Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC is at the 2019 Natural Stone Show, naturally – offering delegates news on IHBC’s HESPR, Conservation Wiki and much more: Excel, 30/4 to 2/5 – with more updates now out! 23/04/2019
- IHBC trustee and Technical Panel lead Prof John Edwards explores with CIOB how ‘Conservation is driving quality in construction’, for its annual ‘conservation etc.’ conference, 30 April, London 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (School) doorstep’: Edinburgh pupils to be taught construction skills to boost recruitment 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD Boost on ‘Adversarial behaviour in the UK construction industry’, from DBW 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ Boost: Original Bauhaus Books and Journals free to download! 23/04/2019
- Prince Charles, after Hillsborough’s ‘facelift’: Future of built heritage could be endangered by traditional skills shortage 23/04/2019
- Another historic building hit by fire: Major fire in the former Church of St John the Evangelist, Blackburn 23/04/2019
- Construction opportunities offered to 20 career-changing women 23/04/2019
- Place Alliance’s Big Meet 9 sees launch of ‘Place Value and the Ladder of Place Quality’ and seeks feedback on success to date 23/04/2019
- EH: Bob Marley named among new blue plaque recipients for 2019 23/04/2019
- WMF awarded grant for skills training project in Yemen 23/04/2019
- The Iron Bridge reopens to the public following £3.6 Million Project 23/04/2019
- CYARK: Building digital capacity in Rapa Nui 23/04/2019
- IHBC Nottingham 2019 – ‘Perspectives to take to School’: Notre Dame, the story so far… 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School Branch free 7 May pre-School evening update: ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions for protecting heritage…’ 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290K+ costed work: Royal Botanic Gardens Kew etc. seeks condition survey of Wakehurst Mansion, closing 25/04, value £65k 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Talks on future improvements of ‘vast woodland areas’ at Duff House, Banff 19/04/2019
- Comments get Scruton sacked from Building Beautiful commission 19/04/2019
- Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS): ‘Planning Bill Could Break the System’ 19/04/2019
- HTN launches new partnership to support over 250 member organisations develop financial skills and knowledge 19/04/2019
- Historic England seeks Committee and Panel members and advisers etc., various closing dates 19/04/2019
- Communities bid to make their high streets fit for the future 19/04/2019
- Historic England launches new heritage apprenticeships 19/04/2019
- ‘Creating better towns’: A free aide-memoire published 19/04/2019
- Scottish natural capital accounts welcomed by SNH 19/04/2019
Daily Archives: 01/03/2019
Booking opens for IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School
Book now for low-cost ‘early-bird’ prices
Explore the IHBC on ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’
Booking is now open for the 2019 IHBC Annual School – in Nottingham on 4-6 July, on ’Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’, with early bird low cost fees available until 20 April. image: from the collection of Nottingham … Continue reading
Conservation employer ‘Trailblazer’ apprenticeship consultation closes 22 March: IHBC Chair urges conservation employers and businesses to respond, including on ‘single’ or ‘core and option’ alternatives
England’s Trailblazer apprenticeship sector consultation for the Level 7 Historic Environment Advisor (professional) is open until 22 March, and the IHBC Chair James Caird has called on employers – especially IHBC HESPR members that understand the special skills that distinguish conservation … Continue reading
IHBC nominations to ‘Community Contribution (Retired member)’ Marsh Award: Closing date extended to 29 March
IHBC Branches have more time to celebrate retired members who volunteer their time and skills, with nominations for IHBC’s Marsh Award for ‘Community Contribution (Retired member)’, now open until 29 March!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £674K costed work this week: Design Team sought for HLF project to save ‘last major bellfoundry in Britain’, closing 03/04, value £674K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call for a Design Team … Continue reading
IHBC centenary ‘CPD Boost’: Free documentary film marking Bauhaus School’s 100 years – ‘Bauhaus World’
In the centenary year of the founding of the Bauhaus, members can find out more with Bauhaus World, a free documentary celebrating the 100th anniversary of Germany’s legendary art, architecture & design school, accessible on Open Culture.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Road safety measures on Saltaire street ‘blocked’ by Historic England
The Telegraph and Argus has reported on how Historic England (HE) has objected to proposals to introduce traffic calming measures on a local street in Saltaire – meaning Bradford Council will now have to go back to the drawing board.
AHF launches Heritage Impact fun (HIF): New £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF), the specialist lender to the UK’s heritage projects, has launched a new £7m social investment fund to enable organisations to deliver economic and social impact from the re-use of the UK’s heritage buildings.
The latest issue (11) of Historic England Research digital magazine, is now out, exploring ‘wellbeing’ among other current topics.
Two landmark Portsmouth tower blocks are set to be demolished after work to strengthen them was estimated to cost £86m.
English Heritage, has received a private donation of £2.5m towards a new bridge at ‘one of the most spectacular historic sites in Britain’, Tintagel Castle, Cornwall. image EH YouTube