Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020 open: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 10/12/2019
- Building on #IHBCNottingham2019, IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’: HE webinar on ‘Acting in a flooding emergency’, 11 Dec @1pm 10/12/2019
- Remember the IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Heritage group blasts ‘flawed’ council plans for historic chapel 10/12/2019
- RIBA Awards 2020: Jury Application – call for volunteers 10/12/2019
- Home Protect Report: Unoccupied Homes in England now up, at almost 1% 10/12/2019
- Local Plan Route Mapper & Toolkit: Reviewing and updating local plan policies 10/12/2019
- Cultural Protection Fund – New funding announced for 2020-2021 10/12/2019
- 16th Century Stained-glass at Shrewsbury damaged in break-in 10/12/2019
- Detectorists stole Viking hoard that ‘rewrites history’ 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s new Context out now: Learning from New Towns, in the UK and beyond 06/12/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, with opportunities from Edinburgh (x2) to the New Forest, for conservation specialists, planners, archaeologists and more! 06/12/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… with DCN: Districts declare high street emergency as retail applications plummet 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £383K+ costed opportunities this week: National agency seeks advice on plans for intangible culture, valued £18K, closing 18/12 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Mansfield man who demolished 19th century barn handed £1,500 penalty plus victim surcharge! 06/12/2019
- Methodology for Moisture Investigations in Traditional Buildings agreed 06/12/2019
- Theatres Trust: 4 new trustees sought, including ‘Planning specialist… with… a local authority context’, closing 8 January 06/12/2019
- BEFS: Digest on ‘main party manifestos’ and implications for Scotland’s historic environment 06/12/2019
- See what parties say on Climate Change, from The Carbon Brief 06/12/2019
- Eastbourne fire: Claremont Hotel engulfed in flames 06/12/2019
- Whitechapel foundry: The Secretary Of State steps in 06/12/2019
- RTPI on Political manifestos 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: ‘Is the way communities engage with the planning system broken?’ 06/12/2019
- Council+ Update: Personal CPD, IHBC CPD strategy and digital polling 03/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Drinkers toast the future after historic Leeds pub granted GII listed heritage status 03/12/2019
Daily Archives: 12/07/2019
Early feedback indicates that as well as being one of the IHBC’s most populous Schools – thanks not least to the IHBC’s new forward planning strategies and the skills-focussed hosting by the IHBC’s East Midlands Branch – the IHBC’s 2019 … Continue reading
Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review, as posts range from charity CEs and finance administrators to building inspectors, surveyors and more!
Helping conservation careers and heritage employers across the UK, the IHBC regularly updates NewsBlog readers about the diverse career opportunities posted on our ‘Jobs etc.’ service, with recent offerings extending from a charity Chief Executive (CE: Heritage Lincolnshire) and finance … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £360M+ costed opportunities this week: Council seeks team for fee proposal for Tonedale Mill Repairs Notice, closing 24/07, value £50K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Somerset West and … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Officials remove three iconic Southport (Merseyside) buildings from their ‘at risk’ register
The removal of three buildings from Historic England’s ‘At risk’ register has been recognised on Sefton Council’s website, a report by The Liverpool Echo notes, as Christ Church in Waterloo, St Nicholas’ church in Crosby and Holy Trinity church in … Continue reading
The owner of Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls, developer Derek Souter, has been ordered to make urgent repairs after it has fallen into disrepair following lying empty for years.
Up to £394.5 million is being invested into the 5 local authority areas on both sides of the border between England and Scotland, the ‘Borderlands’. image: Open Government Licence V3.0
New UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, now open, with deadline 8 January 2020
A UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, has been launched, with a deadline of 8 January 2020 and currently with 1256 signatories.
Winners in 2019 Street Design Awards range from Woking’s Muslim War Cemetery Peace Garden to innovative lighting in Brighton
From the restoration of a historic burial site – Woking’s Muslim Peace Garden – to a successful public lighting scheme, Brighton and Hove’s ‘The Golden Spiral’, the winners of the 2019 Street Design Awards have been announced.
My Place Mentoring – a scheme delivered by the Scottish Civic Trust and funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, Historic Environment Scotland, the Scottish Government and the William Grant Foundation- offers community groups across Scotland the opportunity to build … Continue reading
Planning needs to be more joined up across the North to bring growth and prosperity not only to major metropolitan areas but also neglected towns and communities, a new RTPT report ‘Ambitions for the North’ says.