Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s newest Context now out: Remembering the Second World War 16/08/2019
- IHBC London Branch conference launched: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond: Conserving Post-War Buildings and Places’, Wednesday 2 Oct – bauhaustobrutalism.ihbc.org.uk #IHBCBauhaustoBrutalism 16/08/2019
- IHBC at LPOC Bristol, with benefits: The Listed Property Show South West, 21 Sept – limited free places ( ‘first come’ allocation) & unlimited reduced rate tickets for IHBC members 16/08/2019
- See #IHBCNottingham2019, on ‘structures’, on video: More 2019 Day School talks now out on IHBC’s YouTube channel 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6M+ total opportunities this week: Community Archaeology Consultant sought for ‘Belief in the NE’ project, closing 16/08 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Pontefract Castle is removed from the ‘at risk’ register 16/08/2019
- Latest Newsletter from IHBC CPD provider ESC: Special issue on traditional buildings features new IHBC ToolBox guidance 16/08/2019
- Dry stone walling added to list of intangible cultural heritage in Ireland 16/08/2019
- UKNC on ‘Cultural Heritage Innovation’: Opportunities for international development 16/08/2019
- DEFRA consultation outcome and conclusions on legislation for conservation covenants in England 16/08/2019
- England’s DCMS 5 minute survey to help them help you with ‘no deal’ Brexit scenario: Closes fast 16/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes HE’s update on post-NPPF revision heritage guidance – and adds some further thoughts… 13/08/2019
- Edinburgh’s Climate Heritage Network Global Launch, 24-25 October: With IHBC in attendance 13/08/2019
Daily Archives: 16/07/2019
IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video!
The IHBC has launched two new Guidance Notes, on Retrofitting of Traditional Buildings and Climate Change and Older Buildings – Key Sources, as one of the three ‘IHBC Spotlight’ sessions at the 2019 Annual School in Nottingham.
BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool
The IHBC’s North West Branch has launched its Day Conference for 2019, on ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, which will include local tours of sites, and takes place on 10th October in the Liverpool Medical Institution.
Plymouth’s post-war architecture could be protected from developers under moves to create a new conservation area in the city centre, in plans covered by Plymouth News.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council
Revised plans to build two houses and garages on a horse paddock at Kersey Mill have been opposed by the parish council, writes the Suffolk Free Press.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – IHBC’s partner in our Conservation Wiki – has reviewed content of an Invitation to Tender for Construction Contracts.
The London borough of Waltham Forest was named the Local Authority of the Year 2019.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has commissioned an evaluation of ‘Our Place in Time – The Historic Environment Strategy for Scotland’, with an online survey now open and closing 2 August.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) inaugurated Stephen Hodder MBE – former RIBA President – as its new Chair at its Council Meeting on 11 June 2019.
An ambitious new partnership to shape the future direction for Orkney’s World Heritage Site has been unveiled, as Historic Environment Scotland (HES), Orkney Islands Council and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to conserve the … Continue reading
With sustainable community investment project, Agar Grove Phase 1a crowned Overall Winner of the New London Awards (NLA) 2019, the Conservation & Retrofit award has been won by Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery, W5, by Jestico + Whiles and Julian Harrap … Continue reading
Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings
A new exhibition chronicles the wartime work of the National Buildings Record – set up to capture a disappearing landscape -and of Margaret Tomlinson who was nothing if not dogged in pursuit of her task.