Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 14/12/2018
Your FIRST FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Tell them about IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – Our digital digest for the development and construction sector
You can help make life easier for your colleagues – and yourself – this Christmas by encouraging them to check out the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki Homepage, our free digital ‘Conservation Digest’ aimed at mainstream construction and development sector practitioners.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’ looks ahead to our Brighton School in 2020, as the Brighton and Hove Independent reports on local heritage plans to help address the Old Town CA’s ‘at risk’ status
As plans to host IHBC’s 2020 School in Brighton are being developed by our local Branch volunteers, the Brighton and Hove Independent reports in detail on a management plan ‘to revive the Hippodrome and encourage better use of the Middle … Continue reading
IHBC’s Chair James Caird attended the 2018 Heritage Day, led by England’s heritage link body, The Heritage Alliance (THA), and has offered NewsBlog readers an update on his day.
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £314K+ costed work this week: Historic England seeks desk-based study addressing LPOW care questions, closing 10/01; £20k value
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week features a call from Historic England, which … Continue reading
AHF: New partnership Heritage Impact Fund (HIF) to be launched in early 2019, ‘to increase the levels of social investment’
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) has announced that, as part of its ongoing work to increase the levels of social investment supporting the heritage sector, a new partnership fund will be launched in 2019: ‘The Heritage Impact Fund’ (HIF).
Cadw has launched new publications covering aspects of the sustainable management of Wales’ historic environment.
The Joint Committee on the draft ‘Parliamentary Buildings (Restoration and Renewal) Bill’ has published a call for evidence, inviting views on whether the governance structures for the Restoration and Renewal (R&R) Programme set out in the draft Bill are appropriate, … Continue reading
Past CEO of the Ancient Monuments Society (AMS), Matthew Saunders has launched a call for evidence as he has been tasked by Historic England to lead on a project entitled: ‘Developing a strategy for the future of the National Heritage … Continue reading
New Heritage Alliance travel grant scheme: Apply for up to £1500 of £15,500 available, by 15 February 2019
The Heritage Alliance, with support from the British Council, is delighted to offer travel grants to support UK heritage professionals to develop mutually beneficial international projects and partnerships for their organisations, with applications for up to £1500 of the £15,500 … Continue reading
Scottish Crown Estate: Landmark legislation passed allows LAs and communities to ‘take direct control’
The Scottish Government states that its local authorities (LAs) and communities will have a stronger voice in the management of Scottish Crown Estate assets under reforms that open up the possibility for them to ‘take direct control of the management … Continue reading
Ecclesiastical invites public participation in nominating charities for awards as it announced that each weekday until 21 December, 10 charities will win £1,000: that’s £120,000 to 120 charities in 12 days!
A seasonal treat as ArchDaily calls for submissions to its 2018 ‘Holiday Card Challenge’: Closing 17 December
ArchDaily seeking holiday cards with an architectural spin to feature in its publication.