Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Student Awards judge announced: Ben Cowell, Historic Houses DG, to select the Gus Astley Student Awards for 2020 Brighton School presentations… #IHBCBrighton2020 18/10/2019
- Malcolm Payne Group welcomed as new practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of ‘service providers working to the IHBC’s standards’ 18/10/2019
- REMINDER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £142K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish THI seeks ‘creative(s)’ in community engagement, closing 28/10 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Doorstep’: Banksy graffiti taken off GII listed Yorkshire bridge facing dismantling 18/10/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: AHF’s first grants to social enterprises & charities to transform town centres and high streets 18/10/2019
- Government Response published: Garden Design and Tourism Report 18/10/2019
- Charles Jencks architectural historian and critic and founder of Maggie’s cancer charity dies 18/10/2019
- Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement 18/10/2019
- Scotland’s Green Investment Portfolio: call for projects 18/10/2019
- Secure £500 donation to a charity of your choice by answering THA’s ‘Wellbeing’ survey 18/10/2019
- AHRC Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Urgency Grants pilot update, closing 31/10/2020 18/10/2019
- The RTPI celebrates 60 years of its Royal Charter 18/10/2019
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
Daily Archives: 21/12/2018
IHBC’s ‘Christmas Gift’ No.3: ‘Best of the Blogs’ – 100 most popular NewsBlog pages of 2018, from ‘free tasters’ to ‘BS 7913’ and more
For your Christmas (and New Year) perusal, the IHBC offers a listing of then top 100 pages of our hugely popular NewsBlog services visited by readers over 2018, which include free taster ‘NewsBlogs’ and BS 7913, as they demonstrate just … Continue reading
At each Annual General Meeting (AGM) the IHBC elects, re-elects or appoints trustees and officers who are nominated and voted in by Full Members of the institute, with nominations to the next AGM, in our Nottingham School, closing on 6 … Continue reading
The IHBC’s East Midlands (EM) Branch has launched a Social Media Plan, setting out how it will engage with social media to achieve the goals of the Branch as well as of IHBC nationally.
The IHBC has welcomed the recognition in the planned new Environment Bill of core environmental principles such as the ‘polluter pays’, and that the public should be able to participate in environmental decision-making. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from c.£10K costed work this week: EC seeks proposals on the transformation of ‘historic urban areas and/or cultural landscapes into hubs of entrepreneurship and… integration’, closing 19 February 2019
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from this week features a call from the European … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (developer’s) doorstep’: Fine + community service for ‘reckless vandalism’ of GII* listed building
The Northwich Guardian has reported on how a property developer who carried out unauthorised demolition on a Grade II*-listed building has been fined and handed community service.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Govt’s) doorstep’: England’s first motorway turns 60, with major technology upgrade
Exactly 60 years ago on 5 December 1958, 2,300 drivers drove along a new road for the first time…and straight into the history books. image: Open Government Licence v3.0 – Preston Bypass
Wales: Law Commission consults on Planning Law – including proposed merger of LBC with planning permission
In early December, the Law Commission released its report on its wide-ranging consultation Planning Law in Wales, and amongst its many proposed reforms to Welsh planning law is a merger of listed building consent (LBC) with planning permission.
Closing the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 at the #EuropeForCulture conference in Vienna, the Commission has today highlighted a series of actions on cultural heritage.
Heritage Counts 2018 includes a special focus on how heritage in commercial use is constantly evolving and flexibly adapting to provide important and characterful business premises for a wide range of occupiers, from independent and branded leisure and retail businesses … Continue reading
URBACT networks are approved through competitive calls for proposals and for 2014-2020, different calls for proposals for the 3 types of networks will be launched, while a call for Action Planning Networks – supporting cities in addressing a policy challenge … Continue reading
The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) is consulting on a proposed draft national Listed Building Consent Order (LBCO), which would, if approved by Parliament, grant listed building consent for certain specified works of alteration or extension to … Continue reading
Defra will publish consultation response on development of Environmental Principles and Governance Bill before 26 December
Defra recently announced that it is working towards publishing the consultation response before the 26 December deadline set in the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 for the draft Bill and the establishment of a new environmental authority. image: Open … Continue reading
Jools Holland talked on Sean Keaveny’s Radio 6 show recently about the book ‘Lost London’ and how it provided inspiration for songs about London on his new album.