Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 11/12/2018
The IHBC’s Annual Schools provide opportunities for invaluable CPD and networking, as well as great settings for social activities and exploring a new historic area, and in Belfast delegates heard both the creative insights of Bill Drummond and the professional … Continue reading
The IHBC has lodged its concerns and objections to current proposals for the high-level (Level 7) Historic Environment Advisor Apprenticeship submitted by Historic England’s ‘Trailblazer’ Group to the Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) for approval. image: IHBC Marsh Award – Learner … Continue reading
DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’
If mention of the 1968 ‘Town and Country Planning Act’ (TCPA) in many circles prompts reference mainly to structure plans, action areas and public participation in planning, tucked away in Part V was a revolution in heritage conservation that Timothy … Continue reading
IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’
The UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) has reported on the launch of Hawkins/Brown’s new tool to quickly visualise the embodied carbon of buildings at any point in the building lifecycle.
IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost!
The morning session of the IHBC Annual School in Belfast provided the opportunity to hear from practicing heritage professionals on methods for sharing our heritage, and a discussion on why (and for whom) we should do so, so maybe take … Continue reading
Two built environment organisations have announced the first building quality and performance partnership of its kind as BRE and USGBC partner to raise global sustainability standards.
The winners of the Historic England (HE) Angel Awards 2018 have been revealed at a ceremony hosted by historian Bettany Hughes at the Gillian Lynne Theatre in London. image HE website – Derry, London Derry
Civic Voice has launched a fundraising campaign to respond to Government’s ‘Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission’ intended to tackle the challenge of poor-quality design and build of homes and places, across the country and help ensure as we build for … Continue reading
Scotland’s new archaeology strategy, ‘Celebrating Archaeology in Scotland 2018’, has been launched.
Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year
Culminating years of research, the Gardens Trusts has shed new light on the work of historic landscape gardener Humphry Repton at a symposium at the Garden Museum in November 2018.
The marvellous resource that is Landmark’s History Albums is now available online and this makes the detailed research undertaken on each Landmark digitally available to all, an extensive repository for every kind of historian and others to mine.