Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Keynote speakers at the IHBC Annual Schools 2018/19: sharing heritage AND risk and resilience 11/12/2018
- IHBC raises objections in high-level Trailblazer Apprenticeship for ‘Historic Environment Advisors’ 11/12/2018
- DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost! 11/12/2018
- BRE and USGBC announce new partnership 11/12/2018
- Historic England Angel Award Winners 2018 Revealed 11/12/2018
- Civic Voice launches fundraising campaign to respond to Building Beautiful Commission 11/12/2018
- Scotland’s new archaeology strategy launched 11/12/2018
- Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year 11/12/2018
- Online archive of Landmark’s ‘History Albums’ now accessible 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
Daily Archives: 13/11/2018
IHBC Scotland Branch free – YES ‘FREE’ – CPD Conference with AGM – ‘Design at the Water’s Edge’, Dundee, 29 Nov., includes V&A tour; Book by 25 Nov. as numbers are limited!
The IHBC’s Scotland Branch will host its FREE national Conference ‘Design at the Water’s Edge’, including the Branch AGM, in Dundee on 29 November, to include a tour of Dundee’s new V&A, asking ‘How do we assess new design in … Continue reading
Sourcing information from Historic England, The Heritage Alliance, BEFS and others, the IHBC offers members this brief and qualified digest of select heritage and conservation related matters in the recent budget, covering Skills, Celebration and Investment, while users also will … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: First stage of a project to restore historic Burton-in-Kendal buildings lauded by The Westmoreland Gazette
THE first phase of a project to help restore important buildings in one of South Lakeland’s most historic villages Burton-in-Kendal is now underway and celebrated in The Westmoreland Gazette.
For the first time in nearly 70 years, the public will have their say on how the country’s most cherished landscapes can be enhanced for future generations, with the call for evidence closing on 18 December. image: P Badcock
£5M boost from CITB to get hard-to-reach candidates into construction with new Pathways into Construction
CITB’s biggest-ever funding opportunity has opened, with a £5 million commission to help under-represented groups into the construction industry.
Sara Crofts, a Full Member of the IHBC, has been announced as the new Chief Executive of the Institute of Conservation (ICON). image Sara Crofts
Nearly 3000 visitors came to the SPAB’s first ever Old House Show at the Old Royal Naval College (ORNC), Greenwich in September.
Showcasing the best in practical conservation, the SPAB’s two days (7-8 September) Old House Show attracted building professionals, homeowners, enthusiasts and those interested in developing a career in the heritage sector.
Heritage volunteers from across Scotland gathered at Glasgow’s City Chambers on Monday 22nd October as the winners of the fourth Scottish Heritage Angel Awards were revealed.
Pugin Society: Illustrator of children’s book inspired by Pugin’s Gothic vision – ‘Bringing Pugin to a younger readership’
The Pugin Society reports on how James Robinson, illustrator of the new children’s book, Mr Pugin, was inspired by the architect’s ideas on life and buildings and wanted to bring these to a young readership.