Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 04/12/2018
IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses…
Each issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context features a selection of quotations and recent takes on all aspects historic building conservation, but can you identify who made these statements below, relating to accessibility and perceptions of SPAB, which are … Continue reading
A short film by Masters in Architecture students at the University of Sheffield is now available on YouTube that explores future community-focussed visions for Meersbrook Hall, based on extensive research into its history as the Ruskin Museum (1890-1953). image: Sheffield … Continue reading
Scotland’s Historic Environment Audit (SHEA) 2018 is now out and its lead officer in Historic Environment Scotland (HES), Karen Robertson, has offered her personal blog looking at the trends and findings.
Civic Voice – England’s link body for local Civic Trusts – has now made available another tool to help guide community groups interested on enhancing local conservation areas, a resource developed as part of Civic Voice’s Big Conservation Conversation and … Continue reading
The chairman of the Specialist Engineering Contractors’ (SEC) Group wants to government to set up a statutory authority to regulate construction industry practice. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has reported on how the ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online toolkit is now available, together with accompanying report ‘The State of Heritage Funding Now.’ image BEFS website
Local councillors have declared Birley Spa Bath House in Sheffield to be an Asset of Community Value.
New research has been published to help understand the visitor and non-visitor value of cultural engagement at 4 cultural institutions in England, and to test whether economic values for cultural sites can be transferred to similar sites in England.
In November 2018, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) launched the UK’s first nationwide architectural learning programme aimed at schoolchildren.
The BBC has reported on how campaigners fighting to restore the 122-year-old Shotley Pier for public use have revealed new designs for the Victorian structure.