Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 21/05/2019
Don’t forget: IHBC’s 2019 Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 July – Simply submit coursework (anything from history to design and beyond) for the chance of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School!
The IHBC’s annual Gus Astley Student Awards for 2019 closes on 31 July, so if you have relevant coursework from any UK taught course – under-graduate OR post-graduate, from 2018 OR 2019 – be sure to submit it online and … Continue reading
IHBC’s ToolBox SelfStarter update for ‘Volunteers and Careers’: New UK heritage careers guide from BEFS and Heritage Alliance
Professor Ian Baxter – BEFS Vice-Chair, Heritage Alliance trustee and IHBC Education Committee member – has compiled a new Heritage Career Guide that lists a range of useful places to check for vacancies in the heritage sector, and the resource … Continue reading
The Bedford Independent has reported on how Bedford Hospital’s application to remove over 20 historic nursery rhyme tiles has been rejected by Bedford Borough Council.
In a case study of the rethatching of a Hebridean blackhouse in Context 158, the IHBC Context’s ‘Highlands and islands’ issue, Matthew Withey invites readers to consider how investing in traditional materials helps support endangered craft skills, and develop insights … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight on heritage and risk: Notre Dame shows ‘the unifying force of culture, Grenfell the corruption of government’
Julian Vigo – ‘scholar, film-maker and human rights consultant’- explores in Counterpunch a personal take on how, in the aftermath of the fire at Notre Dame, people began to highlight the alleged hypocrisy surrounding how the Parisian cathedral’s fire was … Continue reading
Great Yarmouth council is to go ahead with a scheme to buy up dilapidated flats and bed sits and renovate them for sale or rent, as a report on the £2m scheme says it will be cost-neutral over 30 years … Continue reading
A Councillor is calling for the government to revoke a planning process which allows buildings to be demolished without public consultation.
The Philip Webb Award, an annual award from the SPAB for recent graduates and Part II students at UK Schools of Architecture is announced.
Plans to build homes on the graves of people buried at Wellow Baptist Church Isle of Wight, as recently as 2012 have been branded ‘appalling’ by their relatives.
Organisations can now apply for a share of £250,000 for projects that support developer decisions in the Scottish countryside, with the deadline for registration on midday on 19 June 2019. image: Fiona Newton
Competition ‘Call for Entries: Barjeel Museum for Modern Arab Art’, seeks designs ‘informed by local cultural heritage and environmental conditions’: Registration opens 1 June
The 3rd Rifat Chadirji Prize for Architecture by Tamayouz Excellence Award. has invited students, designers and architects worldwide to design an architectural and cultural landmark in the city of Sharjah in the UAE, that hosts the Barjeel collection which represents … Continue reading