Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too! 19/06/2019
- Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide 19/06/2019
- NI’s Department for Communities contributes to AHF’s Heritage Impact Fund 19/06/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 19/06/2019
- New Heritage Partnership Agreement signed at King’s Cross Station 19/06/2019
- European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Winners announced 19/06/2019
- Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July 19/06/2019
- Clore Leadership: Bursaries for Emerging Heritage Leaders – Applications open 19/06/2019
- NCT: Enter your church building project for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards: Closing 1 July 19/06/2019
- Plastic road built on new housing development 19/06/2019
- IHBC congratulates Malcolm Airs on OBE appointment: Your institute’s past president, past chair, and much more 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s Green panel convenor highlights new consultation on Private Rented Sector regulations for England and Wales 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘HESPR’ pick from £1.4M+ costed opportunities this week: Anglesey Column Trust (ACT) seeks service provider for Marquess of Anglesey’s Column, closing 3/07, value £800K 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (2019 School) doorstep’: Dramatic pictures show huge structure lifted onto roof of Nottingham’s ‘most secret’ building 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Vic Soc’s Yorkshire) doorstep’: Society ‘deeply concerned’ by review of Sheffield’s 38 conservation areas 14/06/2019
- Manchester tops land use table to develop over a third of its green belt 14/06/2019
- Wales’ Local Planning Authorities lack resilience to deliver long-term improvements, says Auditor General 14/06/2019
- Government accused of trying to ‘rig’ public consultation on Westminster Holocaust Memorial plans 14/06/2019
- NCT urges churches to participate in High Streets HAZs scheme 14/06/2019
- Homeowners spent £12,374 on home improvements in 2018, says Sainsbury’s Bank 14/06/2019
- ‘Permitted development’ undermines local planning, council chiefs say 14/06/2019
- Victorian Society kick starts ‘Top 10 Most Endangered Buildings Campaign’, for England and Wales 14/06/2019
Daily Archives: 05/04/2019
‘C+ MATE’ – Closing time is coming! Booking ends soon for your FREE IHBC MATE Council+ place on May 2, London:
‘The best way to add value to your practice and CPD, with new networks, learning and insights too – all for free, for you, from the IHBC!’
The next IHBC Council+ will be on 2 May in central London, and offer a unique opportunity to get involved in the IHBC and shape the our accreditation training, support and guidance, all while informing the work of your professional body, … Continue reading
DON’T FORGET: IHBC’s coming to the Natural Stone Show 2019, naturally – Offering delegates HESPR, Conservation Wiki and more: Excel, 30/4-2/5 – with exhibitor list now live!
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area from 30 April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us as well as access all the other free IHBC-recognised CPD on offer, including … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £450k+ costed work this week: Swansea Council seeks evaluation of refurb of G II Listed Powerhouse building etc., closing 19/04, no value stated
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Swansea Council which … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Owners of Weston’s dilapidated GII* Birnbeck Pier receive repairs notice
Bristol Live has reported on how a repairs notice has been served on the owners by the local council after ‘exhausting’ all other options on the Grade II* (GII*) listed Birnbeck pier, Weston-super-Mare.
Sutherland’s Drochaid a’ Chaolais Chumhaing / Kylesku Bridge has been listed as a Category A structure, with the bridge the first to be legally named in Gaelic, all progress celebrated by Historic Environment Scotland (HES). image: HES website
The proposed Tulip skyscraper got the planning ‘green light’, with the Standard offering its own take on issues in advance of the decision.
Councils across England will receive an immediate cash boost from a £9.75 million fund established by Government to back their efforts in cleaning up high streets and town centres. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Historic Environment Scotland has published a new Historic Environment Policy for Scotland to help guide and inform decision-makers such as local authorities and ‘asset’ owners.
The awards and medals of Sir Nikolaus Pevsner, a founding member of the Victorian Society, will be available for purchase at auction at Spink London on 10-11 April. image: By Unknown(Life time: na) – Original publication: PhotographImmediate source: http://blogs.forward.com/the-arty-semite/128311/nikolaus-pevsner-the-herr-professor-doktor-of-bri/, … Continue reading
A Skills Investment Plan (SIP) for Scotland’s Historic Environment Sector has been published by Historic Environment Scotland (HES) and Skills Development Scotland (SDS).
London’s City Hall launches ‘cultural map’ of the capital includes LBs, LGBT+ venues, legal street art walls and much more
London’s City Hall has launched a new interactive cultural map of the capital, helping protect and support London’s venues, sites and sights, and includes Listed Buildings (LBs), LGBT+ night time venues, legal street art walls and much more.
James Brokenshire has issued a written ministerial statement addressing his power to ‘call-in’ and make decisions on planning applications, announcing that he will no longer give reasons for calling in, or declining to call in, planning applications. image: Open Government Licence … Continue reading
Bristol City Council halts south Bristol removals amid suspicions lamps were going to leafy Clifton. image: Street Light by Fiona Newton