Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 19/04/2019
Paris’ Notre-Dame Cathedral, one of Europe’s most celebrated religious buildings, was devastated by a fire Monday night, while its investigation, restoration and reinstatement undoubtedly will be a focus – and touchstone – of conservation philosophies for decades to come. image: … Continue reading
IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School Branch free 7 May pre-School evening update: ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions for protecting heritage…’
In advance of Nottingham hosting the IHBC’s 2019 Annual School on 4-6 July, the East Midlands Branch is offering a special free event in the city’s Urban Room, exploring ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions’ to protect heritage in the East Midlands, … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290K+ costed work: Royal Botanic Gardens Kew etc. seeks condition survey of Wakehurst Mansion, closing 25/04, value £65k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from the Royal Botanic … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Talks on future improvements of ‘vast woodland areas’ at Duff House, Banff
The Press and Journal has reported on talks being held to find the best way to improve Duff House Woodland Parkland, surrounding Duff House in Banff – once part of the estate, but sold off over the years – as … Continue reading
Roger Scruton has been taken off the government panel tasked with building public support for new homes – the ‘Building Better, Building Beautiful’ Commission – because of controversial comments on Islamophobia and antisemitism. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS), who represent officials running planning authorities across the country, has warned that the scale of new responsibilities to be introduced in the Planning Bill could break the back of an already under-resourced system.
HTN launches new partnership to support over 250 member organisations develop financial skills and knowledge
Heritage Trust Network (HTN) has announced its new partnership with Charity Finance Group (CFG), to help its 250+ members across the UK ‘demonstrate their impact and strengthen their strategic financial management’.
Historic England is seeking new members for various committees and panels, with skills sought to include architectural history, architectural preservation, historic property and estate management and stonework conservation, and various closing dates etc.
More than 300 local authorities across the country have bid for a share of the £675 million Future High Streets Fund to transform their local high streets. image: Fiona Newton
Historic England (HE) has launched new apprenticeships intended to meet the demand for skilled professionals around the country. image: HE website
Data firm Didobi has created a widely-welcomed, free and simple aide-memoire for Councils and stakeholders in towns that identifies and clearly defines best practice, methodologies and the key ingredient for ‘Creating Better Towns’.
Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) has welcomed the publication of the Scottish natural capital: Ecosystem Service Accounts, 2019.
Digital Construction Week (DCW) has issued a call for papers, offering the chance to present live on stage at DCW – on and share your experiences and expertise with the entire industry. If you have an innovative project or story … Continue reading
Call for ‘best practice’ etc. events for London’s Urban Tree Festival: 18-19 May – closing Easter Monday
The Museum of Walking is calling for events for the Urban Tree Festival, on 18-19 May, closing Easter Monday. image: Museum of Walking