Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC voices scepticism at Government response to petition on VAT relief for ‘repairs and approved alterations to listed buildings’ 16/11/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £55K+ costed work this week: Historic England seeks Surveys and Statements for HAZ-related Bishop Auckland buildings, closing 29/11, £13-15K value 16/11/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Local Stop The Rot media and sector campaign could trigger success for community-backed Grimsby ‘turnaround’ 16/11/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Architect dubs Rochdale the ‘Venice of the North’ as part of HAZ-related training 16/11/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’ from The Consultation Institute: ‘Early stakeholder engagement and espousing experts essential ingredients for successful developers’ 16/11/2018
- IHBC CPD Boost via Designing Buildings WIKI: ‘What might Brexit mean for construction?’ 16/11/2018
- No 10 ‘slaps down’ Penny Mordaunt over plan to end UNESCO funding 16/11/2018
- Skilled worker shortage ‘worst in four years’ according to CECA 16/11/2018
- Canal & River Trust consults on restructure that puts 240 roles ‘at risk’ 16/11/2018
- Help CKTG improve construction industry knowledge by completing a survey on information access and constraints 16/11/2018
- HES consultation on new Historic Environment Policy (HEP) : Closes midnight, 3 December 2018 16/11/2018
- PLACE Alliance ‘BIG MEET 8: Artists and the Arts in Place-Making’ report available 16/11/2018
- IHBC Scotland Branch free – YES ‘FREE’ – CPD Conference with AGM – ‘Design at the Water’s Edge’, Dundee, 29 Nov., includes V&A tour; Book by 25 Nov. as numbers are limited! 13/11/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Budget in Brief’ heritage take on Skills, Celebration and Investment 13/11/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: First stage of a project to restore historic Burton-in-Kendal buildings lauded by The Westmoreland Gazette 13/11/2018
- Public to have say on England’s new National Parks – Call closes 18 December 13/11/2018
- £5M boost from CITB to get hard-to-reach candidates into construction with new Pathways into Construction 13/11/2018
- Sara Crofts IHBC appointed Chief Executive of ICON 13/11/2018
- Nearly 3000 visitors came to the SPAB’s first ever Old House Show at the Old Royal Naval College (ORNC), Greenwich in September. 13/11/2018
- AHF-supported projects win at the Scottish Heritage Angel Awards 13/11/2018
- Pugin Society: Illustrator of children’s book inspired by Pugin’s Gothic vision – ‘Bringing Pugin to a younger readership’ 13/11/2018
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: From conservation and heritage skills, to graphics, bat projects and more 10/11/2018
- Fire at Nottingham’s Cattle Market: More sad context in the host city for IHBC’s 2019 Annual School ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience’ 10/11/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £3.7M+ costed work this week: Historic England seeks HE L3 building record for Grimsby’s unlisted Cooperage, closing 13/11, £4-4.5K value 10/11/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 27 months jail for lead theft from Selby Abbey roof – by the York Press 10/11/2018
Daily Archives: 20/10/2018
IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February
Opening webpages for the IHBC’s 2019 School in Nottingham – on 4th-6th July 2019 on the theme of ‘Heritage, Risk & Resilience: confronting conservation calamities’- have been launched, offering an extended Homepage with links to venues and promotional opportunities, to … Continue reading
Local Authority conservation capacity in England: A small annual increase in conservation capacity follows years of conservation cuts. But still aggregates at 35% cuts over the last 12 years.
IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair
The IHBC is delighted to welcome as judge for the 2018 IHBC Gus Astley Student Awards – and guest at the 2019 Nottingham Annual School where the Awards will be presented – Ingval Maxwell OBE, Chair of COTAC (Council on … Continue reading
IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles
Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki and supported also by other leading industry organisations including ICE, CIOB, BRE, CIAT and BSRIA’ – also offers a handy guide on contributing articles, which can help your … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000.
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The South London Press & Mercury has highlighted how MP Matthew Pennycook, who represents Greenwich and Woolwich, has attracted thousands of signatures to a petition to Government against the closure of Grade II* (GII*) listed Woolwich Barracks.
Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’
Dame Judith Hackitt has told a conference she was ‘truly shocked’ by standards in the construction industry when researching her report – the ‘Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety’ – and called for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to … Continue reading
A new Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) partnership has been launched in Edinburgh to help meet the demand for stonemasonry skills to protect and preserve Scotland’s iconic buildings.
An historic island fortress has been put up for sale with a guide price of £6m.
A report by Nicolas Bosetti and Tom Colthorpe ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ has been launched, which looks at planning in the public realm, accommodating growth, community and public services.
The Historic England Angel Awards, founded by Andrew Lloyd Webber and are co-funded by the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation, celebrate the efforts of people taking action to champion their local heritage, while for the 2018 Awards there are 15 finalists … Continue reading
One of Cambridge University’s imposing college gates at Christ’s College Cambridge has been restored with a ‘paint job’ that has taken four years to complete.