Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video! 16/07/2019
- BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plan to protect Plymouth’s post-war buildings from developers 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council 16/07/2019
- IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Invitation to Tender for construction contracts 16/07/2019
- MJ Achievement Awards names Waltham Forest Local Authority of the Year 2019 16/07/2019
- HES online survey of ‘Our Place in Time’ (OPIT): Closes 2 August 16/07/2019
- CIC appoints Stephen Hodder MBE as its new Chair 16/07/2019
- New partnership for Orkney’s World Heritage Site 16/07/2019
- NLA awards 2019 include Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery for Conservation & Retrofit 16/07/2019
- Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham Annual School opens and closes, as records break and spotlights beam 12/07/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review, as posts range from charity CEs and finance administrators to building inspectors, surveyors and more! 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £360M+ costed opportunities this week: Council seeks team for fee proposal for Tonedale Mill Repairs Notice, closing 24/07, value £50K 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Officials remove three iconic Southport (Merseyside) buildings from their ‘at risk’ register 12/07/2019
- Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls’ owner ordered to make urgent repairs 12/07/2019
- Boost for Scotland/Northern Powerhouse ‘Borderlands’ as £394.5M ‘Growth Deal’ signed 12/07/2019
- New UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, now open, with deadline 8 January 2020 12/07/2019
- Winners in 2019 Street Design Awards range from Woking’s Muslim War Cemetery Peace Garden to innovative lighting in Brighton 12/07/2019
- Scotland’s ‘My Place Mentoring’ programme builds skills and capacity for community groups 12/07/2019
- England’s Northern Powerhouse lacks joined-up planning, RTPI warns 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (farmer’s) doorstep’: NFU and HE give drone to Wiltshire Police 09/07/2019
- England’s new High Streets Task Force will help revitalise high streets and town centres 09/07/2019
Daily Archives: 21/12/2018
IHBC’s ‘Christmas Gift’ No.3: ‘Best of the Blogs’ – 100 most popular NewsBlog pages of 2018, from ‘free tasters’ to ‘BS 7913’ and more
For your Christmas (and New Year) perusal, the IHBC offers a listing of then top 100 pages of our hugely popular NewsBlog services visited by readers over 2018, which include free taster ‘NewsBlogs’ and BS 7913, as they demonstrate just … Continue reading
At each Annual General Meeting (AGM) the IHBC elects, re-elects or appoints trustees and officers who are nominated and voted in by Full Members of the institute, with nominations to the next AGM, in our Nottingham School, closing on 6 … Continue reading
The IHBC’s East Midlands (EM) Branch has launched a Social Media Plan, setting out how it will engage with social media to achieve the goals of the Branch as well as of IHBC nationally.
The IHBC has welcomed the recognition in the planned new Environment Bill of core environmental principles such as the ‘polluter pays’, and that the public should be able to participate in environmental decision-making. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from c.£10K costed work this week: EC seeks proposals on the transformation of ‘historic urban areas and/or cultural landscapes into hubs of entrepreneurship and… integration’, closing 19 February 2019
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from this week features a call from the European … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (developer’s) doorstep’: Fine + community service for ‘reckless vandalism’ of GII* listed building
The Northwich Guardian has reported on how a property developer who carried out unauthorised demolition on a Grade II*-listed building has been fined and handed community service.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Govt’s) doorstep’: England’s first motorway turns 60, with major technology upgrade
Exactly 60 years ago on 5 December 1958, 2,300 drivers drove along a new road for the first time…and straight into the history books. image: Open Government Licence v3.0 – Preston Bypass
Wales: Law Commission consults on Planning Law – including proposed merger of LBC with planning permission
In early December, the Law Commission released its report on its wide-ranging consultation Planning Law in Wales, and amongst its many proposed reforms to Welsh planning law is a merger of listed building consent (LBC) with planning permission.
Closing the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 at the #EuropeForCulture conference in Vienna, the Commission has today highlighted a series of actions on cultural heritage.
Heritage Counts 2018 includes a special focus on how heritage in commercial use is constantly evolving and flexibly adapting to provide important and characterful business premises for a wide range of occupiers, from independent and branded leisure and retail businesses … Continue reading
URBACT networks are approved through competitive calls for proposals and for 2014-2020, different calls for proposals for the 3 types of networks will be launched, while a call for Action Planning Networks – supporting cities in addressing a policy challenge … Continue reading
The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) is consulting on a proposed draft national Listed Building Consent Order (LBCO), which would, if approved by Parliament, grant listed building consent for certain specified works of alteration or extension to … Continue reading
Defra will publish consultation response on development of Environmental Principles and Governance Bill before 26 December
Defra recently announced that it is working towards publishing the consultation response before the 26 December deadline set in the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 for the draft Bill and the establishment of a new environmental authority. image: Open … Continue reading
Jools Holland talked on Sean Keaveny’s Radio 6 show recently about the book ‘Lost London’ and how it provided inspiration for songs about London on his new album.