Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Keynote speakers at the IHBC Annual Schools 2018/19: sharing heritage AND risk and resilience 11/12/2018
- IHBC raises objections in high-level Trailblazer Apprenticeship for ‘Historic Environment Advisors’ 11/12/2018
- DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost! 11/12/2018
- BRE and USGBC announce new partnership 11/12/2018
- Historic England Angel Award Winners 2018 Revealed 11/12/2018
- Civic Voice launches fundraising campaign to respond to Building Beautiful Commission 11/12/2018
- Scotland’s new archaeology strategy launched 11/12/2018
- Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year 11/12/2018
- Online archive of Landmark’s ‘History Albums’ now accessible 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
Daily Archives: 06/11/2018
There’s lots on across the IHBC this November and after, from CPD events and MATE accreditation support sessions to AGMs and more. If you need more guidance to upgrade your conservation accreditation with us, and in line with national and … Continue reading
Context 156 – which reports on the 2018 Belfast School, ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – highlights activities, talks and tours that range across much of Northern Ireland, and if you would like a peek into an example of community heritage challenges, … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Restaurant plans for one of Bradford’s (and the UK’s) most ‘at risk’ Victorian buildings
Plans to turn a former school building in Bradford – the Grade II* Gothic style Feversham Street First School, recently described as one of the most ‘at risk’ Victorian buildings in the UK – into a restaurant, have been reported … Continue reading
Cadw’s Understanding Listing in Wales is intended to help anyone who wants or needs to know why and how buildings are listed and provides an introduction for owners, occupiers and agents about what listing means for them.
Wentworth Castle Gardens future improves with partnership discussions progressing toward 2019 reopening
The future of one of the country’s greatest 18th-century landscapes looks more secure following discussions between the National Trust, Barnsley Council and The Northern College as they work together to secure the future of the Wentworth Castle Gardens with a … Continue reading
Scottish Parliament’s ‘Culture, Tourism, Europe and External Relations Committee’ SPICe Brexit update now out
The Scottish Parliament’s SPICe update on Brexit, from its Culture, Tourism, Europe and External Relations Committee is now out.
Update on new housing etc., building safety, PD and Commonwealth Games legacy measures consultations update from MHCLG
The Ministry for Housing Community and Local Government (MHCLG) has announced a forthcoming consultation on further measures to make better use of land and vacant buildings to deliver housing, including the introduction of a new permitted development (PD) right ‘to … Continue reading
The British Council has recently launched a report entitled ‘Cultural Heritage for Inclusive Growth’, to share findings of a consultation and international research into cultural heritage for inclusive growth.
Parliamentary HCLG Committee reports on Land Value Capture: ‘Reform taxes and charges to claim more’ and consider ‘Local Infrastructure Tariff’
The Housing, Communities and Local Government(HCLG) Committee of the House of Commons has published the report from its inquiry into land value capture, with conclusions including that ‘There is scope for central and local government to claim a greater proportion … Continue reading
Bradford celebrates National Lottery award support for Townscape Heritage Scheme, ‘Top of the Town’.
Bradford Council has celebrated confirmation of a National Lottery grant of just under £2M for the Bradford City Centre Townscape Heritage Scheme, ‘Top of the Town’.
The first images of how the remarkable cylindrical lift at the former Battersea Power Station will look when it launches in 2021 were released by the developers of the £9 billion regeneration scheme.