Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 25/05/2019
PASSIONATE about conservation LOVE travel and seeing new and old places ENJOY working with people ZEST for learning and education BORED with regular commutes PREFER flexible working INHERENTLY self-motivated UNDERSTAND leadership NATURAL communicator, online and in person STRIVE for new … Continue reading
Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review now out, as senior posts range from CEO positions to section heads and, now, IHBC’s PD Officer!
Helping conservation careers and heritage employers across the UK, the IHBC updates readers about recent job and trainee openings on its ‘Jobs etc’ service – with this round alone ranging from a Cadw Historic Environment (HE) Head to a trust … Continue reading
New LA conservation jobs update for 2018! ‘IHBC Toolbox’ Research Note on ‘Market Intelligence’ from IHBC’s Jobs etc.
IHBC’s first Research Note for 2018 has been posted on our online Toolbox, offering our regular update of ‘Market Intelligence’ on England’s local authority (LA) conservation-related jobs from our ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ service.
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £26.4M+ costed opportunities this week: Rotherham seeks team for Swinton Town Centre Development, closing 21/06, value £20M
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Rotherham MBC for … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Hertford Quaker Meeting House a (surviving) world first, upgraded to ‘prestigious Grade I’!
The Hertfordshire Mercury has celebrated the fact that the Hertford Quaker Meeting House – which first opened in 1670 – has been upgraded to Grade 1 Listing based on the building’s exceptional historical significance, as ‘earliest surviving purpose-built Quaker meeting … Continue reading
Wales’ Minister for Housing and Local Government, Julie James, has announced that work has begun on the creation of a new separate, dedicated planning inspectorate for Wales.
Rebecca Pow, Member of Parliament for Taunton Deane, has been appointed as a Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), with her portfolio including the arts, heritage, museums, tourism and libraries. image: … Continue reading
Historic England (HE) is now inviting Expressions of Interest to our High Streets Heritage Action Zones scheme, with the deadline for applications at 12 noon on 12 July, with the ‘Expression of Interest… the only opportunity to apply and will … Continue reading
Dozens of locations across the country will benefit from a £62 million fund – ‘part of the government’s comprehensive plan for High Streets announced at last year’s Budget’ – which will ‘bring old buildings back into use and turn them … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland(HES) have issued a new designations application form.
The Building Research Establishment’s (BRE) BREEAM family of schemes supports and adds value to the activities of a range of stakeholders worldwide; for central government delivering on policy, for the market players actively committed to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and … Continue reading
I M Pei, the architect behind buildings including the glass pyramid outside the Louvre in Paris, has died aged 102.
The Ten Buildings project was created by the The Cockburn Association to foster a healthy debate on what truly defines Edinburgh’s history, as it asks ‘What are your ten buildings?’ image: Fiona Newton