Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC Marsh Awards for 2020 open: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 10/12/2019
- Building on #IHBCNottingham2019, IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on ‘Heritage Risk and Resilience’: HE webinar on ‘Acting in a flooding emergency’, 11 Dec @1pm 10/12/2019
- Remember the IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2020: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2021 Aberdeen School, simply submit your coursework online – closing 31 July 2020! 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Heritage group blasts ‘flawed’ council plans for historic chapel 10/12/2019
- RIBA Awards 2020: Jury Application – call for volunteers 10/12/2019
- Home Protect Report: Unoccupied Homes in England now up, at almost 1% 10/12/2019
- Local Plan Route Mapper & Toolkit: Reviewing and updating local plan policies 10/12/2019
- Cultural Protection Fund – New funding announced for 2020-2021 10/12/2019
- 16th Century Stained-glass at Shrewsbury damaged in break-in 10/12/2019
- Detectorists stole Viking hoard that ‘rewrites history’ 10/12/2019
- IHBC’s new Context out now: Learning from New Towns, in the UK and beyond 06/12/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s ‘Jobs etc.’ review, with opportunities from Edinburgh (x2) to the New Forest, for conservation specialists, planners, archaeologists and more! 06/12/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… with DCN: Districts declare high street emergency as retail applications plummet 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £383K+ costed opportunities this week: National agency seeks advice on plans for intangible culture, valued £18K, closing 18/12 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (courtroom) doorstep’: Mansfield man who demolished 19th century barn handed £1,500 penalty plus victim surcharge! 06/12/2019
- Methodology for Moisture Investigations in Traditional Buildings agreed 06/12/2019
- Theatres Trust: 4 new trustees sought, including ‘Planning specialist… with… a local authority context’, closing 8 January 06/12/2019
- BEFS: Digest on ‘main party manifestos’ and implications for Scotland’s historic environment 06/12/2019
- See what parties say on Climate Change, from The Carbon Brief 06/12/2019
- Eastbourne fire: Claremont Hotel engulfed in flames 06/12/2019
- Whitechapel foundry: The Secretary Of State steps in 06/12/2019
- RTPI on Political manifestos 06/12/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: ‘Is the way communities engage with the planning system broken?’ 06/12/2019
- Council+ Update: Personal CPD, IHBC CPD strategy and digital polling 03/12/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Drinkers toast the future after historic Leeds pub granted GII listed heritage status 03/12/2019
Daily Archives: 09/07/2019
IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers
As well as the usual corporate processes and organisational protocols of any Annual General Meeting, such as approving the most recent Annual Report, the IHBC’s 2019 AGM elected board members and trustees for the coming year, including new Chair, David … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from The Planning Inspectorate … Continue reading
Wiltshire Police has a new eye in the sky thanks to the National Farmers Union (NFU) and Historic England, which has bought a drone that officers will be able to use in the fight against rural crime.
A new High Streets Task Force, to support local leaders as they revitalise England’s high streets and town centres, has been launched, responding to ‘recommendations of the High Streets Expert Panel chaired by… Sir John Timpson’ which argued that ‘successful … Continue reading
AHF opens £15M fund for social enterprises and charities – ‘Transforming Places Through Heritage’ – to ‘transform high streets using historic buildings’
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced the opening of the ‘Transforming Places Through Heritage’ fund, focussed on reinvigorating England’s high streets and town centres as thriving hubs of community through the creative reuse of local historic buildings.
A new strategic approach to support the skills needs of rural Scotland – The Skills Action Plan for Rural Scotland – has been launched.
The RTPI is delighted to announce that it will act as secretariat for the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Housing and Planning, chaired by Conservative MP Mark Prisk.
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is consulting on published guidance detailing the changes in methodology used to produce land use change statistics and guidance is being issued prior to the first publication of land use change statistics … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘international insight’, from the National Trust for Canada: A ‘Top 10 Endangered Places List’ and Toolkit
The Canadian National Trust’s Top 10 Endangered Places List has become a powerful tool in the fight to save places that matter.