Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 28/05/2019
After more than a decade of exploration, interrogation, and debate, the IHBC has produced a discussion document on what form modern governance in the IHBC might take – drafted by IHBC Chair, and past Consultations Consultant, James Caird – the … Continue reading
The IHBC has submitted its response to the Historic England (HE) consultation on its draft Advice Note on Statements of Heritage Significance.
In Context 158 (on conservation in the Highlands and Islands and related issues), Heather Alcock offers an insight into how Local Listed Building Consent Orders (LLBCO’s) apply in Port Sunlight, offering a valuable chance to brush up your knowledge on … Continue reading
IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ from Designing Buildings Wiki and CIAT, on ‘Setting the Standard’, as viewed from the built environment sector
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW), the IHBC’s host platform for the Conservation Wiki, has featured an article from the CIAT by Keith Snook that sets practice standards for the built environment in context. image: DBW
Campaigners call on local government and landowners to protect the parks and green spaces they own: Only 6% ‘legally protected’!
The Fields in Trust says more than 2.5 million people in Britain do not have a park within 10 minutes walk of where they live, as its research shows less than 6% of parks and green spaces are legally protected and … Continue reading
Homeless people in Cardiff could be living in converted shipping containers by the end of the year.
The 2019 competition has been launched in reigning high street champion Crickhowell, and nominations are now open, with a winner to be named in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, as well as there being an overall UK winner. image … Continue reading
A campaign has been launched to raise awareness of ‘heritage crime’ in Scotland and it follows a series of vandalism attacks on ancient monuments such as St Anthony’s chapel in Edinburgh.
New map of pipes and cables planned – the Underground Asset Register: ‘Designed to save lives and prevent major disruption’
Gov UK has reported that a digital map of underground pipes and cables is to be created, to help save lives and reduce the disruption caused when they are struck by mistake. image: UK Government Open Licence v3
Join Historic Environment Scotland (HES) for Scotland’s first ever heritage and history hackathon – where entrepreneurs, designers and technologists will spend 75 hours exploring Scotland’s heritage through data and technology. image: HES