Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s newest Context now out: Remembering the Second World War 16/08/2019
- IHBC London Branch conference launched: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond: Conserving Post-War Buildings and Places’, Wednesday 2 Oct – bauhaustobrutalism.ihbc.org.uk #IHBCBauhaustoBrutalism 16/08/2019
- IHBC at LPOC Bristol, with benefits: The Listed Property Show South West, 21 Sept – limited free places ( ‘first come’ allocation) & unlimited reduced rate tickets for IHBC members 16/08/2019
- See #IHBCNottingham2019, on ‘structures’, on video: More 2019 Day School talks now out on IHBC’s YouTube channel 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £5.6M+ total opportunities this week: Community Archaeology Consultant sought for ‘Belief in the NE’ project, closing 16/08 16/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Pontefract Castle is removed from the ‘at risk’ register 16/08/2019
- Latest Newsletter from IHBC CPD provider ESC: Special issue on traditional buildings features new IHBC ToolBox guidance 16/08/2019
- Dry stone walling added to list of intangible cultural heritage in Ireland 16/08/2019
- UKNC on ‘Cultural Heritage Innovation’: Opportunities for international development 16/08/2019
- DEFRA consultation outcome and conclusions on legislation for conservation covenants in England 16/08/2019
- England’s DCMS 5 minute survey to help them help you with ‘no deal’ Brexit scenario: Closes fast 16/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes HE’s update on post-NPPF revision heritage guidance – and adds some further thoughts… 13/08/2019
- Edinburgh’s Climate Heritage Network Global Launch, 24-25 October: With IHBC in attendance 13/08/2019
Daily Archives: 09/07/2019
IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers
As well as the usual corporate processes and organisational protocols of any Annual General Meeting, such as approving the most recent Annual Report, the IHBC’s 2019 AGM elected board members and trustees for the coming year, including new Chair, David … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from The Planning Inspectorate … Continue reading
Wiltshire Police has a new eye in the sky thanks to the National Farmers Union (NFU) and Historic England, which has bought a drone that officers will be able to use in the fight against rural crime.
A new High Streets Task Force, to support local leaders as they revitalise England’s high streets and town centres, has been launched, responding to ‘recommendations of the High Streets Expert Panel chaired by… Sir John Timpson’ which argued that ‘successful … Continue reading
AHF opens £15M fund for social enterprises and charities – ‘Transforming Places Through Heritage’ – to ‘transform high streets using historic buildings’
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced the opening of the ‘Transforming Places Through Heritage’ fund, focussed on reinvigorating England’s high streets and town centres as thriving hubs of community through the creative reuse of local historic buildings.
A new strategic approach to support the skills needs of rural Scotland – The Skills Action Plan for Rural Scotland – has been launched.
The RTPI is delighted to announce that it will act as secretariat for the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Housing and Planning, chaired by Conservative MP Mark Prisk.
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is consulting on published guidance detailing the changes in methodology used to produce land use change statistics and guidance is being issued prior to the first publication of land use change statistics … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘international insight’, from the National Trust for Canada: A ‘Top 10 Endangered Places List’ and Toolkit
The Canadian National Trust’s Top 10 Endangered Places List has become a powerful tool in the fight to save places that matter.