Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on disaster recovery and the ‘Phoenix Case Study’: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 17/09/2019
- IHBC prompt: Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards – call for 2019 nominations open until 4 October 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (cultural) doorstep’: Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways to recapture former glories with Heritage Fund grant 17/09/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: The pleasures and perils of architectural research – from our Highlands and Islands issue 17/09/2019
- Reflecting on #IHBCNottingham2019: Fire engulfs Grade II-listed Horncliffe Mansion 17/09/2019
- Lawyers put 100 local authorities on notice over climate inaction 17/09/2019
- North Somerset Council serves Birnbeck Pier repairs notice 17/09/2019
- Manchester College launches new industry-sponsored Architectural and Construction Engineering Scholarship for 16-18 year olds 17/09/2019
- New petition to save Whitechapel Bell Foundry 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s free, first-timer ‘taster’ membership for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* 13/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too! 13/09/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, now including conservation threats and legislation: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.4M+ opportunities this week: Services for Birmingham Hippodrome sought, closing 04/10 13/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost: DBW on ‘Design and build: feasibility studies’ 13/09/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: THA’s September Heritage Chat on ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 13/09/2019
- European Heritage Awards 2020 – Last chance to vote: Closing 15 Sept 13/09/2019
- Reminder: Applications for Churchill Fellowships close 17 September 13/09/2019
- New Heritage Minister – Helen Whately MP 13/09/2019
- HES launches Caerlaverock Castle app: ‘Castle Quest 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s Twitter followers pass 10.5k… and why this is good news for everyone! 10/09/2019
- Don’t forget IHBC London’s 2019 conference: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond’ – Conserving Post-war Buildings & Places, 2 October 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Experts refuse to list Wolverton’s controversial Agora as an historic building 10/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost, on ‘planned preventative maintenance’ (PPM) and technology, from construction’s mainstream and via DBW 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Annotating and revealing the historic landscape – and reproducing it – from the Highlands and Islands 10/09/2019
- England’s councils accused of ‘restricting’ retail to residential conversions 10/09/2019
Daily Archives: 21/05/2019
Don’t forget: IHBC’s 2019 Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 July – Simply submit coursework (anything from history to design and beyond) for the chance of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School!
The IHBC’s annual Gus Astley Student Awards for 2019 closes on 31 July, so if you have relevant coursework from any UK taught course – under-graduate OR post-graduate, from 2018 OR 2019 – be sure to submit it online and … Continue reading
IHBC’s ToolBox SelfStarter update for ‘Volunteers and Careers’: New UK heritage careers guide from BEFS and Heritage Alliance
Professor Ian Baxter – BEFS Vice-Chair, Heritage Alliance trustee and IHBC Education Committee member – has compiled a new Heritage Career Guide that lists a range of useful places to check for vacancies in the heritage sector, and the resource … Continue reading
The Bedford Independent has reported on how Bedford Hospital’s application to remove over 20 historic nursery rhyme tiles has been rejected by Bedford Borough Council.
In a case study of the rethatching of a Hebridean blackhouse in Context 158, the IHBC Context’s ‘Highlands and islands’ issue, Matthew Withey invites readers to consider how investing in traditional materials helps support endangered craft skills, and develop insights … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight on heritage and risk: Notre Dame shows ‘the unifying force of culture, Grenfell the corruption of government’
Julian Vigo – ‘scholar, film-maker and human rights consultant’- explores in Counterpunch a personal take on how, in the aftermath of the fire at Notre Dame, people began to highlight the alleged hypocrisy surrounding how the Parisian cathedral’s fire was … Continue reading
Great Yarmouth council is to go ahead with a scheme to buy up dilapidated flats and bed sits and renovate them for sale or rent, as a report on the £2m scheme says it will be cost-neutral over 30 years … Continue reading
A Councillor is calling for the government to revoke a planning process which allows buildings to be demolished without public consultation.
The Philip Webb Award, an annual award from the SPAB for recent graduates and Part II students at UK Schools of Architecture is announced.
Plans to build homes on the graves of people buried at Wellow Baptist Church Isle of Wight, as recently as 2012 have been branded ‘appalling’ by their relatives.
Organisations can now apply for a share of £250,000 for projects that support developer decisions in the Scottish countryside, with the deadline for registration on midday on 19 June 2019. image: Fiona Newton
Competition ‘Call for Entries: Barjeel Museum for Modern Arab Art’, seeks designs ‘informed by local cultural heritage and environmental conditions’: Registration opens 1 June
The 3rd Rifat Chadirji Prize for Architecture by Tamayouz Excellence Award. has invited students, designers and architects worldwide to design an architectural and cultural landmark in the city of Sharjah in the UAE, that hosts the Barjeel collection which represents … Continue reading