Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 23/10/2018
IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 launched: Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School, simply submit coursework online – closing 31 July 2019!
The IHBC’s annual Gus Astley Student Award for 2019 has been launched, and, as usual, closes on 31 July, so if you have relevant coursework from any UK taught course – under-graduate or post-graduate, from 2018 OR 2019 – be … Continue reading
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
The IHBC has upgraded its specialist website on ‘Local Authority Skills’ to make it ‘mobile friendly’, so it is more accessible for anyone using mobile technology such as smart phones and iPads etc.
A diving platform at the Lido in Stratford Park in Stroud, Gloucestershire has been granted Grade II listed status following one of the busiest summers yet, in another local heritage success celebrated by Gloucestershire Live. (Image: Rachael Lythgoe)
Since the Brexit vote, there has been a great deal of policy debate and focus on ‘left-behind’ towns, and whether consecutive governments have focused too much on cities at the expense of smaller places, an issue that a Centre for … Continue reading
The Victoria Theatre on Great Clowes Street was once home to the stars before becoming an entertainment hub but is now in a derelict state, the Manchester Evening News reports, although, ‘despite being falling into major disrepair, the historic building … Continue reading
Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018
Scotland’s Towns Partnership (STP) wants to hear from organisations, groups and individuals who have used the Place Standard, and from people who haven’t, in a new survey!
Stretching from one side of the country to the other, Hadrian’s Wall in northern England and the Antonine Wall in central Scotland are to benefit from over £2million of National Lottery funding. image: By Michael Hanselmann [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], … Continue reading
Nominations for the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Awards for Planning Awards Excellence are now open through to 14 December 2018.
A new Natural & Cultural Heritage Fund, led by Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) will support projects that encourage visitors to experience more of the unique nature and culture of the Highlands & Islands. image by Fiona Newton