Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s new Guidance Notes launched at Nottingham’s 2019 School Spotlights: on ‘Retrofitting’ and on climate change ‘Sources’… and now also on School video! 16/07/2019
- BOOKING OPEN – IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘Improving Accessibility – Overcoming the Barriers to Heritage’, 10th October 2019, Liverpool 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plan to protect Plymouth’s post-war buildings from developers 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans to build homes at Kersey Mill recommended for refusal by parish council 16/07/2019
- IHBC CPD boost from DBW: Invitation to Tender for construction contracts 16/07/2019
- MJ Achievement Awards names Waltham Forest Local Authority of the Year 2019 16/07/2019
- HES online survey of ‘Our Place in Time’ (OPIT): Closes 2 August 16/07/2019
- CIC appoints Stephen Hodder MBE as its new Chair 16/07/2019
- New partnership for Orkney’s World Heritage Site 16/07/2019
- NLA awards 2019 include Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery for Conservation & Retrofit 16/07/2019
- Race against devastation: How wartime photographers dodged Nazi bombing to record historic buildings 16/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham Annual School opens and closes, as records break and spotlights beam 12/07/2019
- Serious about your career? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review, as posts range from charity CEs and finance administrators to building inspectors, surveyors and more! 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £360M+ costed opportunities this week: Council seeks team for fee proposal for Tonedale Mill Repairs Notice, closing 24/07, value £50K 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Officials remove three iconic Southport (Merseyside) buildings from their ‘at risk’ register 12/07/2019
- Glasgow’s Egyptian Halls’ owner ordered to make urgent repairs 12/07/2019
- Boost for Scotland/Northern Powerhouse ‘Borderlands’ as £394.5M ‘Growth Deal’ signed 12/07/2019
- New UK parliamentary petition to Zero-rate VAT on deep retrofit/eco-refurbishment building works on all homes, now open, with deadline 8 January 2020 12/07/2019
- Winners in 2019 Street Design Awards range from Woking’s Muslim War Cemetery Peace Garden to innovative lighting in Brighton 12/07/2019
- Scotland’s ‘My Place Mentoring’ programme builds skills and capacity for community groups 12/07/2019
- England’s Northern Powerhouse lacks joined-up planning, RTPI warns 12/07/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 AGM approves new ‘Governance Proposals’; elects new Chair – David McDonald – and Vice Chair – Lone le Vay, among others, and says au revoir to departing officers 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £800K+ costed opportunities last week: Planning Inspectorate seeks ‘Non Salaried Inspectors’, closing 01/09,valued £99K 09/07/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (farmer’s) doorstep’: NFU and HE give drone to Wiltshire Police 09/07/2019
- England’s new High Streets Task Force will help revitalise high streets and town centres 09/07/2019
Daily Archives: 04/12/2018
IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses…
Each issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context features a selection of quotations and recent takes on all aspects historic building conservation, but can you identify who made these statements below, relating to accessibility and perceptions of SPAB, which are … Continue reading
A short film by Masters in Architecture students at the University of Sheffield is now available on YouTube that explores future community-focussed visions for Meersbrook Hall, based on extensive research into its history as the Ruskin Museum (1890-1953). image: Sheffield … Continue reading
Scotland’s Historic Environment Audit (SHEA) 2018 is now out and its lead officer in Historic Environment Scotland (HES), Karen Robertson, has offered her personal blog looking at the trends and findings.
Civic Voice – England’s link body for local Civic Trusts – has now made available another tool to help guide community groups interested on enhancing local conservation areas, a resource developed as part of Civic Voice’s Big Conservation Conversation and … Continue reading
The chairman of the Specialist Engineering Contractors’ (SEC) Group wants to government to set up a statutory authority to regulate construction industry practice. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has reported on how the ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online toolkit is now available, together with accompanying report ‘The State of Heritage Funding Now.’ image BEFS website
Local councillors have declared Birley Spa Bath House in Sheffield to be an Asset of Community Value.
New research has been published to help understand the visitor and non-visitor value of cultural engagement at 4 cultural institutions in England, and to test whether economic values for cultural sites can be transferred to similar sites in England.
In November 2018, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) launched the UK’s first nationwide architectural learning programme aimed at schoolchildren.
The BBC has reported on how campaigners fighting to restore the 122-year-old Shotley Pier for public use have revealed new designs for the Victorian structure.