Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on disaster recovery and the ‘Phoenix Case Study’: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 17/09/2019
- IHBC prompt: Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards – call for 2019 nominations open until 4 October 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (cultural) doorstep’: Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways to recapture former glories with Heritage Fund grant 17/09/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: The pleasures and perils of architectural research – from our Highlands and Islands issue 17/09/2019
- Reflecting on #IHBCNottingham2019: Fire engulfs Grade II-listed Horncliffe Mansion 17/09/2019
- Lawyers put 100 local authorities on notice over climate inaction 17/09/2019
- North Somerset Council serves Birnbeck Pier repairs notice 17/09/2019
- Manchester College launches new industry-sponsored Architectural and Construction Engineering Scholarship for 16-18 year olds 17/09/2019
- New petition to save Whitechapel Bell Foundry 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s free, first-timer ‘taster’ membership for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* 13/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too! 13/09/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, now including conservation threats and legislation: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £1.4M+ opportunities this week: Services for Birmingham Hippodrome sought, closing 04/10 13/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost: DBW on ‘Design and build: feasibility studies’ 13/09/2019
- Looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020: THA’s September Heritage Chat on ‘Regeneration of Historic High Streets’ 13/09/2019
- European Heritage Awards 2020 – Last chance to vote: Closing 15 Sept 13/09/2019
- Reminder: Applications for Churchill Fellowships close 17 September 13/09/2019
- New Heritage Minister – Helen Whately MP 13/09/2019
- HES launches Caerlaverock Castle app: ‘Castle Quest 13/09/2019
- IHBC’s Twitter followers pass 10.5k… and why this is good news for everyone! 10/09/2019
- Don’t forget IHBC London’s 2019 conference: ‘From Bauhaus to Brutalism and Beyond’ – Conserving Post-war Buildings & Places, 2 October 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Experts refuse to list Wolverton’s controversial Agora as an historic building 10/09/2019
- IHBC CPD boost, on ‘planned preventative maintenance’ (PPM) and technology, from construction’s mainstream and via DBW 10/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: Annotating and revealing the historic landscape – and reproducing it – from the Highlands and Islands 10/09/2019
- England’s councils accused of ‘restricting’ retail to residential conversions 10/09/2019
Daily Archives: 23/10/2018
IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 launched: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School, simply submit coursework online – closing 31 July 2019!
The IHBC’s annual Gus Astley Student Award for 2019 has been launched, and, as usual, closes on 31 July, so if you have relevant coursework from any UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2018 OR 2019 – be … Continue reading
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
The IHBC has upgraded its specialist website on ‘Local Authority Skills’ to make it ‘mobile friendly’, so it is more accessible for anyone using mobile technology such as smart phones and iPads etc.
A diving platform at the Lido in Stratford Park in Stroud, Gloucestershire has been granted Grade II listed status following one of the busiest summers yet, in another local heritage success celebrated by Gloucestershire Live. (Image: Rachael Lythgoe)
Since the Brexit vote, there has been a great deal of policy debate and focus on ‘left-behind’ towns, and whether consecutive governments have focused too much on cities at the expense of smaller places, an issue that a Centre for … Continue reading
The Victoria Theatre on Great Clowes Street was once home to the stars before becoming an entertainment hub but is now in a derelict state, the Manchester Evening News reports, although, ‘despite being falling into major disrepair, the historic building … Continue reading
Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018
Scotland’s Towns Partnership (STP) wants to hear from organisations, groups and individuals who have used the Place Standard, and from people who haven’t, in a new survey!
Stretching from one side of the country to the other, Hadrian’s Wall in northern England and the Antonine Wall in central Scotland are to benefit from over £2million of National Lottery funding. image: By Michael Hanselmann [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], … Continue reading
Nominations for the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Awards for Planning Awards Excellence are now open through to 14 December 2018.
A new Natural & Cultural Heritage Fund, led by Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) will support projects that encourage visitors to experience more of the unique nature and culture of the Highlands & Islands. image by Fiona Newton