Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 19/06/2019
IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too!
IHBC’s next membership journal Context is out, offering critical CPD updates in practice areas linked to its ‘Building Services’ theme, looking at issues of the often hidden details that help our buildings function properly, from sewage and water to lighting … Continue reading
Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street
Anyone looking to attend the IHBC’s 2020 School in Brighton might be interested in some early CPD preparation by joining the Heritage Alliance’s ‘Heritage2020’ #HeritageChat on 20 June, which takes as its subject ‘Heritage and the High Street’, a timely … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building
Belper’s historic tea rooms – derelict for nearly four decades – are finally set to be demolished and replaced with a new building, reports the Belper News.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites
Masters degree students at the Manchester School of Architecture have re-imagined historic heritage sites in Rochdale and put forward new designs for heritage sites in the town centre to help breathe new life into the area, and will showcase 50 … Continue reading
IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide
IHBC members can secure more free online CPD-linked learning tied to the Bauhaus in its centenary year – and download copies of original Bauhaus books, journals, manifestos & ads – by following the CPD boost from Open Culture below.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) is delighted to announce that Northern Ireland’s Department for Communities, through its Historic Environment Division, is to contribute £300,000 towards the recently launched Heritage Impact Fund (HIF).
Organisations can apply for a share of £250,000 for projects that support developer decisions in the Scottish countryside. image: Fiona Newton
Then Heritage Minister Michael Ellis attended the signing of a Heritage Partnership Agreement (HPA) at King’s Cross Station with Historic England, Network Rail and Camden Council, with the HPA helping ensure efficient future management of the nationally significant site by … Continue reading
The winners of the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019 were announced by the European Commission and Europa Nostra, as 25 laureates from 16 countries have been recognised for their impressive accomplishments in conservation, research, dedicated service, and … Continue reading
Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July
England’s Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) seeks views on proposals for a radically new building and fire safety system, with the consultation closing 31 July.
CLORE Leadership is now inviting applications for their next Emerging Leaders and Leadership Intensive residential courses, a programme supported by Historic England and with bursaries now available.
The National Churches Trust (NCT) is seeking entries for works such as new church extensions, re-ordering schemes or major repairs or conservation projects for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards, closing 1 July. image: NCT website
Springfield Properties has become the UK’s first house builder to use waste plastic to build a road on a housing development.