Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 07/05/2019
The judges in the fourth year of the IHBC Marsh Awards – for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and Community Contribution (Retired Member) – have carefully assessed the submissions, and are delighted to confer the 2019 IHBC Marsh Awards as … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 ‘Nottingham School’: ‘Money is not the barrier’ to top notch CPD, as bursaries are still available!
Bursaries from the IHBC’s UK-wide allocation are still available for the 2019 Annual School in Nottingham on 4-6 July, themed on ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience – confronting conservation calamities’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: … Continue reading
The Planning Inspectorate (PINS) has recently upheld an enforcement notice concerning the installation of a door with ‘stained glass depictions of local landscapes’ in the Chapmanslord Conservation Area, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, despite an article 4 direction in place since 2017 removing … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Urban explorers seeking ‘arty pictures’ blamed for causing damage at South Derbyshire’s historic TG Green pottery factory
The Derby Telegraph has highlighted how urban explorers and trespassers have been criticised for causing damage to an historic South Derbyshire pottery, which is at risk of seeing some of its buildings being demolished.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Boston Spa residents win battle with Church of England over new homes
Leedslive has reported on a stand-off between Boston Spa residents and the Church of England, which has come to an end after Leeds City Council decision-makers voted against plans for a new housing development in the village.
Open doors to communities in need with the ‘Meanwhile Foundation’, as ‘landlords turn their empty shops into vibrant community hubs’…
Government says that towns across the country will benefit from a new scheme which will see landlords turn their empty shops into vibrant community hubs open to the public in a project partnership delivered by Meanwhile Foundation in partnership with … Continue reading
If you know of an important heritage that is endangered – such as a historic monument or archaeological site, a place of worship, an industrial complex, a historic park, a museum or a movable heritage asset – Europa Nostra is … Continue reading
As Debenhams has named 22 of the 50 stores it plans to close as part of a plan by new owners to revive the department store chain, the BBC reflects on what will – or might – happen to all … Continue reading
Esmée Fairbairn Foundation publishes report on value of ‘core funding’ for organisations, to offer supporting ‘ammunition’
The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation has published its report sharing its insights into core funding with the aim of giving others ‘the ammunition to continue to make the case’.
The Brick Development Association (BDA) has highlighted how the opportunity to compete at the industry’s highest level and be recognised by top-tier trade and national press makes it worth spending a few minutes on entry for the Brick Awards 2019.