Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video! 16/07/2019
- BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plan to protect Plymouth’s post-war buildings from developers 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council 16/07/2019
- IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Invitation to Tender for construction contracts 16/07/2019
- MJ Achievement Awards names Waltham Forest Local Authority of the Year 2019 16/07/2019
- HES online survey of ‘Our Place in Time’ (OPIT): Closes 2 August 16/07/2019
- CIC appoints Stephen Hodder MBE as its new Chair 16/07/2019
- New partnership for Orkney’s World Heritage Site 16/07/2019
- NLA awards 2019 include Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery for Conservation & Retrofit 16/07/2019
- Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham Annual School opens and closes, as records break and spotlights beam 12/07/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review, as posts range from charity CEs and finance administrators to building inspectors, surveyors and more! 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £360M+ costed opportunities this week: Council seeks team for fee proposal for Tonedale Mill Repairs Notice, closing 24/07, value £50K 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Officials remove three iconic Southport (Merseyside) buildings from their ‘at risk’ register 12/07/2019
- Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls’ owner ordered to make urgent repairs 12/07/2019
- Boost for Scotland/Northern Powerhouse ‘Borderlands’ as £394.5M ‘Growth Deal’ signed 12/07/2019
- New UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, now open, with deadline 8 January 2020 12/07/2019
- Winners in 2019 Street Design Awards range from Woking’s Muslim War Cemetery Peace Garden to innovative lighting in Brighton 12/07/2019
- Scotland’s ‘My Place Mentoring’ programme builds skills and capacity for community groups 12/07/2019
- England’s Northern Powerhouse lacks joined-up planning, RTPI warns 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (farmer’s) doorstep’: NFU and HE give drone to Wiltshire Police 09/07/2019
- England’s new High Streets Task Force will help revitalise high streets and town centres 09/07/2019
Daily Archives: 19/06/2019
IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too!
IHBC’s next membership journal Context is out, offering critical CPD updates in practice areas linked to its ‘Building Services’ theme, looking at issues of the often hidden details that help our buildings function properly, from sewage and water to lighting … Continue reading
Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street
Anyone looking to attend the IHBC’s 2020 School in Brighton might be interested in some early CPD preparation by joining the Heritage Alliance’s ‘Heritage2020’ #HeritageChat on 20 June, which takes as its subject ‘Heritage and the High Street’, a timely … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building
Belper’s historic tea rooms – derelict for nearly four decades – are finally set to be demolished and replaced with a new building, reports the Belper News.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites
Masters degree students at the Manchester School of Architecture have re-imagined historic heritage sites in Rochdale and put forward new designs for heritage sites in the town centre to help breathe new life into the area, and will showcase 50 … Continue reading
IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide
IHBC members can secure more free online CPD-linked learning tied to the Bauhaus in its centenary year – and download copies of original Bauhaus books, journals, manifestos & ads – by following the CPD boost from Open Culture below.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) is delighted to announce that Northern Ireland’s Department for Communities, through its Historic Environment Division, is to contribute £300,000 towards the recently launched Heritage Impact Fund (HIF).
Organisations can apply for a share of £250,000 for projects that support developer decisions in the Scottish countryside. image: Fiona Newton
Then Heritage Minister Michael Ellis attended the signing of a Heritage Partnership Agreement (HPA) at King’s Cross Station with Historic England, Network Rail and Camden Council, with the HPA helping ensure efficient future management of the nationally significant site by … Continue reading
The winners of the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019 were announced by the European Commission and Europa Nostra, as 25 laureates from 16 countries have been recognised for their impressive accomplishments in conservation, research, dedicated service, and … Continue reading
Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July
England’s Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) seeks views on proposals for a radically new building and fire safety system, with the consultation closing 31 July.
CLORE Leadership is now inviting applications for their next Emerging Leaders and Leadership Intensive residential courses, a programme supported by Historic England and with bursaries now available.
The National Churches Trust (NCT) is seeking entries for works such as new church extensions, re-ordering schemes or major repairs or conservation projects for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards, closing 1 July. image: NCT website
Springfield Properties has become the UK’s first house builder to use waste plastic to build a road on a housing development.