Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 16/04/2019
IHBC offers sympathies to Paris – and Europe and beyond – on Notre Dame fire, as scale of damage continues under review
With the assessment of the scale of the fire damage to Notre Dame and its causes still ongoing, the IHBC offers its sympathies to the people of France, to Europe and to the world.
The IHBC has responded to a consultation on Historic England’s (HE) ‘Conserving Georgian and Victorian terraced housing: A guide to managing change’, welcoming the guidance but offering advice on what more could be included and how it could be improved. image: Joanna … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (union) doorstep’: Dudley council to undertake Unite’s pioneering construction charter
Dudley Council is to become the latest local council in the West Midlands to use its influence to support local construction workers by signing up to Unite’s construction charter, a pioneering agreement to ensure that working conditions and building standards … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (engineering) doorstep’: HE’s new guidance on piling reported to engineers
Ground Engineering News has updated readers on Historic England’s (HE) publication of its guidance on piling.
Sheffield councillors refused to make a decision on a planning application after finding out the public consultation hadn’t yet finished.
Big Ben’s famous clock face has been unveiled in its new blue colour following more than a year of restoration.
A Victorian ‘pool’ structure hidden within the fishpond of Ham Manor in Llantwit Major, Wales was discovered during a restoration of the gardens.
Research carried out on behalf of insurer Ecclesiastical shows that millions of young people never visit museums, galleries or theatres. image: News Ecclesiastical
£3.7 to fund 5 new garden towns will provide up to 64,000 much-needed homes across England. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Historic England (HE) is in consultation on an Advice Note on Statements of Significance, to help advise on ways to satisfy the requirement in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) for applicants for heritage-related consents to provide information on heritage … Continue reading
The Heritage Alliance (THA), the umbrella body for the heritage sector in England, has been awarded a two year resilient heritage grant from The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight on ‘Heritage and Access in C21’: Dame Caroline Spelman on making Parliament fit for the 21st century
Parliament’s Restoration and Renewal presents an ideal opportunity to improve disability access and provide essential educational facilities, Dame Caroline Spelman has argued. image: Open Government Licence v3.0