Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 21/12/2018
IHBC’s ‘Christmas Gift’ No.3: ‘Best of the Blogs’ – 100 most popular NewsBlog pages of 2018, from ‘free tasters’ to ‘BS 7913’ and more
For your Christmas (and New Year) perusal, the IHBC offers a listing of then top 100 pages of our hugely popular NewsBlog services visited by readers over 2018, which include free taster ‘NewsBlogs’ and BS 7913, as they demonstrate just … Continue reading
At each Annual General Meeting (AGM) the IHBC elects, re-elects or appoints trustees and officers who are nominated and voted in by Full Members of the institute, with nominations to the next AGM, in our Nottingham School, closing on 6 … Continue reading
The IHBC’s East Midlands (EM) Branch has launched a Social Media Plan, setting out how it will engage with social media to achieve the goals of the Branch as well as of IHBC nationally.
The IHBC has welcomed the recognition in the planned new Environment Bill of core environmental principles such as the ‘polluter pays’, and that the public should be able to participate in environmental decision-making. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from c.£10K costed work this week: EC seeks proposals on the transformation of ‘historic urban areas and/or cultural landscapes into hubs of entrepreneurship and… integration’, closing 19 February 2019
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from this week features a call from the European … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (developer’s) doorstep’: Fine + community service for ‘reckless vandalism’ of GII* listed building
The Northwich Guardian has reported on how a property developer who carried out unauthorised demolition on a Grade II*-listed building has been fined and handed community service.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Govt’s) doorstep’: England’s first motorway turns 60, with major technology upgrade
Exactly 60 years ago on 5 December 1958, 2,300 drivers drove along a new road for the first time…and straight into the history books. image: Open Government Licence v3.0 – Preston Bypass
Wales: Law Commission consults on Planning Law – including proposed merger of LBC with planning permission
In early December, the Law Commission released its report on its wide-ranging consultation Planning Law in Wales, and amongst its many proposed reforms to Welsh planning law is a merger of listed building consent (LBC) with planning permission.
Closing the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 at the #EuropeForCulture conference in Vienna, the Commission has today highlighted a series of actions on cultural heritage.
Heritage Counts 2018 includes a special focus on how heritage in commercial use is constantly evolving and flexibly adapting to provide important and characterful business premises for a wide range of occupiers, from independent and branded leisure and retail businesses … Continue reading
URBACT networks are approved through competitive calls for proposals and for 2014-2020, different calls for proposals for the 3 types of networks will be launched, while a call for Action Planning Networks – supporting cities in addressing a policy challenge … Continue reading
The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) is consulting on a proposed draft national Listed Building Consent Order (LBCO), which would, if approved by Parliament, grant listed building consent for certain specified works of alteration or extension to … Continue reading
Defra will publish consultation response on development of Environmental Principles and Governance Bill before 26 December
Defra recently announced that it is working towards publishing the consultation response before the 26 December deadline set in the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 for the draft Bill and the establishment of a new environmental authority. image: Open … Continue reading
Jools Holland talked on Sean Keaveny’s Radio 6 show recently about the book ‘Lost London’ and how it provided inspiration for songs about London on his new album.