Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 26/10/2018
One-year IHBC ‘taster’ free for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses: IHBC’s free student membership ‘taster’ offer now extended to 2018-19*
IHBC free membership ‘one-time tasters’ are again on offer to new students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses – simply JOIN ONLINE!
IHBC ‘Update’ on LPOC’s petition: ‘Signatories have passed 10,000 – and now government will respond – but now let’s aim for 100,000, and a real parliamentary debate by getting friends and colleagues signing too’!
The Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, supported by the IHBC, has passed 10,000 signatures, so the government will now respond formally, while IHBC Chair James Caird said: … Continue reading
HE, IHBC SW Branch and partners conference: ‘Reducing risk of fire in thatched buildings’, 13 Nov, Exeter; Free, but book by 9 Nov!
Historic England [HE] in partnership with the IHBC’s South West (SW) Branch and Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service, are hosting a free conference on ‘Reducing risk of fire in thatched buildings’, in Exeter on 13 November, with booking closing on 9 … Continue reading
IHBC Reminder: Historic Environment Scotland (HES) consultation on draft Corporate Plan closes 2 Nov – respond now!
Historic Environment Scotland’s (HES) consultation on its draft ‘Corporate Plan’ closes on 2 November, so your last chance to respond to his critical draft document is approaching fast!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.4M+ costed work this week: Home Group seeks collaborative teams embracing ‘our vision on community building’, closing 25/01/2019, £1.4M value
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, and the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week features a call from … Continue reading
IHBC’s Context CPD in context: Does the IHBC help you as a modern heritage professional? Did you know that 94% of IHBC survey respondents are ‘likely or very likely’ to recommend IHBC membership?
In Context No 156 – ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – the Director’s Cut looks at how improvements in the operation of the IHBC help make your institute more accessible to aspiring conservation professionals, and you become more involved in the life … Continue reading
A council has taken ownership of a derelict Victorian hospital via a ‘general vesting declaration’, five years after a dispute about the site’s future got under way.
A private landlord who illegally modernised an historic house in Brighton – Grade II-listed Ewhurst Manor, built in the late 16th century – has been told by a judge to pay out more than £82,000, as ‘Despite poor advice from … Continue reading
Lord Elis-Thomas AM, Wales’ Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sport, has published its ‘Priorities for the Historic Environment of Wales’.
New research from Historic Houses – Heritage Maintenance Fund tax changes could add £85M to the economy!
Historic Houses, which represents 1,650 independent owners of grade I and II* buildings (and their equivalents) across the UK, has published new research on Heritage Maintenance Funds –privately established funds for buildings of national significance open to the public – … Continue reading
Builders spend 2 ½ years driving their van over the course of their working lives and almost one year trying to locate a particular tool, according to new research by the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).