Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video! 16/07/2019
- BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plan to protect Plymouth’s post-war buildings from developers 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council 16/07/2019
- IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Invitation to Tender for construction contracts 16/07/2019
- MJ Achievement Awards names Waltham Forest Local Authority of the Year 2019 16/07/2019
- HES online survey of ‘Our Place in Time’ (OPIT): Closes 2 August 16/07/2019
- CIC appoints Stephen Hodder MBE as its new Chair 16/07/2019
- New partnership for Orkney’s World Heritage Site 16/07/2019
- NLA awards 2019 include Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery for Conservation & Retrofit 16/07/2019
- Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham Annual School opens and closes, as records break and spotlights beam 12/07/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review, as posts range from charity CEs and finance administrators to building inspectors, surveyors and more! 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £360M+ costed opportunities this week: Council seeks team for fee proposal for Tonedale Mill Repairs Notice, closing 24/07, value £50K 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Officials remove three iconic Southport (Merseyside) buildings from their ‘at risk’ register 12/07/2019
- Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls’ owner ordered to make urgent repairs 12/07/2019
- Boost for Scotland/Northern Powerhouse ‘Borderlands’ as £394.5M ‘Growth Deal’ signed 12/07/2019
- New UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, now open, with deadline 8 January 2020 12/07/2019
- Winners in 2019 Street Design Awards range from Woking’s Muslim War Cemetery Peace Garden to innovative lighting in Brighton 12/07/2019
- Scotland’s ‘My Place Mentoring’ programme builds skills and capacity for community groups 12/07/2019
- England’s Northern Powerhouse lacks joined-up planning, RTPI warns 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (farmer’s) doorstep’: NFU and HE give drone to Wiltshire Police 09/07/2019
- England’s new High Streets Task Force will help revitalise high streets and town centres 09/07/2019
Daily Archives: 11/12/2018
The IHBC’s Annual Schools provide opportunities for invaluable CPD and networking, as well as great settings for social activities and exploring a new historic area, and in Belfast delegates heard both the creative insights of Bill Drummond and the professional … Continue reading
The IHBC has lodged its concerns and objections to current proposals for the high-level (Level 7) Historic Environment Advisor Apprenticeship submitted by Historic England’s ‘Trailblazer’ Group to the Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) for approval. image: IHBC Marsh Award – Learner … Continue reading
DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’
If mention of the 1968 ‘Town and Country Planning Act’ (TCPA) in many circles prompts reference mainly to structure plans, action areas and public participation in planning, tucked away in Part V was a revolution in heritage conservation that Timothy … Continue reading
IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’
The UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) has reported on the launch of Hawkins/Brown’s new tool to quickly visualise the embodied carbon of buildings at any point in the building lifecycle.
IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost!
The morning session of the IHBC Annual School in Belfast provided the opportunity to hear from practicing heritage professionals on methods for sharing our heritage, and a discussion on why (and for whom) we should do so, so maybe take … Continue reading
Two built environment organisations have announced the first building quality and performance partnership of its kind as BRE and USGBC partner to raise global sustainability standards.
The winners of the Historic England (HE) Angel Awards 2018 have been revealed at a ceremony hosted by historian Bettany Hughes at the Gillian Lynne Theatre in London. image HE website – Derry, London Derry
Civic Voice has launched a fundraising campaign to respond to Government’s ‘Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission’ intended to tackle the challenge of poor-quality design and build of homes and places, across the country and help ensure as we build for … Continue reading
Scotland’s new archaeology strategy, ‘Celebrating Archaeology in Scotland 2018’, has been launched.
Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year
Culminating years of research, the Gardens Trusts has shed new light on the work of historic landscape gardener Humphry Repton at a symposium at the Garden Museum in November 2018.
The marvellous resource that is Landmark’s History Albums is now available online and this makes the detailed research undertaken on each Landmark digitally available to all, an extensive repository for every kind of historian and others to mine.