Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 25/05/2019
PASSIONATE about conservation LOVE travel and seeing new and old places ENJOY working with people ZEST for learning and education BORED with regular commutes PREFER flexible working INHERENTLY self-motivated UNDERSTAND leadership NATURAL communicator, online and in person STRIVE for new … Continue reading
Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review now out, as senior posts range from CEO positions to section heads and, now, IHBC’s PD Officer!
Helping conservation careers and heritage employers across the UK, the IHBC updates readers about recent job and trainee openings on its ‘Jobs etc’ service – with this round alone ranging from a Cadw Historic Environment (HE) Head to a trust … Continue reading
New LA conservation jobs update for 2018! ‘IHBC Toolbox’ Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc.
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £26.4M+ costed opportunities this week: Rotherham seeks team for Swinton Town Centre Development, closing 21/06, value £20M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Rotherham MBC for … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hertford Quaker Meeting House a (surviving) world first, upgraded to ‘prestigious Grade I’!
The Hertfordshire Mercury has celebrated the fact that the Hertford Quaker Meeting House – which first opened in 1670 – has been upgraded to Grade 1 Listing based on the building’s exceptional historical significance, as ‘earliest surviving purpose-built Quaker meeting … Continue reading
Wales’ Minister for Housing and Local Government, Julie James, has announced that work has begun on the creation of a new separate, dedicated planning inspectorate for Wales.
Rebecca Pow, Member of Parliament for Taunton Deane, has been appointed as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), with her portfolio including the arts, heritage, museums, tourism and libraries. image: … Continue reading
Historic England (HE) is now inviting Expressions of Interest to our High Streets Heritage Action Zones scheme, with the deadline for applications at 12 noon on 12 July, with the ‘Expression of Interest… the only opportunity to apply and will … Continue reading
Dozens of locations across the country will benefit from a £62 million fund – ‘part of the government’s comprehensive plan for High Streets announced at last year’s Budget’ – which will ‘bring old buildings back into use and turn them … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland(HES) have issued a new designations application form.
The Building Research Establishment’s (BRE) BREEAM family of schemes supports and adds value to the activities of a range of stakeholders worldwide; for central government delivering on policy, for the market players actively committed to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and … Continue reading
I M Pei, the architect behind buildings including the glass pyramid outside the Louvre in Paris, has died aged 102.
The Ten Buildings project was created by the The Cockburn Association to foster a healthy debate on what truly defines Edinburgh’s history, as it asks ‘What are your ten buildings?’ image: Fiona Newton