Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Yearbook web resource launched: ‘Look back with pride (and perspective)… to IHBC 2007 and after’ 18/05/2019
- Staff changes at the IHBC: Carla (Support@ihbc.org.uk) moves on now, Kate (LETS@ihbc.org.uk) after 2019 Nottingham School – backups and replacements planned 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2M+ costed opportunities this week: RSPB Cymru seeks team for the Lake Vyrnwy Experience Project, closing 3/06, valued at £1.2M 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Lidl car park could wipe out nationally important historic monument in Carmarthen 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight: Cliff Hague says ‘We risk losing Edinburgh’s Princes Street Gardens… forever’ 18/05/2019
- Planning Inspectorate announces search for recruit 20 senior inspectors: Closing 30 May 18/05/2019
- Westminster: Legislative plans for Olympics-style body to oversee restoration works 18/05/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland surveys stakeholders about ‘role in the planning system’: 6 minute survey closes 6 June 18/05/2019
- Empty dwelling management orders hit all-time low 18/05/2019
- ‘New-build homes not fire safe’, BBC investigation finds 18/05/2019
- Conservation joint research call for Analysis; Values; At Risk, and ‘Layered conservation’ – Closing 3 September 2019 18/05/2019
- Now you can get a degree in carving from City & Guilds of London Art School 18/05/2019
- Ever wondered ‘How Venice Works’, with 124 Islands, 183 Canals & 438 Bridges 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s Council+ on help from ‘MATEs’ and much more: from AGM previews to accreditation and CPD, support, scrutiny and certification 14/05/2019
- Historic buildings on fire – Fisons Victorian factory near Ipswich destroyed, yet another sad prompt on the IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 14 Coventry historical sites ‘at risk of neglect, decay or vandalism’, newest is Holy Trinity Church 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans submitted for demolition of meeting hall attached to GII Friends Meeting House 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’ following the Stone Show, from The Stonespecialist: ‘Housebuilding and increasing the role of stone’ 14/05/2019
- MSPs urged to drop Planning Bill’s extra duties 14/05/2019
- Civic Voice: Member survey stats show communities want conversation on building homes to move towards ‘collaboration’, away from current ‘confrontation’ 14/05/2019
- Public Accounts Committee opens planning and housing inquiry 14/05/2019
- Ecclesiastical launches £1m fund for charities 14/05/2019
- Joint drive to combat heritage crime in Scotland 14/05/2019
- Debris drops on to street after scaffolding collapse near new police HQ site on Grosvenor Street, Everton 14/05/2019
- Highways England pours £4 million into canal restoration scheme 14/05/2019
Daily Archives: 12/10/2018
Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October!
This is the last chance to BOOK the IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – which focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by … Continue reading
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC’s South Branch conference on October 26 will look at ‘Modern architecture in historic settings’ with expert talks and site visits offering top-notch CPD with exceptional settings at the IHBC’s familiar value that includes: a specialist tour of Keble Triangle … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined
East Lindsey District Council has approved the adoption of a national first in modern conservation planning control, combining two Article 4 Directions with a Local Development Order (LDO). image: ‘Quality, Character and Townscape’ by Fiona Newton
The East Midlands Branch of the IHBC will be hosting an afternoon with Charles Mynors, the leading authority on heritage law, on Friday 9 November in the Lincoln City Council Chamber.
IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’
The IHBC is calling for signatories to the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, with the IHBC’s Chair stating that ‘it is perverse that repairs should be subject … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England
Wolverhampton’s historic Royal Hospital is a step closer to being converted under a £25 million project, according to a report in Express and Star News, but Homes England said ‘the costs involved with converting the nurses’ home into flats’, as … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The current Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) Chair, Dr Graeme Purves, is stepping down at the next AGM in December, and BEFS is inviting expressions of interest from potential candidates for the role, with a deadline of 22 October.
What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct!
Civic Voice’s shortlist of nominations for its ‘England’s Favourite Conservation Area’ award is open for votes, but closes on 16 October, and even if you don’t live in a nominated Area, you can vote now to show your support for … Continue reading
Following a challenge by SAVE, the Court of Appeal ruled on 4 October 2018 that ministers must abide by a published government policy and give reasons for call-in decisions on planning applications, which includes planning applications that were not called … Continue reading
Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ is open for applications, inviting both individuals and organisations to submit innovative ideas for positive change in their town or city neighbourhood, and closes 5pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018!
‘Audacious’ thieves have stolen an entire lead roof from a Grade I-listed church All Saint’s Houghton Conquest Bedfordshire.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) / National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) seeks a ‘Trustee’ for Scotland, closing 24 October, 12.00.
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH) and Food NI invite you to BAKE A BUILDING for the Big Building Bake Off at St. George’s Market, 29 October 12-3pm.