Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new Recognised CPD Provider ‘CPD essentials’ – offering 10% discounts to members too! 28/01/2020
- REMINDER: IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb 28/01/2020
- IHBC CPD signpost to DBW: What is a party wall dispute or boundary dispute? 28/01/2020
- Scottish Government launches first National Islands Plan 28/01/2020
- Investigation into Roman wall collapse on Chester site 28/01/2020
- HSE regulator at the fore of new building safety plans 28/01/2020
- Place Planning for Decarbonisation service in Scotland 28/01/2020
- England’s Village halls boosted by £1.2 million to rejuvenate community hubs 28/01/2020
- RIBA ‘Sustainable Outcomes Guide’ out 28/01/2020
- MOOO architecture design competition for London’s POPS – Privately Owned Public Spaces 28/01/2020
- Petition to save Egyptian Halls launched by the Alexander Thompson Society 28/01/2020
- IHBC launches consultation on draft new constitutional ‘Articles’: First responses encouraged by end Feb and after 24/01/2020
- IHBC members with benefits: Subsidies for HE’s roofing ‘Repair and conservation…’, 03 March, London 24/01/2020
- IHBC welcomes report on new housing in England: Design overwhelmingly ‘mediocre’ or ‘poor’… but conservation specialists CAN help! 24/01/2020
- REMINDER – IHBC’s ‘Members with benefits’: FREE CPD at London’s LPOC Property Show, Olympia, 8-9 Feb 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £488K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish authority seeks services for building redesign and restoration, valued £467K, closing 31/01/2020 24/01/2020
- LGA: Council chiefs call for permitted development right to be ‘scrapped’ 24/01/2020
- Scottish Government: Improving home energy efficiency consultation, closes 26 March 24/01/2020
- DCMS Evaluation of the Taylor Review Pilot – Emerging Monitoring and Evaluation Evidence 24/01/2020
- Number of threatened ancient woodlands tops the thousand mark 24/01/2020
- Department store Beales collapses into administration 24/01/2020
- Only one in 10 support ‘new towns’, study finds 24/01/2020
- MoD manager to lead Palace of Westminster refurbishment 24/01/2020
- Earthshot Prize: William and Kate launch prize to ‘repair the Earth’ 24/01/2020
- IHBC’s Brighton 2020 School FIRST keynote: Carole Souter CBE, past HLF Chief Executive, lays the foundations for ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’, 19 June 2020 21/01/2020
Daily Archives: 11/06/2019
IHBC member? Make your life easier and remind your colleagues about IHBC’s FREE taster NewsBlogs: ‘Accessible sector news, by email, for anyone in the UK and beyond’
IHBC members are encouraged to remind all colleagues that they can take up a 6-month ‘taster’ of free email news updates – our NewsBlogs – and experience key IHBC member privileges while also getting CPD benefits by improving their understanding … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award has been featured by Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and self-styled ‘knowledge base for the construction industry’ – with posts both on the Home Page of its … Continue reading
Need a CPD boost that looks ahead to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School, in Brighton, on ‘Old Towns – New Futures’? HE references 5 Historic High Streets types
Historic England (HE) references around 5,000 high streets in the United Kingdom and, while traditionally the epicentre of community life, their role has dramatically changed in the last few decades, so they have outlined ‘five of the most distinctive styles … Continue reading
The IHBC submitted its response to the Historic England (HE)-led consultation on Historic Environment Advisor Apprenticeship.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Swindon Advertiser jubilant as £1.35M Carriage Works cultural institute gets the go-ahead
The regeneration of some of the most famous buildings in Swindon – and a vital part of the town’s industrial heritage – will continue, The Swindon Advertiser happily reports, as planning permission has been granted by Swindon Borough Council for … Continue reading
IHBC CPD Boost: Do you know your JCT and contract updates? See the latest in the free download ‘JCT: From contract to construction’
The free ebook. ‘JCT: From contract to construction’, looks at the latest insights on construction contracts from the JCT (in origin, the ‘Joint Contracts Tribunal’) and the evolution of its offerings in an ever-changing business and political environment.
Entries for the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Awards for Planning Excellence in the English Regions for 2019 are open until 28 June.
UCL Press has announced the publication of a new free open access book likely to be of interest, ‘London’s Urban Landscape: Another Way of Telling’, edited by Christopher Tilley.
Figures reveal that South Ayrshire Council has more than exceeded its targets for bringing empty homes back into use. image: pbctoday
Victorian Society announces 2019 Conservation Award – which seeks to recognise the best work carried out to Victorian and Edwardian buildings in Birmingham and the West Midlands – are now open for nominations, and close on 31 December.
A house designed using algorithms and machines chose complex, organic-looking forms, which were stronger and more efficient than straight lines, so the BBC asks if all the houses of the future look like this?