Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 26/10/2018
One-year IHBC ‘taster’ free for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses: IHBC’s free student membership ‘taster’ offer now extended to 2018-19*
IHBC free membership ‘one-time tasters’ are again on offer to new students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses – simply JOIN ONLINE!
IHBC ‘Update’ on LPOC’s petition: ‘Signatories have passed 10,000 – and now government will respond – but now let’s aim for 100,000, and a real parliamentary debate by getting friends and colleagues signing too’!
The Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, supported by the IHBC, has passed 10,000 signatures, so the government will now respond formally, while IHBC Chair James Caird said: … Continue reading
HE, IHBC SW Branch and partners conference: ‘Reducing risk of fire in thatched buildings’, 13 Nov, Exeter; Free, but book by 9 Nov!
Historic England [HE] in partnership with the IHBC’s South West (SW) Branch and Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service, are hosting a free conference on ‘Reducing risk of fire in thatched buildings’, in Exeter on 13 November, with booking closing on 9 … Continue reading
IHBC Reminder: Historic Environment Scotland (HES) consultation on draft Corporate Plan closes 2 Nov – respond now!
Historic Environment Scotland’s (HES) consultation on its draft ‘Corporate Plan’ closes on 2 November, so your last chance to respond to his critical draft document is approaching fast!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.4M+ costed work this week: Home Group seeks collaborative teams embracing ‘our vision on community building’, closing 25/01/2019, £1.4M value
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week features a call from … Continue reading
IHBC’s Context CPD in context: Does the IHBC help you as a modern heritage professional? Did you know that 94% of IHBC survey respondents are ‘likely or very likely’ to recommend IHBC membership?
In Context No 156 – ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – the Director’s Cut looks at how improvements in the operation of the IHBC help make your institute more accessible to aspiring conservation professionals, and you become more involved in the life … Continue reading
A council has taken ownership of a derelict Victorian hospital via a ‘general vesting declaration’, five years after a dispute about the site’s future got under way.
A private landlord who illegally modernised an historic house in Brighton – Grade II-listed Ewhurst Manor, built in the late 16th century – has been told by a judge to pay out more than £82,000, as ‘Despite poor advice from … Continue reading
Lord Elis-Thomas AM, Wales’ Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sport, has published its ‘Priorities for the Historic Environment of Wales’.
New research from Historic Houses – Heritage Maintenance Fund tax changes could add £85M to the economy!
Historic Houses, which represents 1,650 independent owners of grade I and II* buildings (and their equivalents) across the UK, has published new research on Heritage Maintenance Funds –privately established funds for buildings of national significance open to the public – … Continue reading
Builders spend 2 ½ years driving their van over the course of their working lives and almost one year trying to locate a particular tool, according to new research by the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).