Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 03/05/2019
IHBC’s 2019 ‘Yearbook’ now out, introduced by Kate Mavor, English Heritage CEO: ‘Extending the reach of the IHBC and the 2019 School’
Some 6000 copies of the IHBC’s Yearbook for 2019 – introduced by Kate Mavor, Chief Executive of the English Heritage – are being distributed to members, stakeholders and sector leaders, with feature articles linked to the IHBC’s 2019 School theme … Continue reading
The IHBC has launched its new-format online events calendar for the sector, now with a sharper design and offering easier access to more detail, offering anyone the chance to ask for events to be posted, so open to all users, … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £935K+ costed work this week: BC seeks team for master planning etc. in King’s Lynn, closing 03/06, value £800k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – sends members weekly email ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from the Borough … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Neuk’: 180-year-old building to be demolished to make way for home with underground pool
Fife Today has reported on how a 180-year-old building in Fife is to be pulled down to make way for a modern home with underground swimming pool, in the face of objections from bodies that included the local East Neuk … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the bridge’s deck’: Hammersmith Bridge closed indefinitely after ‘critical faults’ discovered
Hammersmith Bridge has been closed indefinitely after safety checks revealed ‘critical faults’, The Evening Standard writes, as Hammersmith and Fulham Council claimed government budget cuts left Transport for London unable to complete urgent repairs on the crossing.
IHBC’s CPD boost out of Context: Study the Highlands and Islands, with an opportunity to reflect on your own heritage journey
As IHBC members, an appreciation of the diversity in building styles, materials and techniques across our working landscape helps us understand the technicalities of care and repair, and develop cultural sensitivities and a curiosity to find out more about shared … Continue reading
The Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE) has published its annual ‘State of Brownfield’ report, which shows there is enough suitable brownfield land available in England for more than 1 million homes across over 18,000 sites and over 26,000 hectares.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) is sharing its second Corporate Plan ‘Heritage For All’ as Alex Paterson, Chief Executive of HES, personally leads in its promotion.
At an Extraordinary General Meeting, held in Leeds on Friday, 26 April 2019, accredited members of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologist (CIfA) voted not to petition the Privy Council to introduction of a new Chartered Archaeologist grade of accredited member.
APPG for EBE launches new 7th Inquiry: ‘… recruitment and retention of more women into construction…’ submissions by14 May
The All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Excellence in the Built Environment (EBE) has announced its new Inquiry, which will look at how the recruitment and retention of more women into construction and how that might help to ameliorate the … Continue reading
BBC News has reported on how, across the world, destruction of cultural attractions causes a specific sort of communal grief.