading
IHBC welcomes post-NPPF guidance update on planning’s four ‘heritage interests’: Archaeological, Architectural and artistic, and Historic
The IHBC has welcomed formally the Government’s update of its Historic Environment (HE) guidance, issued following earlier revisions to England’s National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF), in particular the further clarification of the four interests that make up ‘heritage interest’: Archaeological, … Continue reading
Check out Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust’s award winning work, out of Context and now via DBW’s 10,000+ user network and 10M user online resource
Angel Award winning Great Yarmouth Preservation Trust (GYPT) has had its work featured in IHBC’s Context – with a piece authored by IHBC member Darren Barker, on ‘Skills in partnership’- and now Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), IHBC’s partner in our … Continue reading
Members with benefits, courtesy IHBC again: Free copies of PLACE Alliance’s ‘Place Value & the Ladder of Place Quality’
At its Big Meet 9, PLACE Alliance – the link body for place-based professional and interests – launched a guide for decision making about the built environment, ‘Place Value & the Ladder of Place Quality’, and now the IHBC is … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1M+ of opportunities this week: Consultants sought for Smithfield transformation into ‘exceptional civic space’, closing 22/08, valued £400K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from City of London … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘CPD Prompt’, out of Context: Balancing heritage, tourism and economic development, while ‘taking the breath away’!
In a recent issue of IHBC’s Context – on the Scottish Highlands and Islands – Cliff Hague, past President of the RTPI, explains how there are few places in the world that better encompass the challenges of conservation than northern … Continue reading
Thousands of construction companies are facing a 20% drop in cash flow when VAT changes come into force in October.
The National Lottery Community Fund has launched a new £100 million Climate Action Fund that will enable people and communities to take the lead in tackling the climate emergency.
Planning Out, in association with FieldFisher and BECG, launched an LGBT+ Placemaking Toolkit to support the protection and development of LGBT+ spaces and places.
Scottish Government is highlighting how income households in Scotland are saving on their fuel bills as a result of improved energy efficiency measures in their homes.
A Design Thinking Guide has been developed on behalf of the Empowering Design Practices research project – a five-year collaborative research project funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council – exploring how community-led design can help empower those who … Continue reading
Place Alliance has recently published a report which summarises views from a national survey of local councillors in England on their approach to the design of new residential development, including that ‘Design quality is undervalued by councils, but makes development … Continue reading
Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: Multi-million fund to revitalise country’s high streets… an update from GOV.UK!
Over 50 areas across the country are going through to the second phase of a multi-million fund that will transform their high streets. image: Open Government Licence v3.0