Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
- HES Seeks views on ‘Managing Change’ documents on Listed Buildings: Closing 15 Feb! 11/01/2019
- Cadw’s new website in 2019, seeks early input 11/01/2019
- Don’t dump the rule book under pressure, Ombudsman warns councils, or lose corporate memory through restructuring 11/01/2019
- Dumfries mill could become ‘bricks and mortar festival tent’: BBC on DHBT 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Welcome to the New Year’ 2: Nominate for the IHBC Marsh Awards 2019 – Celebrate OUTSTANDING retired IHBC members, and SUCCESSFUL new Heritage Learners – Closing 28 Feb! 09/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Renovation of Oxford’s historic Jam Factory building nears completion 09/01/2019
- Dounreay nuclear reactor, Scotland’s oldest, to go, as demolition contract awarded 09/01/2019
- Bid to reopen Flintshire’s Shotton steelworks’ John Summers building 09/01/2019
- Civic Voice plans for 2019: More Conservation Area advocacy via 50th anniversaries in its ‘Big Conservation Conversation’! 09/01/2019
- CIOB Parliamentary Reception launches call for improving quality in the built environment 09/01/2019
- Programme to support placemaking at local level launched 09/01/2019
Daily Archives: 20/10/2018
IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February
Opening webpages for the IHBC’s 2019 School in Nottingham – on 4th-6th July 2019 on the theme of ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’- have been launched, offering an extended Homepage with links to venues and promotional opportunities, to … Continue reading
Local Authority conservation capacity in England: A small annual increase in conservation capacity follows years of conservation cuts. But still aggregates at 35% cuts over the last 12 years.
IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair
The IHBC is delighted to welcome as judge for the 2018 IHBC Gus Astley Student Awards – and guest at the 2019 Nottingham Annual School where the Awards will be presented – Ingval Maxwell OBE, Chair of COTAC (Council on … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and supported also by other leading industry organisations including ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA’ – also offers a handy guide on contributing articles, which can help your … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The South London Press & Mercury has highlighted how MP Matthew Pennycook, who represents Greenwich and Woolwich, has attracted thousands of signatures to a petition to Government against the closure of Grade II* (GII*) listed Woolwich Barracks.
Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’
Dame Judith Hackitt has told a conference she was ‘truly shocked’ by standards in the construction industry when researching her report – the ‘Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety’ – and called for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to … Continue reading
A new Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) partnership has been launched in Edinburgh to help meet the demand for stonemasonry skills to protect and preserve Scotland’s iconic buildings.
An historic island fortress has been put up for sale with a guide price of £6m.
A report by Nicolas Bosetti and Tom Colthorpe ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ has been launched, which looks at planning in the public realm, accommodating growth, community and public services.
The Historic England Angel Awards, founded by Andrew Lloyd Webber and are co-funded by the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, celebrate the efforts of people taking action to champion their local heritage, while for the 2018 Awards there are 15 finalists … Continue reading
One of Cambridge University’s imposing college gates at Christ’s College Cambridge has been restored with a ‘paint job’ that has taken four years to complete.