Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC at the Natural Stone Show 2019? Naturally… and packed with free IHBC-recognised CPD – 30 April-2 May, ExCel! 18/01/2019
- IHBC welcomes Historic England Angel Award 2018 winner – Great Yarmouth PT – as part of Context’s international ‘European Perspectives’ issue 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2.4M+ costed work this week: Character Statements for N Herts Conservation Areas sought, closing 4/2, value £75 -100k 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Suffolk campaigners hope listed monument to St Edmund will deter developers 18/01/2019
- New ‘Wates Principles’ aim to improve corporate governance standards among private companies 18/01/2019
- Councils approve planning applications at ‘fastest rate’ in a decade – as Shelter says planning system failings on new homes a ‘Developers… myth’ 18/01/2019
- Cambridge CC to bring Cambridge Live cultural services back in-house 18/01/2019
- Grant Thornton: A third of councils at risk of financial failure in the next decade! 18/01/2019
- RAC Foundation analysis indicates ‘substandard’ council-maintained bridges on the rise 18/01/2019
- England’s communities to have greater say in protecting local trees: Closing Feb 28 18/01/2019
- Bid to introduce a £2 tourist tax in Edinburgh wins support 18/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
Daily Archives: 11/01/2019
IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah
The IHBC has welcomed Zaki Aslan as the keynote Day School speaker at its 2019 Annual School – the lead event in the calendar of the UK’s built and historic environment conservation specialists – which will take place in Nottingham … Continue reading
Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our ‘Jobs etc.’ service, so if you have an interest in a heritage related career … Continue reading
IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too!
The CIOB Academy has continued its support for IHBC members on select courses, as it offers members 15% off forthcoming courses in Building Conservation and Project Management (PM), simply using the code below.
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers for this week features a call with a revised … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund
The Sunderland Echo has celebrated a cash boost from the Coastal Revival Fund for Tyne & Wear Building Preservation Trust that will help deliver ambitious plans to revitalise a forgotten corner of Sunderland city centre. image: HE website
Lead with inscriptions dating to the 18th Century has been stolen from a church in the New Forest after thieves climbed 35ft (10m) up the bell tower of St George’s Church in Damerham to steal the lead sometime after New … Continue reading
Historic Environment Scotland seeks views on the content and functionality of two ‘Managing Change in the Historic Environment’ Guidance Notes, before closing the survey on 15 February: Demolition of Listed Buildings The Use and Adaptation of Listed Buildings.
Cadw will be delivering a brand new website in 2019 and wants to provide a valuable information and services informed by a survey.
Don’t dump the rule book under pressure, Ombudsman warns councils, or lose corporate memory through restructuring
In a new report from the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Michael King, ‘Under Pressure’, councils have been warned not to let budget squeezes and disruption caused by change programmes land them in trouble with the Ombudsman’s office.
The BBC has reported on how a redundant riverside mill in southern Scotland could be turned into a ‘bricks and mortar festival tent’ for community events, with Dumfries Historic Buildings Trust (DHBT) behind the plans for Rosefield Mills, which it … Continue reading