Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 18/12/2018
Your SECOND FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Get them signed up to the IHBC’s free taster NewsBlog service, and make your life easier by helping theirs
You can help make life easier for your colleagues – and yourself – this Christmas by encouraging them to check out the IHBC’s NewsBlog email news service through our free 6-month ‘Taster’, as they can get to know our services … Continue reading
The IHBC has welcomed the first digital Newsletter from COTAC – the Council on Training and Education in Conservation – the UK’s conservation skills link body, while anyone interested can sign up HERE.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), the link body for built and historic environment interests in Scotland, has welcomed its new Chair, Iain McDowall, who recently chaired his first BEFS Board meeting. image: BEFS website
England’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has published a ‘One Year On’ 2018 update of its 2017 ‘Heritage Statement’, detailing Government’s vision and strategy for heritage and the historic environment.
The Guardian has reported on a builders’ body that lobbied councils against accessible homes policies on the basis that the policies could make it unprofitable to build homes. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
England’s Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (DBEIS) suggests that virtual reality, digital design and offsite manufacturing technologies could be the future of UK construction thanks to £72 million investment from the government. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Barnet Council and Historic England have restored the Physic Well, an historic Grade II-listed building near Chipping Barnet, scheduled to reopen in 2019.
England’s Place Alliance has celebrated its fourth year, reporting on recent achievements in its Annual Review 2017-2018. image: by Rob Cowan on Place Alliance website
Mark Harrison, Head of Heritage Crime and Policing Advice at Historic England, has summarised the development of their Heritage Crime Programme for Ecclesiastical Heritage World.
CIOB opens voting on ‘Art of Building’ Photographer of the Year: Closes 11 January, with £3,500 prize
Amazing and poignant built environment stories are revealed in the top 12 photographer finalists in the ‘Art of Building’ competition hosted by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), with public voting open until 11 January 2019.