Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC is at the 2019 Natural Stone Show, naturally – offering delegates news on IHBC’s HESPR, Conservation Wiki and much more: Excel, 30/4 to 2/5 – with more updates now out! 23/04/2019
- IHBC trustee and Technical Panel lead Prof John Edwards explores with CIOB how ‘Conservation is driving quality in construction’, for its annual ‘conservation etc.’ conference, 30 April, London 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (School) doorstep’: Edinburgh pupils to be taught construction skills to boost recruitment 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD Boost on ‘Adversarial behaviour in the UK construction industry’, from DBW 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ Boost: Original Bauhaus Books and Journals free to download! 23/04/2019
- Prince Charles, after Hillsborough’s ‘facelift’: Future of built heritage could be endangered by traditional skills shortage 23/04/2019
- Another historic building hit by fire: Major fire in the former Church of St John the Evangelist, Blackburn 23/04/2019
- Construction opportunities offered to 20 career-changing women 23/04/2019
- Place Alliance’s Big Meet 9 sees launch of ‘Place Value and the Ladder of Place Quality’ and seeks feedback on success to date 23/04/2019
- EH: Bob Marley named among new blue plaque recipients for 2019 23/04/2019
- WMF awarded grant for skills training project in Yemen 23/04/2019
- The Iron Bridge reopens to the public following £3.6 Million Project 23/04/2019
- CYARK: Building digital capacity in Rapa Nui 23/04/2019
- IHBC Nottingham 2019 – ‘Perspectives to take to School’: Notre Dame, the story so far… 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School Branch free 7 May pre-School evening update: ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions for protecting heritage…’ 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290K+ costed work: Royal Botanic Gardens Kew etc. seeks condition survey of Wakehurst Mansion, closing 25/04, value £65k 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Talks on future improvements of ‘vast woodland areas’ at Duff House, Banff 19/04/2019
- Comments get Scruton sacked from Building Beautiful commission 19/04/2019
- Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS): ‘Planning Bill Could Break the System’ 19/04/2019
- HTN launches new partnership to support over 250 member organisations develop financial skills and knowledge 19/04/2019
- Historic England seeks Committee and Panel members and advisers etc., various closing dates 19/04/2019
- Communities bid to make their high streets fit for the future 19/04/2019
- Historic England launches new heritage apprenticeships 19/04/2019
- ‘Creating better towns’: A free aide-memoire published 19/04/2019
- Scottish natural capital accounts welcomed by SNH 19/04/2019
Daily Archives: 08/03/2019
IHBC’s 2019 Day School update with ‘Flying Archaeologist’ Ben Robinson on ‘Heritage at Risk’ and Essex Police Advisor Stephen Armson Smith on ‘Terrorism’
The IHBC has announced the next round of speakers for the 2019 Day School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, in Nottingham on 5 July, as it offers challenging takes on both heritage at risk and terrorism.
DON’T FORGET: IHBC’s coming to the Natural Stone Show 2019, naturally, on HESPR, Conservation Wiki and more: Excel, 30/4-2/5 – with exhibitor list now live!
The IHBC will host its regular stand at the Natural Stone Show’s Conservation Area from 30 April, in London’s ExCel, so please be sure to visit us as well as access all the other free IHBC-recognised CPD on offer, including … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2.3M+ costed work this week: EHT seeks consultant on governance structure etc. for Berwick Barracks, closing 21/03, no value stated
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from English Heritage Trust … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Councillors defy officer recommendation and approve Margate seafront hotel
The Isle of Thanet News has reported that controversial plans to build a 124 bed hotel on Margate seafront have been approved by Thanet council notwithstanding planning officer’s recommendations for refusal.
A building’s performance (or efficiency) is a measure of how well it functions in relation to designated criteria such as physical, social or environmental considerations, writes Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host platform for the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – as … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has been leading on ‘Prioritisation’ work for the built and historic environment since Autumn 2018, to inform the work on the Built Heritage Investment Plan taking place within Historic Environment Scotland and the OPiT Built … Continue reading
Local councils have spent more than £800m on the purchase of UK shopping centres over the last three years.
Four new commissioners have been appointed to the government’s Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
A new deal means Glasgow City Council can begin paying back thousands of underpaid workers by selling off some of its most iconic buildings and venues to a council-run body and leasing them back to help pay for an equal … Continue reading
Power to Change has announced a new £3.2m Community Business Bright Ideas Fund to offer tailored support and grants of up to £15,000 to 150 groups to develop their projects.
The government launched a £1.6 billion fund 4 March 2019 to boost growth and give communities a greater say in their future after Brexit. image: Fiona Newton
In March 2019 PAS is carrying out a short survey of planning departments on behalf of MHCLG and the LGA.