Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Still time to apply for the role of IHBC’s new ‘Professional Development (PD) Officer – closes 8 July! 22/06/2019
- Going to (IHBC’s Nottingham) School? Check it out at #IHBCNottingham2019 22/06/2019
- IHBC update: Interested in the politics and presumptions around heritage change? See the chat from the floor on the Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s #IHBCNottingham2019, climate and ‘managed retreat’ in Wales, via CNN: ‘UK village considers the unfathomable: tearing itself down before nature does’. 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £700M+ costed opportunities this week: Renfrewshire Council seeks team for works in two areas in Paisley’s town centre, closing 15/07, valued £420K 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (business) doorstep’: Historic building that exported lace around the world restored to its former glory 22/06/2019
- Conservation cases update from Scotland’s Garden and Landscape Heritage: Loudon Castle to New Lanark and Aberdeen 22/06/2019
- Holy Spirits! The UK has more churches than pubs… 22/06/2019
- Scottish Government on new Planning Bill amendments, from BEFS 22/06/2019
- Ramboll report finds clients underestimate economic value of sustainability 22/06/2019
- ‘Backing the Bedrock’ – THA’s 2019 Fiscal Manifesto 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too! 19/06/2019
- Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide 19/06/2019
- NI’s Department for Communities contributes to AHF’s Heritage Impact Fund 19/06/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 19/06/2019
- New Heritage Partnership Agreement signed at King’s Cross Station 19/06/2019
- European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Winners announced 19/06/2019
- Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July 19/06/2019
- Clore Leadership: Bursaries for Emerging Heritage Leaders – Applications open 19/06/2019
- NCT: Enter your church building project for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards: Closing 1 July 19/06/2019
- Plastic road built on new housing development 19/06/2019
- IHBC congratulates Malcolm Airs on OBE appointment: Your institute’s past president, past chair, and much more 14/06/2019
Daily Archives: 11/06/2019
IHBC member? Make your life easier and remind your colleagues about IHBC’s FREE taster NewsBlogs: ‘Accessible sector news, by email, for anyone in the UK and beyond’
IHBC members are encouraged to remind all colleagues that they can take up a 6-month ‘taster’ of free email news updates – our NewsBlogs – and experience key IHBC member privileges while also getting CPD benefits by improving their understanding … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award has been featured by Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and self-styled ‘knowledge base for the construction industry’ – with posts both on the Home Page of its … Continue reading
Need a CPD boost that looks ahead to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School, in Brighton, on ‘Old Towns – New Futures’? HE references 5 Historic High Streets types
Historic England (HE) references around 5,000 high streets in the United Kingdom and, while traditionally the epicentre of community life, their role has dramatically changed in the last few decades, so they have outlined ‘five of the most distinctive styles … Continue reading
The IHBC submitted its response to the Historic England (HE)-led consultation on Historic Environment Advisor Apprenticeship.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Swindon Advertiser jubilant as £1.35M Carriage Works cultural institute gets the go-ahead
The regeneration of some of the most famous buildings in Swindon – and a vital part of the town’s industrial heritage – will continue, The Swindon Advertiser happily reports, as planning permission has been granted by Swindon Borough Council for … Continue reading
IHBC CPD Boost: Do you know your JCT and contract updates? See the latest in the free download ‘JCT: From contract to construction’
The free ebook. ‘JCT: From contract to construction’, looks at the latest insights on construction contracts from the JCT (in origin, the ‘Joint Contracts Tribunal’) and the evolution of its offerings in an ever-changing business and political environment.
Entries for the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Awards for Planning Excellence in the English Regions for 2019 are open until 28 June.
UCL Press has announced the publication of a new free open access book likely to be of interest, ‘London’s Urban Landscape: Another Way of Telling’, edited by Christopher Tilley.
Figures reveal that South Ayrshire Council has more than exceeded its targets for bringing empty homes back into use. image: pbctoday
Victorian Society announces 2019 Conservation Award – which seeks to recognise the best work carried out to Victorian and Edwardian buildings in Birmingham and the West Midlands – are now open for nominations, and close on 31 December.
A house designed using algorithms and machines chose complex, organic-looking forms, which were stronger and more efficient than straight lines, so the BBC asks if all the houses of the future look like this?