Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Yearbook web resource launched: ‘Look back with pride (and perspective)… to IHBC 2007 and after’ 18/05/2019
- Staff changes at the IHBC: Carla (Support@ihbc.org.uk) moves on now, Kate (LETS@ihbc.org.uk) after 2019 Nottingham School – backups and replacements planned 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2M+ costed opportunities this week: RSPB Cymru seeks team for the Lake Vyrnwy Experience Project, closing 3/06, valued at £1.2M 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Lidl car park could wipe out nationally important historic monument in Carmarthen 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight: Cliff Hague says ‘We risk losing Edinburgh’s Princes Street Gardens… forever’ 18/05/2019
- Planning Inspectorate announces search for recruit 20 senior inspectors: Closing 30 May 18/05/2019
- Westminster: Legislative plans for Olympics-style body to oversee restoration works 18/05/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland surveys stakeholders about ‘role in the planning system’: 6 minute survey closes 6 June 18/05/2019
- Empty dwelling management orders hit all-time low 18/05/2019
- ‘New-build homes not fire safe’, BBC investigation finds 18/05/2019
- Conservation joint research call for Analysis; Values; At Risk, and ‘Layered conservation’ – Closing 3 September 2019 18/05/2019
- Now you can get a degree in carving from City & Guilds of London Art School 18/05/2019
- Ever wondered ‘How Venice Works’, with 124 Islands, 183 Canals & 438 Bridges 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s Council+ on help from ‘MATEs’ and much more: from AGM previews to accreditation and CPD, support, scrutiny and certification 14/05/2019
- Historic buildings on fire – Fisons Victorian factory near Ipswich destroyed, yet another sad prompt on the IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 14 Coventry historical sites ‘at risk of neglect, decay or vandalism’, newest is Holy Trinity Church 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans submitted for demolition of meeting hall attached to GII Friends Meeting House 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’ following the Stone Show, from The Stonespecialist: ‘Housebuilding and increasing the role of stone’ 14/05/2019
- MSPs urged to drop Planning Bill’s extra duties 14/05/2019
- Civic Voice: Member survey stats show communities want conversation on building homes to move towards ‘collaboration’, away from current ‘confrontation’ 14/05/2019
- Public Accounts Committee opens planning and housing inquiry 14/05/2019
- Ecclesiastical launches £1m fund for charities 14/05/2019
- Joint drive to combat heritage crime in Scotland 14/05/2019
- Debris drops on to street after scaffolding collapse near new police HQ site on Grosvenor Street, Everton 14/05/2019
- Highways England pours £4 million into canal restoration scheme 14/05/2019
Daily Archives: 13/11/2018
IHBC Scotland Branch free – YES ‘FREE’ – CPD Conference with AGM – ‘Design at the Water’s Edge’, Dundee, 29 Nov., includes V&A tour; Book by 25 Nov. as numbers are limited!
The IHBC’s Scotland Branch will host its FREE national Conference ‘Design at the Water’s Edge’, including the Branch AGM, in Dundee on 29 November, to include a tour of Dundee’s new V&A, asking ‘How do we assess new design in … Continue reading
Sourcing information from Historic England, The Heritage Alliance, BEFS and others, the IHBC offers members this brief and qualified digest of select heritage and conservation related matters in the recent budget, covering Skills, Celebration and Investment, while users also will … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: First stage of a project to restore historic Burton-in-Kendal buildings lauded by The Westmoreland Gazette
THE first phase of a project to help restore important buildings in one of South Lakeland’s most historic villages Burton-in-Kendal is now underway and celebrated in The Westmoreland Gazette.
For the first time in nearly 70 years, the public will have their say on how the country’s most cherished landscapes can be enhanced for future generations, with the call for evidence closing on 18 December. image: P Badcock
£5M boost from CITB to get hard-to-reach candidates into construction with new Pathways into Construction
CITB’s biggest-ever funding opportunity has opened, with a £5 million commission to help under-represented groups into the construction industry.
Sara Crofts, a Full Member of the IHBC, has been announced as the new Chief Executive of the Institute of Conservation (ICON). image Sara Crofts
Nearly 3000 visitors came to the SPAB’s first ever Old House Show at the Old Royal Naval College (ORNC), Greenwich in September.
Showcasing the best in practical conservation, the SPAB’s two days (7-8 September) Old House Show attracted building professionals, homeowners, enthusiasts and those interested in developing a career in the heritage sector.
Heritage volunteers from across Scotland gathered at Glasgow’s City Chambers on Monday 22nd October as the winners of the fourth Scottish Heritage Angel Awards were revealed.
Pugin Society: Illustrator of children’s book inspired by Pugin’s Gothic vision – ‘Bringing Pugin to a younger readership’
The Pugin Society reports on how James Robinson, illustrator of the new children’s book, Mr Pugin, was inspired by the architect’s ideas on life and buildings and wanted to bring these to a young readership.