Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC welcomes new professional and training support staff: Ramona Usher and Sarah Cheng 23/08/2019
- Extended and updated: IHBC free CPD benefits at The Listed Property Show South West – now with unlimited free places for members, and opportunities to volunteer too: Bristol, 21/09 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £20M+ of opportunities this week: Pallant House seeks Multi Disciplinary Design Team, closing 13/09, valued £400K 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Famous Bowie Bandstand in Bromley wins listed status 23/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context and from ‘Building Services’: Lighting standards, World Heritage, and Bath 23/08/2019
- Company fined £20,000 for unauthorised work on listed building 23/08/2019
- PAS – Scotland’s planning advisory and citizenship service – asks for ‘Help to make a ‘zine’ about place!’, revised closing: 30/09 23/08/2019
- £10m boost from CITB to get people of diverse backgrounds into construction, with its ‘Pathways Into Construction’ programme 23/08/2019
- Council services ‘declining’ due to £5bn funding gap 23/08/2019
- AHRC calls for nominations to the Peer Review College 2019 23/08/2019
- New scoping study on ‘interactions’ between UK HE institutions and the heritage sector out, with supporting survey! 23/08/2019
- National Development Framework sets out 20 year land use framework for Wales 23/08/2019
- Scottish Landscape Character Types – map and descriptions facility from SNH 23/08/2019
- IHBC welcomes new RIBA report, recognition of LA roles and conservation accreditation: ‘Design Matters’ 20/08/2019
- Next IHBC NI Branch CPD session: ‘Glenarm Castle and Walled Garden’ morning, 20 September 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Landmark Newcastle GI church to reopen after a decade 20/08/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Creative thinking in neighbourhood planning – Dorchester on Thames 20/08/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 with an ‘IMHO’ signpost from Reuters and Nashville: As U.S. ‘superstar’ cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind 20/08/2019
- CCT’s ‘Great National Steeple Chase’ an ‘epic success!’ 20/08/2019
- RIBA announces Great British Buildings programme for 2019 20/08/2019
- Bath Stone joins Portland and Cambrian Welsh slate as a ‘Global Heritage Stone Resource’ 20/08/2019
- New research highlights threats facing Edinburgh’s Royal Mile 20/08/2019
- DCMS Committee: Create a ‘UK Garden City’ initiative to boost untapped potential of garden tourism to UK economy 20/08/2019
- John Betjeman Award 2019 winner announced by SPAB 20/08/2019
- ‘Local government Brexit preparedness’ out from England’s MHCLG 20/08/2019
Daily Archives: 11/06/2019
IHBC member? Make your life easier and remind your colleagues about IHBC’s FREE taster NewsBlogs: ‘Accessible sector news, by email, for anyone in the UK and beyond’
IHBC members are encouraged to remind all colleagues that they can take up a 6-month ‘taster’ of free email news updates – our NewsBlogs – and experience key IHBC member privileges while also getting CPD benefits by improving their understanding … Continue reading
The IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award has been featured by Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and self-styled ‘knowledge base for the construction industry’ – with posts both on the Home Page of its … Continue reading
Need a CPD boost that looks ahead to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School, in Brighton, on ‘Old Towns – New Futures’? HE references 5 Historic High Streets types
Historic England (HE) references around 5,000 high streets in the United Kingdom and, while traditionally the epicentre of community life, their role has dramatically changed in the last few decades, so they have outlined ‘five of the most distinctive styles … Continue reading
The IHBC submitted its response to the Historic England (HE)-led consultation on Historic Environment Advisor Apprenticeship.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Swindon Advertiser jubilant as £1.35M Carriage Works cultural institute gets the go-ahead
The regeneration of some of the most famous buildings in Swindon – and a vital part of the town’s industrial heritage – will continue, The Swindon Advertiser happily reports, as planning permission has been granted by Swindon Borough Council for … Continue reading
IHBC CPD Boost: Do you know your JCT and contract updates? See the latest in the free download ‘JCT: From contract to construction’
The free ebook. ‘JCT: From contract to construction’, looks at the latest insights on construction contracts from the JCT (in origin, the ‘Joint Contracts Tribunal’) and the evolution of its offerings in an ever-changing business and political environment.
Entries for the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Awards for Planning Excellence in the English Regions for 2019 are open until 28 June.
UCL Press has announced the publication of a new free open access book likely to be of interest, ‘London’s Urban Landscape: Another Way of Telling’, edited by Christopher Tilley.
Figures reveal that South Ayrshire Council has more than exceeded its targets for bringing empty homes back into use. image: pbctoday
Victorian Society announces 2019 Conservation Award – which seeks to recognise the best work carried out to Victorian and Edwardian buildings in Birmingham and the West Midlands – are now open for nominations, and close on 31 December.
A house designed using algorithms and machines chose complex, organic-looking forms, which were stronger and more efficient than straight lines, so the BBC asks if all the houses of the future look like this?