Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video! 16/07/2019
- BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plan to protect Plymouth’s post-war buildings from developers 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council 16/07/2019
- IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Invitation to Tender for construction contracts 16/07/2019
- MJ Achievement Awards names Waltham Forest Local Authority of the Year 2019 16/07/2019
- HES online survey of ‘Our Place in Time’ (OPIT): Closes 2 August 16/07/2019
- CIC appoints Stephen Hodder MBE as its new Chair 16/07/2019
- New partnership for Orkney’s World Heritage Site 16/07/2019
- NLA awards 2019 include Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery for Conservation & Retrofit 16/07/2019
- Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham Annual School opens and closes, as records break and spotlights beam 12/07/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review, as posts range from charity CEs and finance administrators to building inspectors, surveyors and more! 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £360M+ costed opportunities this week: Council seeks team for fee proposal for Tonedale Mill Repairs Notice, closing 24/07, value £50K 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Officials remove three iconic Southport (Merseyside) buildings from their ‘at risk’ register 12/07/2019
- Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls’ owner ordered to make urgent repairs 12/07/2019
- Boost for Scotland/Northern Powerhouse ‘Borderlands’ as £394.5M ‘Growth Deal’ signed 12/07/2019
- New UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, now open, with deadline 8 January 2020 12/07/2019
- Winners in 2019 Street Design Awards range from Woking’s Muslim War Cemetery Peace Garden to innovative lighting in Brighton 12/07/2019
- Scotland’s ‘My Place Mentoring’ programme builds skills and capacity for community groups 12/07/2019
- England’s Northern Powerhouse lacks joined-up planning, RTPI warns 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (farmer’s) doorstep’: NFU and HE give drone to Wiltshire Police 09/07/2019
- England’s new High Streets Task Force will help revitalise high streets and town centres 09/07/2019
Daily Archives: 18/12/2018
Your SECOND FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Get them signed up to the IHBC’s free taster NewsBlog service, and make your life easier by helping theirs
You can help make life easier for your colleagues – and yourself – this Christmas by encouraging them to check out the IHBC’s NewsBlog email news service through our free 6-month ‘Taster’, as they can get to know our services … Continue reading
The IHBC has welcomed the first digital Newsletter from COTAC – the Council on Training and Education in Conservation – the UK’s conservation skills link body, while anyone interested can sign up HERE.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), the link body for built and historic environment interests in Scotland, has welcomed its new Chair, Iain McDowall, who recently chaired his first BEFS Board meeting. image: BEFS website
England’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has published a ‘One Year On’ 2018 update of its 2017 ‘Heritage Statement’, detailing Government’s vision and strategy for heritage and the historic environment.
The Guardian has reported on a builders’ body that lobbied councils against accessible homes policies on the basis that the policies could make it unprofitable to build homes. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
England’s Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (DBEIS) suggests that virtual reality, digital design and offsite manufacturing technologies could be the future of UK construction thanks to £72 million investment from the government. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
Barnet Council and Historic England have restored the Physic Well, an historic Grade II-listed building near Chipping Barnet, scheduled to reopen in 2019.
England’s Place Alliance has celebrated its fourth year, reporting on recent achievements in its Annual Review 2017-2018. image: by Rob Cowan on Place Alliance website
Mark Harrison, Head of Heritage Crime and Policing Advice at Historic England, has summarised the development of their Heritage Crime Programme for Ecclesiastical Heritage World.
CIOB opens voting on ‘Art of Building’ Photographer of the Year: Closes 11 January, with £3,500 prize
Amazing and poignant built environment stories are revealed in the top 12 photographer finalists in the ‘Art of Building’ competition hosted by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), with public voting open until 11 January 2019.