Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 28/05/2019
After more than a decade of exploration, interrogation, and debate, the IHBC has produced a discussion document on what form modern governance in the IHBC might take – drafted by IHBC Chair, and past Consultations Consultant, James Caird – the … Continue reading
The IHBC has submitted its response to the Historic England (HE) consultation on its draft Advice Note on Statements of Heritage Significance.
In Context 158 (on conservation in the Highlands and Islands and related issues), Heather Alcock offers an insight into how Local Listed Building Consent Orders (LLBCO’s) apply in Port Sunlight, offering a valuable chance to brush up your knowledge on … Continue reading
IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ from Designing Buildings Wiki and CIAT, on ‘Setting the Standard’, as viewed from the built environment sector
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the IHBC’s host platform for the Conservation Wiki, has featured an article from the CIAT by Keith Snook that sets practice standards for the built environment in context. image: DBW
Campaigners call on local government and landowners to protect the parks and green spaces they own: Only 6% ‘legally protected’!
The Fields in Trust says more than 2.5 million people in Britain do not have a park within 10 minutes walk of where they live, as its research shows less than 6% of parks and green spaces are legally protected and … Continue reading
Homeless people in Cardiff could be living in converted shipping containers by the end of the year.
The 2019 competition has been launched in reigning high street champion Crickhowell, and nominations are now open, with a winner to be named in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as there being an overall UK winner. image … Continue reading
A campaign has been launched to raise awareness of ‘heritage crime’ in Scotland and it follows a series of vandalism attacks on ancient monuments such as St Anthony’s chapel in Edinburgh.
New map of pipes and cables planned – the Underground Asset Register: ‘Designed to save lives and prevent major disruption’
Gov UK has reported that a digital map of underground pipes and cables is to be created, to help save lives and reduce the disruption caused when they are struck by mistake. image: UK Government Open Licence v3
Join Historic Environment Scotland (HES) for Scotland’s first ever heritage and history hackathon – where entrepreneurs, designers and technologists will spend 75 hours exploring Scotland’s heritage through data and technology. image: HES