Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 12/02/2019
IHBC members’ services ‘Checkup alert!’: Simple ways to be sure your IHBC NewsBlog email alerts read correctly, and keep up with our latest news, jobs and more!
Be sure you are making the most of the IHBC’s services by checking your digital setting – and take advantage of our 30k+ page website, Conservation Wiki, HESPR business listing, IHBC Jobs etc and our IHBC NewsBlogs for all your … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Save Parlington Campaigners celebrate Leeds CC’s green belt U-turn over Site Allocation Plan
The Yorkshire Evening Post has explored how campaigners claimed a ‘victory for people power’ after a U-turn by Leeds City Council (CC) over controversial plans to build thousands of homes on their leafy estate, as the Council turned its back … Continue reading
The third session of the IHBC Annual School in Belfast looked at successful projects where heritage-led transformation had played a part in ensuring that heritage was at the heart of the project values, so why not take some time to … Continue reading
IHBC members can check out the suite of free downloadable publications from the SPAB aimed at giving practical help on a variety of common building repair issues.
IHBC’s ‘IMHO signpost’: ‘Fake views’ from the Guardian, which sees lessons in the V&A’s Cast Court restoration
The V&A’s restoration of its masterly collection of replicas of great European works of art – from Trajan’s Column to Michelangelo’s David – is a timely reminder of the Victorians’ cultural Europhilia, The Guardian has argued.
Bath Preservation Trust (BPT) has launched a crowdfunding campaign to establish a ‘legal fighting fund’ to enable it challenge poor or irrational planning decisions in Bath as and when they occur.
The Scottish Government has published an analysis report on the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
England’s council spending on cultural resources slashed by £400m over 8 years: County Councils Network
Council spending on cultural resources such as museums, libraries, and the arts has been reduced by almost £400m over the last eight years of austerity, new research by the County Councils Network (CCN) has revealed.
Ashford Borough Council’s Cabinet has approved the introduction of an undergraduate work placement and bursary scheme.
Strategic framework for heritage science in the UK 2018-2023 launched at event at the Tower of London
Following a year of consultation and development by the National Heritage Science Forum (NHSF), a new strategic framework for heritage science in the UK UK 2018 – 2023 was launched at an event at the Tower of London in 2018.
In 1980, a group of preservationists won permission to renovate the lighthouse and take over its maintenance, while the local inn now pays for the upkeep of the lighthouse and other structures, and recently the current operators, Che Rodgers and … Continue reading
The BBC has highlighted how more than 100 years ago acoustic mirrors along the coast of England were built with the intention of using them to detect the sound of approaching German zeppelins, while their development continued until the mid-1930s … Continue reading