Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Still time to apply for the role of IHBC’s new ‘Professional Development (PD) Officer – closes 8 July! 22/06/2019
- Going to (IHBC’s Nottingham) School? Check it out at #IHBCNottingham2019 22/06/2019
- IHBC update: Interested in the politics and presumptions around heritage change? See the chat from the floor on the Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s #IHBCNottingham2019, climate and ‘managed retreat’ in Wales, via CNN: ‘UK village considers the unfathomable: tearing itself down before nature does’. 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £700M+ costed opportunities this week: Renfrewshire Council seeks team for works in two areas in Paisley’s town centre, closing 15/07, valued £420K 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (business) doorstep’: Historic building that exported lace around the world restored to its former glory 22/06/2019
- Conservation cases update from Scotland’s Garden and Landscape Heritage: Loudon Castle to New Lanark and Aberdeen 22/06/2019
- Holy Spirits! The UK has more churches than pubs… 22/06/2019
- Scottish Government on new Planning Bill amendments, from BEFS 22/06/2019
- Ramboll report finds clients underestimate economic value of sustainability 22/06/2019
- ‘Backing the Bedrock’ – THA’s 2019 Fiscal Manifesto 22/06/2019
- IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too! 19/06/2019
- Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide 19/06/2019
- NI’s Department for Communities contributes to AHF’s Heritage Impact Fund 19/06/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 19/06/2019
- New Heritage Partnership Agreement signed at King’s Cross Station 19/06/2019
- European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Winners announced 19/06/2019
- Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July 19/06/2019
- Clore Leadership: Bursaries for Emerging Heritage Leaders – Applications open 19/06/2019
- NCT: Enter your church building project for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards: Closing 1 July 19/06/2019
- Plastic road built on new housing development 19/06/2019
- IHBC congratulates Malcolm Airs on OBE appointment: Your institute’s past president, past chair, and much more 14/06/2019
Daily Archives: 11/01/2019
IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah
The IHBC has welcomed Zaki Aslan as the keynote Day School speaker at its 2019 Annual School – the lead event in the calendar of the UK’s built and historic environment conservation specialists – which will take place in Nottingham … Continue reading
Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our ‘Jobs etc.’ service, so if you have an interest in a heritage related career … Continue reading
IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too!
The CIOB Academy has continued its support for IHBC members on select courses, as it offers members 15% off forthcoming courses in Building Conservation and Project Management (PM), simply using the code below.
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers for this week features a call with a revised … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund
The Sunderland Echo has celebrated a cash boost from the Coastal Revival Fund for Tyne & Wear Building Preservation Trust that will help deliver ambitious plans to revitalise a forgotten corner of Sunderland city centre. image: HE website
Lead with inscriptions dating to the 18th Century has been stolen from a church in the New Forest after thieves climbed 35ft (10m) up the bell tower of St George’s Church in Damerham to steal the lead sometime after New … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland seeks views on the content and functionality of two ‘Managing Change in the Historic Environment’ Guidance Notes, before closing the survey on 15 February: Demolition of Listed Buildings The Use and Adaptation of Listed Buildings.
Cadw will be delivering a brand new website in 2019 and wants to provide a valuable information and services informed by a survey.
Don’t dump the rule book under pressure, Ombudsman warns councils, or lose corporate memory through restructuring
In a new report from the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Michael King, ‘Under Pressure’, councils have been warned not to let budget squeezes and disruption caused by change programmes land them in trouble with the Ombudsman’s office.
The BBC has reported on how a redundant riverside mill in southern Scotland could be turned into a ‘bricks and mortar festival tent’ for community events, with Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust (DHBT) behind the plans for Rosefield Mills, which it … Continue reading