Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too! 19/06/2019
- Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide 19/06/2019
- NI’s Department for Communities contributes to AHF’s Heritage Impact Fund 19/06/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 19/06/2019
- New Heritage Partnership Agreement signed at King’s Cross Station 19/06/2019
- European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Winners announced 19/06/2019
- Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July 19/06/2019
- Clore Leadership: Bursaries for Emerging Heritage Leaders – Applications open 19/06/2019
- NCT: Enter your church building project for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards: Closing 1 July 19/06/2019
- Plastic road built on new housing development 19/06/2019
- IHBC congratulates Malcolm Airs on OBE appointment: Your institute’s past president, past chair, and much more 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s Green panel convenor highlights new consultation on Private Rented Sector regulations for England and Wales 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘HESPR’ pick from £1.4M+ costed opportunities this week: Anglesey Column Trust (ACT) seeks service provider for Marquess of Anglesey’s Column, closing 3/07, value £800K 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (2019 School) doorstep’: Dramatic pictures show huge structure lifted onto roof of Nottingham’s ‘most secret’ building 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Vic Soc’s Yorkshire) doorstep’: Society ‘deeply concerned’ by review of Sheffield’s 38 conservation areas 14/06/2019
- Manchester tops land use table to develop over a third of its green belt 14/06/2019
- Wales’ Local Planning Authorities lack resilience to deliver long-term improvements, says Auditor General 14/06/2019
- Government accused of trying to ‘rig’ public consultation on Westminster Holocaust Memorial plans 14/06/2019
- NCT urges churches to participate in High Streets HAZs scheme 14/06/2019
- Homeowners spent £12,374 on home improvements in 2018, says Sainsbury’s Bank 14/06/2019
- ‘Permitted development’ undermines local planning, council chiefs say 14/06/2019
- Victorian Society kick starts ‘Top 10 Most Endangered Buildings Campaign’, for England and Wales 14/06/2019
Daily Archives: 09/04/2019
Reminder: Book now for low-cost ‘early-bird’ IHBC School rates at Nottingham 2019 ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience’
Booking now for the 2019 IHBC Annual School – in Nottingham on 4-6 July, on ’Heritage, Risk & Resilience: Confronting conservation calamities’, BUT ‘early bird’ low cost rates close on 20 April.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Planning approval for restoration of historic border bridge, writes The Berwick Advertiser
Plans to ‘take apart and rebuild’ a historic bridge linking England and Scotland have been approved by Northumberland County Council and its Scottish counterpart, in a plan celebrated by The Berwick Advertiser.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Celebrating c. £0.5 Billion investment in the pipeline for Sunderland city centre
The North East Times has reported on a transformational plan to breathe new life into Sunderland City Centre, which could attract investment of close to half a billion pounds by 2030!
A £3.9 million grant to complete the transformation of Hull Minster into a hub for the city has been announced today following funding from Highways England. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.25 million to develop new ways to monitor environmental conditions in the home. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
SAVE Britain’s Heritage expresses grave concern at the government’s response to our successful case at the Court of Appeal on ministers’ refusal to give reasons for call-in decisions. This includes highly controversial developments like the Paddington Cube in central London. … Continue reading
A £4.4 million funding boost for regeneration projects in Scotland’s historic heartlands was announced today by Historic Environment Scotland. image: HES website
The House of Commons Library has issued a new Briefing Note that examines how construction work for churches is treated for VAT in the UK; proposals for reform in this area, and the changes made in Budget 2012, removing the … Continue reading
The third annual report for Our Place in Time has been issued, covering the period to March 2018, and exploring how ‘colleagues from across the sector and beyond are helping to raise the profile of the historic environment across Scotland.
The summary report has been issued on the Leicester University-hosted Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) workshop on ‘on Re-use and continued use of historic buildings, urban centres and landscapes’ and the long-term strategy of the Joint Programming Initiative on … Continue reading
Cumbernauld’s last two tower blocks are being reduced to rubble, making space for more than 130 new homes, Scottish Housing News has reported.
The year 2019 marks a milestone in the life of the Victorian Society as its handsome headquarters building in Priory Gardens, Bedford Park, West London, is to be thoroughly overhauled and renovated, and the Society seeks funds to support the … Continue reading
Rural pubs in England are to receive £188,000 to deliver additional services, including Post Office facilities, shops and libraries. image: Open Government Licence v3.0