Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Student Awards judge announced: Ben Cowell, Historic Houses DG, to select the Gus Astley Student Awards for 2020 Brighton School presentations… #IHBCBrighton2020 18/10/2019
- Malcolm Payne Group welcomed as new practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of ‘service providers working to the IHBC’s standards’ 18/10/2019
- REMINDER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £142K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish THI seeks ‘creative(s)’ in community engagement, closing 28/10 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Doorstep’: Banksy graffiti taken off GII listed Yorkshire bridge facing dismantling 18/10/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: AHF’s first grants to social enterprises & charities to transform town centres and high streets 18/10/2019
- Government Response published: Garden Design and Tourism Report 18/10/2019
- Charles Jencks architectural historian and critic and founder of Maggie’s cancer charity dies 18/10/2019
- Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement 18/10/2019
- Scotland’s Green Investment Portfolio: call for projects 18/10/2019
- Secure £500 donation to a charity of your choice by answering THA’s ‘Wellbeing’ survey 18/10/2019
- AHRC Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Urgency Grants pilot update, closing 31/10/2020 18/10/2019
- The RTPI celebrates 60 years of its Royal Charter 18/10/2019
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
Daily Archives: 11/12/2018
The IHBC’s Annual Schools provide opportunities for invaluable CPD and networking, as well as great settings for social activities and exploring a new historic area, and in Belfast delegates heard both the creative insights of Bill Drummond and the professional … Continue reading
The IHBC has lodged its concerns and objections to current proposals for the high-level (Level 7) Historic Environment Advisor Apprenticeship submitted by Historic England’s ‘Trailblazer’ Group to the Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) for approval. image: IHBC Marsh Award – Learner … Continue reading
DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’
If mention of the 1968 ‘Town and Country Planning Act’ (TCPA) in many circles prompts reference mainly to structure plans, action areas and public participation in planning, tucked away in Part V was a revolution in heritage conservation that Timothy … Continue reading
IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’
The UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) has reported on the launch of Hawkins/Brown’s new tool to quickly visualise the embodied carbon of buildings at any point in the building lifecycle.
IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost!
The morning session of the IHBC Annual School in Belfast provided the opportunity to hear from practicing heritage professionals on methods for sharing our heritage, and a discussion on why (and for whom) we should do so, so maybe take … Continue reading
Two built environment organisations have announced the first building quality and performance partnership of its kind as BRE and USGBC partner to raise global sustainability standards.
The winners of the Historic England (HE) Angel Awards 2018 have been revealed at a ceremony hosted by historian Bettany Hughes at the Gillian Lynne Theatre in London. image HE website – Derry, London Derry
Civic Voice has launched a fundraising campaign to respond to Government’s ‘Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission’ intended to tackle the challenge of poor-quality design and build of homes and places, across the country and help ensure as we build for … Continue reading
Scotland’s new archaeology strategy, ‘Celebrating Archaeology in Scotland 2018’, has been launched.
Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year
Culminating years of research, the Gardens Trusts has shed new light on the work of historic landscape gardener Humphry Repton at a symposium at the Garden Museum in November 2018.
The marvellous resource that is Landmark’s History Albums is now available online and this makes the detailed research undertaken on each Landmark digitally available to all, an extensive repository for every kind of historian and others to mine.