Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video! 16/07/2019
- BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plan to protect Plymouth’s post-war buildings from developers 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council 16/07/2019
- IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Invitation to Tender for construction contracts 16/07/2019
- MJ Achievement Awards names Waltham Forest Local Authority of the Year 2019 16/07/2019
- HES online survey of ‘Our Place in Time’ (OPIT): Closes 2 August 16/07/2019
- CIC appoints Stephen Hodder MBE as its new Chair 16/07/2019
- New partnership for Orkney’s World Heritage Site 16/07/2019
- NLA awards 2019 include Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery for Conservation & Retrofit 16/07/2019
- Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham Annual School opens and closes, as records break and spotlights beam 12/07/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review, as posts range from charity CEs and finance administrators to building inspectors, surveyors and more! 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £360M+ costed opportunities this week: Council seeks team for fee proposal for Tonedale Mill Repairs Notice, closing 24/07, value £50K 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Officials remove three iconic Southport (Merseyside) buildings from their ‘at risk’ register 12/07/2019
- Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls’ owner ordered to make urgent repairs 12/07/2019
- Boost for Scotland/Northern Powerhouse ‘Borderlands’ as £394.5M ‘Growth Deal’ signed 12/07/2019
- New UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, now open, with deadline 8 January 2020 12/07/2019
- Winners in 2019 Street Design Awards range from Woking’s Muslim War Cemetery Peace Garden to innovative lighting in Brighton 12/07/2019
- Scotland’s ‘My Place Mentoring’ programme builds skills and capacity for community groups 12/07/2019
- England’s Northern Powerhouse lacks joined-up planning, RTPI warns 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (farmer’s) doorstep’: NFU and HE give drone to Wiltshire Police 09/07/2019
- England’s new High Streets Task Force will help revitalise high streets and town centres 09/07/2019
Daily Archives: 14/12/2018
Your FIRST FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Tell them about IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – Our digital digest for the development and construction sector
You can help make life easier for your colleagues – and yourself – this Christmas by encouraging them to check out the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki Homepage, our free digital ‘Conservation Digest’ aimed at mainstream construction and development sector practitioners.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’ looks ahead to our Brighton School in 2020, as the Brighton and Hove Independent reports on local heritage plans to help address the Old Town CA’s ‘at risk’ status
As plans to host IHBC’s 2020 School in Brighton are being developed by our local Branch volunteers, the Brighton and Hove Independent reports in detail on a management plan ‘to revive the Hippodrome and encourage better use of the Middle … Continue reading
IHBC’s Chair James Caird attended the 2018 Heritage Day, led by England’s heritage link body, The Heritage Alliance (THA), and has offered NewsBlog readers an update on his day.
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £314K+ costed work this week: Historic England seeks desk-based study addressing LPOW care questions, closing 10/01; £20k value
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Historic England, which … Continue reading
AHF: New partnership Heritage Impact Fund (HIF) to be launched in early 2019, ‘to increase the levels of social investment’
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced that, as part of its ongoing work to increase the levels of social investment supporting the heritage sector, a new partnership fund will be launched in 2019: ‘The Heritage Impact Fund’ (HIF).
Cadw has launched new publications covering aspects of the sustainable management of Wales’ historic environment.
The Joint Committee on the draft ‘Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill’ has published a call for evidence, inviting views on whether the governance structures for the Restoration and Renewal (R&R) Programme set out in the draft Bill are appropriate, … Continue reading
Past CEO of the Ancient Monuments Society (AMS), Matthew Saunders has launched a call for evidence as he has been tasked by Historic England to lead on a project entitled: ‘Developing a strategy for the future of the National Heritage … Continue reading
New Heritage Alliance travel grant scheme: Apply for up to £1500 of £15,500 available, by 15 February 2019
The Heritage Alliance, with support from the British Council, is delighted to offer travel grants to support UK heritage professionals to develop mutually beneficial international projects and partnerships for their organisations, with applications for up to £1500 of the £15,500 … Continue reading
Scottish Crown Estate: Landmark legislation passed allows LAs and communities to ‘take direct control’
The Scottish Government states that its local authorities (LAs) and communities will have a stronger voice in the management of Scottish Crown Estate assets under reforms that open up the possibility for them to ‘take direct control of the management … Continue reading
Ecclesiastical invites public participation in nominating charities for awards as it announced that each weekday until 21 December, 10 charities will win £1,000: that’s £120,000 to 120 charities in 12 days!
A seasonal treat as ArchDaily calls for submissions to its 2018 ‘Holiday Card Challenge’: Closing 17 December
ArchDaily seeking holiday cards with an architectural spin to feature in its publication.