Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 31/05/2019
Many more exciting events are taking place across the UK, including preparation for this year’s Annual School in Nottingham and next year’s in Brighton. This month’s features include: South Branch – ‘Clay Day’ at the Chiltern Open Air Museum, 7 … Continue reading
Download IHBC’s Code of Conduct: Updated design layout, but the same old high expectations and standards
The IHBC has reissued its core professional and practice standard, our Code of Conduct, in a new layout that better reflects our modern branding, while still keeping to the old, familiar – and respected – text, and its high standards … Continue reading
Join IHBC’s Consultations Panel: Your chance to keep up on conservation policy, legislation, guidance and much more, while building skills and CPD
IHBC members are invited to join the IHBC’s longstanding Consultations Panel, which offers the chance to offer your take on conservation practice, principles and standards into the IHBC’s conclusions on emerging policy, legislation and guidance, shaping the conservation outcomes of … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £690K+ costed opportunities this week: Warwick DC seeks team for SAM management plan, closing 24/06, value £30-45K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Warwick District Council … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Huge temporary roof installation at Wentworth Woodhouse, observes Chamber of Commerce
A major milestone has been reached in the restoration of South Yorkshire’s Grade I listed Wentworth Woodhouse, as reported by the Barnsley and Rotherham Chamber of Commerce, with 10,000 square metres of scaffolding encasing the stately home.
IHBC’s CPD boost from TCI: When public meetings go wrong…. they can make a bad situation so much worse
As the Consultation Institute (TCI) – which featured at the IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School, in the form of Quintin Oliver, Director, Chair & Founder – is asking for examples of public meetings, Perry Walker, founder of Talk Shop, suggests that sometimes we … Continue reading
In a package of planning reforms in England, permitted development rights to larger home extensions have been made permanent and business owners can, and shops can, change to offices without a full planning application. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
A case study of the use of compulsory purchase powers to acquire title to a listed building using direction for minimum compensation, at Roseangle in Dundee, is on offer from the Scottish Government.
Historic England (HE) has announced early career (Assistant level) apprenticeship openings for future historic environment conservation specialists, archaeologists and others at its offices across England.
The Church of England is taking extra precautions in light of the Notre Dame fire.
Crowdfunding has ‘huge, untapped potential’ for public sector infrastructure finance, a new study from the University of Leeds ‘Financing for Society’ has concluded.
Heritage Lincolnshire’s ‘Layers of History’ Summer School for 18-24 year olds – (VERY) Early career CPD… with bursaries, 28-30 June
Heritage Lincolnshire’s ‘Layers of History’ project is running a weekend summer school on 28-30 June, with places at £150 (including accommodation and meals) and bursaries available on application.
Historic Environment Scotland is promoting how visitors can be ‘citizen scientists’ at 20 of Scotland’s most evocative historic sites. as part of a new conservation project.