Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 20/10/2018
IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February
Opening webpages for the IHBC’s 2019 School in Nottingham – on 4th-6th July 2019 on the theme of ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’- have been launched, offering an extended Homepage with links to venues and promotional opportunities, to … Continue reading
Local Authority conservation capacity in England: A small annual increase in conservation capacity follows years of conservation cuts. But still aggregates at 35% cuts over the last 12 years.
IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair
The IHBC is delighted to welcome as judge for the 2018 IHBC Gus Astley Student Awards – and guest at the 2019 Nottingham Annual School where the Awards will be presented – Ingval Maxwell OBE, Chair of COTAC (Council on … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and supported also by other leading industry organisations including ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA’ – also offers a handy guide on contributing articles, which can help your … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The South London Press & Mercury has highlighted how MP Matthew Pennycook, who represents Greenwich and Woolwich, has attracted thousands of signatures to a petition to Government against the closure of Grade II* (GII*) listed Woolwich Barracks.
Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’
Dame Judith Hackitt has told a conference she was ‘truly shocked’ by standards in the construction industry when researching her report – the ‘Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety’ – and called for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to … Continue reading
A new Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) partnership has been launched in Edinburgh to help meet the demand for stonemasonry skills to protect and preserve Scotland’s iconic buildings.
An historic island fortress has been put up for sale with a guide price of £6m.
A report by Nicolas Bosetti and Tom Colthorpe ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ has been launched, which looks at planning in the public realm, accommodating growth, community and public services.
The Historic England Angel Awards, founded by Andrew Lloyd Webber and are co-funded by the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, celebrate the efforts of people taking action to champion their local heritage, while for the 2018 Awards there are 15 finalists … Continue reading
One of Cambridge University’s imposing college gates at Christ’s College Cambridge has been restored with a ‘paint job’ that has taken four years to complete.