Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School recap ‘in camera’ (and look ahead to Brighton 2020 and #IHBCBrighton2020): Catch 2020 School Spotlight preview on video, with IHBC SE Branch Chair 19/07/2019
- IHBC’s update on the politics and presumptions around heritage change and conservation: The Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill 19/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 July: Last chance approaches… so submit heritage/HE/development coursework for possible £500 cash and free Brighton 2020 School 19/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £8.5M+ costed opportunities this week: Asset & Property Income Generation Strategy for Port Sunlight sought, closing 23/07, valued £30K 19/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Green light for 60 caravans near GII* listed Suffolk church due to coastal erosion threats 19/07/2019
- Theatres Trust welcomes Theatr Clwyd listing by Cadw at Grade II 19/07/2019
- Jodrell Bank added to UNESCO World Heritage List 19/07/2019
- New sentencing guidelines mean courts to take account of ‘full impact’ of crime… 19/07/2019
- Deadline approaching – BEFS invitation to promote projects etc. as best practice case studies for OPIT – closing 26 July 19/07/2019
- MHCLG issues rallying call to action for historic counties celebrations: including 23 July! 19/07/2019
- Britain’s oldest building firm, R Durtnell and Sons, collapses 19/07/2019
- Last chance: British Council & Heritage Alliance Travel Grant Scheme – 2nd round open till 22 July 19/07/2019
- RIBA announces National Award winners, with more than one third ‘creatively adapted existing buildings’ 19/07/2019
- End of the line for pacer trains as communities to be asked for ideas on ‘renovation and reuse’ 19/07/2019
- IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video! 16/07/2019
- BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plan to protect Plymouth’s post-war buildings from developers 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council 16/07/2019
- IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Invitation to Tender for construction contracts 16/07/2019
- MJ Achievement Awards names Waltham Forest Local Authority of the Year 2019 16/07/2019
- HES online survey of ‘Our Place in Time’ (OPIT): Closes 2 August 16/07/2019
- CIC appoints Stephen Hodder MBE as its new Chair 16/07/2019
- New partnership for Orkney’s World Heritage Site 16/07/2019
- NLA awards 2019 include Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery for Conservation & Retrofit 16/07/2019
- Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings 16/07/2019
Daily Archives: 08/03/2019
IHBC’s 2019 Day School update with ‘Flying Archaeologist’ Ben Robinson on ‘Heritage at Risk’ and Essex Police Advisor Stephen Armson Smith on ‘Terrorism’
The IHBC has announced the next round of speakers for the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, in Nottingham on 5 July, as it offers challenging takes on both heritage at risk and terrorism.
DON’T FORGET: IHBC’s coming to the Natural Stone Show 2019, naturally, on HESPR, Conservation Wiki and more: Excel, 30/4-2/5 – with exhibitor list now live!
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area from 30 April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us as well as access all the other free IHBC-recognised CPD on offer, including … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2.3M+ costed work this week: EHT seeks consultant on governance structure etc. for Berwick Barracks, closing 21/03, no value stated
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from English Heritage Trust … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Councillors defy officer recommendation and approve Margate seafront hotel
The Isle of Thanet News has reported that controversial plans to build a 124 bed hotel on Margate seafront have been approved by Thanet council notwithstanding planning officer’s recommendations for refusal.
A building’s performance (or efficiency) is a measure of how well it functions in relation to designated criteria such as physical, social or environmental considerations, writes Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – as … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has been leading on ‘Prioritisation’ work for the built and historic environment since Autumn 2018, to inform the work on the Built Heritage Investment Plan taking place within Historic Environment Scotland and the OPiT Built … Continue reading
Local councils have spent more than £800m on the purchase of UK shopping centres over the last three years.
Four new commissioners have been appointed to the government’s Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
A new deal means Glasgow City Council can begin paying back thousands of underpaid workers by selling off some of its most iconic buildings and venues to a council-run body and leasing them back to help pay for an equal … Continue reading
Power to Change has announced a new £3.2m Community Business Bright Ideas Fund to offer tailored support and grants of up to £15,000 to 150 groups to develop their projects.
The government launched a £1.6 billion fund 4 March 2019 to boost growth and give communities a greater say in their future after Brexit. image: Fiona Newton
In March 2019 PAS is carrying out a short survey of planning departments on behalf of MHCLG and the LGA.