Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Still time to apply for the role of IHBC’s new ‘Professional Development (PD) Officer – closes 8 July! 22/06/2019
- Going to (IHBC’s Nottingham) School? Check it out at #IHBCNottingham2019 22/06/2019
- IHBC update: Interested in the politics and presumptions around heritage change? See the chat from the floor on the Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s #IHBCNottingham2019, climate and ‘managed retreat’ in Wales, via CNN: ‘UK village considers the unfathomable: tearing itself down before nature does’. 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £700M+ costed opportunities this week: Renfrewshire Council seeks team for works in two areas in Paisley’s town centre, closing 15/07, valued £420K 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (business) doorstep’: Historic building that exported lace around the world restored to its former glory 22/06/2019
- Conservation cases update from Scotland’s Garden and Landscape Heritage: Loudon Castle to New Lanark and Aberdeen 22/06/2019
- Holy Spirits! The UK has more churches than pubs… 22/06/2019
- Scottish Government on new Planning Bill amendments, from BEFS 22/06/2019
- Ramboll report finds clients underestimate economic value of sustainability 22/06/2019
- ‘Backing the Bedrock’ – THA’s 2019 Fiscal Manifesto 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too! 19/06/2019
- Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide 19/06/2019
- NI’s Department for Communities contributes to AHF’s Heritage Impact Fund 19/06/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 19/06/2019
- New Heritage Partnership Agreement signed at King’s Cross Station 19/06/2019
- European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Winners announced 19/06/2019
- Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July 19/06/2019
- Clore Leadership: Bursaries for Emerging Heritage Leaders – Applications open 19/06/2019
- NCT: Enter your church building project for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards: Closing 1 July 19/06/2019
- Plastic road built on new housing development 19/06/2019
- IHBC congratulates Malcolm Airs on OBE appointment: Your institute’s past president, past chair, and much more 14/06/2019
Daily Archives: 07/05/2019
The judges in the fourth year of the IHBC Marsh Awards – for Successful Learning in Heritage Skills and Community Contribution (Retired Member) – have carefully assessed the submissions, and are delighted to confer the 2019 IHBC Marsh Awards as … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 ‘Nottingham School’: ‘Money is not the barrier’ to top notch CPD, as bursaries are still available!
Bursaries from the IHBC’s UK-wide allocation are still available for the 2019 Annual School in Nottingham on 4-6 July, themed on ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience – confronting conservation calamities’ and offering some of the best heritage learning and CPD around: … Continue reading
The Planning Inspectorate (PINS) has recently upheld an enforcement notice concerning the installation of a door with ‘stained glass depictions of local landscapes’ in the Chapmanslord Conservation Area, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, despite an article 4 direction in place since 2017 removing … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Urban explorers seeking ‘arty pictures’ blamed for causing damage at South Derbyshire’s historic TG Green pottery factory
The Derby Telegraph has highlighted how urban explorers and trespassers have been criticised for causing damage to an historic South Derbyshire pottery, which is at risk of seeing some of its buildings being demolished.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Boston Spa residents win battle with Church of England over new homes
Leedslive has reported on a stand-off between Boston Spa residents and the Church of England, which has come to an end after Leeds City Council decision-makers voted against plans for a new housing development in the village.
Open doors to communities in need with the ‘Meanwhile Foundation’, as ‘landlords turn their empty shops into vibrant community hubs’…
Government says that towns across the country will benefit from a new scheme which will see landlords turn their empty shops into vibrant community hubs open to the public in a project partnership delivered by Meanwhile Foundation in partnership with … Continue reading
If you know of an important heritage that is endangered – such as a historic monument or archaeological site, a place of worship, an industrial complex, a historic park, a museum or a movable heritage asset – Europa Nostra is … Continue reading
As Debenhams has named 22 of the 50 stores it plans to close as part of a plan by new owners to revive the department store chain, the BBC reflects on what will – or might – happen to all … Continue reading
Esmée Fairbairn Foundation publishes report on value of ‘core funding’ for organisations, to offer supporting ‘ammunition’
The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation has published its report sharing its insights into core funding with the aim of giving others ‘the ammunition to continue to make the case’.
The Brick Development Association (BDA) has highlighted how the opportunity to compete at the industry’s highest level and be recognised by top-tier trade and national press makes it worth spending a few minutes on entry for the Brick Awards 2019.