Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s ‘Sample a weekly HESPR alert’ opportunity! And see how IHBC can work for you at the ‘quality end of… commercial conservation’ 19/03/2019
- IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton 19/03/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 open until 31 July – Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School… simply submit coursework online! 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the civic doorstep’; as Civic Voice raises the question: Is what is happening here happening everywhere? 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Railway Line’: Long-closed Otterington Station Grade II listed 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘Ethical Marketing’ doorstep’: AHF’s new £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings 19/03/2019
- CIfA and FAME celebrate ‘More archaeologists employed than ever before’ – as 2018 Archaeological Market Survey now available 19/03/2019
- Another record-breaking year for Scottish heritage sites 19/03/2019
- NHTG receives funding from B&CE Charitable Trust 19/03/2019
- New flagship fund for nature in Scotland launched 19/03/2019
- How to explore a secret part of London’s underground history 19/03/2019
- Old photos show Katrine aqueduct being built 19/03/2019
- IHBC launches new Toolbox ‘Advice Note on the Curtilage Rule’, on listed farmhouses and associated farm buildings 16/03/2019
- Ecclesiastical issues its Heritage Sector insights: More context for the IHBC’s 2019 School 16/03/2019
- IHBC encourages input to RTPI Corporate Strategy review, closing 17 March 16/03/2019
- IHBC reminder to employers: ‘Trailblazer’ apprenticeship consultation closes 22 March – IHBC Chair urges responses, including on ‘single’ or ‘core and option’ alternatives 16/03/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £28.3M+ costed work this week: Coventry CC seeks Project Manager for London Road Cemetery, closing 19/03, £40k-£75k 16/03/2019
- RTPI says ‘Au revoir’ to planning in the public interest… Hello ‘Austerity Planner’ 16/03/2019
- South West Wales to benefit from £27m funding boost 16/03/2019
- Heritage sector generated over £4bn for Scotland’s economy in 2017-18 16/03/2019
- Revealed: The thousands of public spaces lost to the council funding crisis 16/03/2019
- Parliamentary Committee announces inquiry into Local Government finance: Submissions closing 17 April 16/03/2019
- Man sentenced after church lead thefts spanning four counties 16/03/2019
- Buxton bid to £675m Future High Streets Fund in move to boost town centre 16/03/2019
- Futures of The Barrow Boys and Hull’s Banksy decided by Hull City Council’s planning committee 16/03/2019
Daily Archives: 12/02/2019
IHBC members’ services ‘Checkup alert!’: Simple ways to be sure your IHBC NewsBlog email alerts read correctly, and keep up with our latest news, jobs and more!
Be sure you are making the most of the IHBC’s services by checking your digital setting – and take advantage of our 30k+ page website, Conservation Wiki, HESPR business listing, IHBC Jobs etc and our IHBC NewsBlogs for all your … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Save Parlington Campaigners celebrate Leeds CC’s green belt U-turn over Site Allocation Plan
The Yorkshire Evening Post has explored how campaigners claimed a ‘victory for people power’ after a U-turn by Leeds City Council (CC) over controversial plans to build thousands of homes on their leafy estate, as the Council turned its back … Continue reading
The third session of the IHBC Annual School in Belfast looked at successful projects where heritage-led transformation had played a part in ensuring that heritage was at the heart of the project values, so why not take some time to … Continue reading
IHBC members can check out the suite of free downloadable publications from the SPAB aimed at giving practical help on a variety of common building repair issues.
IHBC’s ‘IMHO signpost’: ‘Fake views’ from the Guardian, which sees lessons in the V&A’s Cast Court restoration
The V&A’s restoration of its masterly collection of replicas of great European works of art – from Trajan’s Column to Michelangelo’s David – is a timely reminder of the Victorians’ cultural Europhilia, The Guardian has argued.
Bath Preservation Trust (BPT) has launched a crowdfunding campaign to establish a ‘legal fighting fund’ to enable it challenge poor or irrational planning decisions in Bath as and when they occur.
The Scottish Government has published an analysis report on the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
England’s council spending on cultural resources slashed by £400m over 8 years: County Councils Network
Council spending on cultural resources such as museums, libraries, and the arts has been reduced by almost £400m over the last eight years of austerity, new research by the County Councils Network (CCN) has revealed.
Ashford Borough Council’s Cabinet has approved the introduction of an undergraduate work placement and bursary scheme.
Strategic framework for heritage science in the UK 2018-2023 launched at event at the Tower of London
Following a year of consultation and development by the National Heritage Science Forum (NHSF), a new strategic framework for heritage science in the UK UK 2018 – 2023 was launched at an event at the Tower of London in 2018.
In 1980, a group of preservationists won permission to renovate the lighthouse and take over its maintenance, while the local inn now pays for the upkeep of the lighthouse and other structures, and recently the current operators, Che Rodgers and … Continue reading
The BBC has highlighted how more than 100 years ago acoustic mirrors along the coast of England were built with the intention of using them to detect the sound of approaching German zeppelins, while their development continued until the mid-1930s … Continue reading