Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020 open: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 10/12/2019
- Building on #IHBCNottingham2019, IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’: HE webinar on ‘Acting in a flooding emergency’, 11 Dec @1pm 10/12/2019
- Remember the IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Heritage group blasts ‘flawed’ council plans for historic chapel 10/12/2019
- RIBA Awards 2020: Jury Application – call for volunteers 10/12/2019
- Home Protect Report: Unoccupied Homes in England now up, at almost 1% 10/12/2019
- Local Plan Route Mapper & Toolkit: Reviewing and updating local plan policies 10/12/2019
- Cultural Protection Fund – New funding announced for 2020-2021 10/12/2019
- 16th Century Stained-glass at Shrewsbury damaged in break-in 10/12/2019
- Detectorists stole Viking hoard that ‘rewrites history’ 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s new Context out now: Learning from New Towns, in the UK and beyond 06/12/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, with opportunities from Edinburgh (x2) to the New Forest, for conservation specialists, planners, archaeologists and more! 06/12/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… with DCN: Districts declare high street emergency as retail applications plummet 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £383K+ costed opportunities this week: National agency seeks advice on plans for intangible culture, valued £18K, closing 18/12 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Mansfield man who demolished 19th century barn handed £1,500 penalty plus victim surcharge! 06/12/2019
- Methodology for Moisture Investigations in Traditional Buildings agreed 06/12/2019
- Theatres Trust: 4 new trustees sought, including ‘Planning specialist… with… a local authority context’, closing 8 January 06/12/2019
- BEFS: Digest on ‘main party manifestos’ and implications for Scotland’s historic environment 06/12/2019
- See what parties say on Climate Change, from The Carbon Brief 06/12/2019
- Eastbourne fire: Claremont Hotel engulfed in flames 06/12/2019
- Whitechapel foundry: The Secretary Of State steps in 06/12/2019
- RTPI on Political manifestos 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: ‘Is the way communities engage with the planning system broken?’ 06/12/2019
- Council+ Update: Personal CPD, IHBC CPD strategy and digital polling 03/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Drinkers toast the future after historic Leeds pub granted GII listed heritage status 03/12/2019
Daily Archives: 16/07/2019
IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video!
The IHBC has launched two new Guidance Notes, on Retrofitting of Traditional Buildings and Climate Change and Older Buildings – Key Sources, as one of the three ‘IHBC Spotlight’ sessions at the 2019 Annual School in Nottingham.
BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool
The IHBC’s North West Branch has launched its Day Conference for 2019, on ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, which will include local tours of sites, and takes place on 10th October in the Liverpool Medical Institution.
Plymouth’s post-war architecture could be protected from developers under moves to create a new conservation area in the city centre, in plans covered by Plymouth News.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council
Revised plans to build two houses and garages on a horse paddock at Kersey Mill have been opposed by the parish council, writes the Suffolk Free Press.
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – IHBC’s partner in our Conservation Wiki – has reviewed content of an Invitation to Tender for Construction Contracts.
The London borough of Waltham Forest was named the Local Authority of the Year 2019.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) has commissioned an evaluation of ‘Our Place in Time – The Historic Environment Strategy for Scotland’, with an online survey now open and closing 2 August.
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) inaugurated Stephen Hodder MBE – former RIBA President – as its new Chair at its Council Meeting on 11 June 2019.
An ambitious new partnership to shape the future direction for Orkney’s World Heritage Site has been unveiled, as Historic Environment Scotland (HES), Orkney Islands Council and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to conserve the … Continue reading
With sustainable community investment project, Agar Grove Phase 1a crowned Overall Winner of the New London Awards (NLA) 2019, the Conservation & Retrofit award has been won by Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery, W5, by Jestico + Whiles and Julian Harrap … Continue reading
Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings
A new exhibition chronicles the wartime work of the National Buildings Record – set up to capture a disappearing landscape -and of Margaret Tomlinson who was nothing if not dogged in pursuit of her task.