Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Student Awards judge announced: Ben Cowell, Historic Houses DG, to select the Gus Astley Student Awards for 2020 Brighton School presentations… #IHBCBrighton2020 18/10/2019
- Malcolm Payne Group welcomed as new practice on IHBC’s HESPR register of ‘service providers working to the IHBC’s standards’ 18/10/2019
- REMINDER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE at the Scottish Listed Property Show – FREE places for members! 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £142K+ costed opportunities this week: Scottish THI seeks ‘creative(s)’ in community engagement, closing 28/10 18/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Doorstep’: Banksy graffiti taken off GII listed Yorkshire bridge facing dismantling 18/10/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: AHF’s first grants to social enterprises & charities to transform town centres and high streets 18/10/2019
- Government Response published: Garden Design and Tourism Report 18/10/2019
- Charles Jencks architectural historian and critic and founder of Maggie’s cancer charity dies 18/10/2019
- Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement 18/10/2019
- Scotland’s Green Investment Portfolio: call for projects 18/10/2019
- Secure £500 donation to a charity of your choice by answering THA’s ‘Wellbeing’ survey 18/10/2019
- AHRC Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Urgency Grants pilot update, closing 31/10/2020 18/10/2019
- The RTPI celebrates 60 years of its Royal Charter 18/10/2019
- IHBC responds to Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) consultation, highlights needs for interdisciplinary conservation practitioners 15/10/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on ‘Heritage at Risk’ Campaigning: New 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 15/10/2019
- REMINDER: Join us as IHBC supports new Climate Heritage Network launch in Edinburgh on 24-25/10 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: The Liverpool GII ‘jewel’ that lies empty, derelict and vandalised 15/10/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (antique) doorstep’: Call for antiques trade to help find stolen south London cattle troughs 15/10/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland issues Annual Report 2018-19 15/10/2019
- BRE appoints Piers White MBE as new Chair 15/10/2019
- Three Commissioners appointed to the Historic England board 15/10/2019
- Heritage protection for battleship wreck and Lundy Island cliff-face steps as HMS Montagu and the Montagu Steps scheduled and more 15/10/2019
- Repair and maintenance of housing falls by £451m in Scotland as housing stock increases 15/10/2019
- Omitting carbon emissions from Part L could have huge implications for HVAC industry, says GDHV 15/10/2019
- AHF invests in Scotland’s small town landmark buildings 15/10/2019
Daily Archives: 04/12/2018
IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses…
Each issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context features a selection of quotations and recent takes on all aspects historic building conservation, but can you identify who made these statements below, relating to accessibility and perceptions of SPAB, which are … Continue reading
A short film by Masters in Architecture students at the University of Sheffield is now available on YouTube that explores future community-focussed visions for Meersbrook Hall, based on extensive research into its history as the Ruskin Museum (1890-1953). image: Sheffield … Continue reading
Scotland’s Historic Environment Audit (SHEA) 2018 is now out and its lead officer in Historic Environment Scotland (HES), Karen Robertson, has offered her personal blog looking at the trends and findings.
Civic Voice – England’s link body for local Civic Trusts – has now made available another tool to help guide community groups interested on enhancing local conservation areas, a resource developed as part of Civic Voice’s Big Conservation Conversation and … Continue reading
The chairman of the Specialist Engineering Contractors’ (SEC) Group wants to government to set up a statutory authority to regulate construction industry practice. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has reported on how the ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online toolkit is now available, together with accompanying report ‘The State of Heritage Funding Now.’ image BEFS website
Local councillors have declared Birley Spa Bath House in Sheffield to be an Asset of Community Value.
New research has been published to help understand the visitor and non-visitor value of cultural engagement at 4 cultural institutions in England, and to test whether economic values for cultural sites can be transferred to similar sites in England.
In November 2018, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) launched the UK’s first nationwide architectural learning programme aimed at schoolchildren.
The BBC has reported on how campaigners fighting to restore the 122-year-old Shotley Pier for public use have revealed new designs for the Victorian structure.