Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
- Scotland’s HE Audit now out 04/12/2018
- Civic Voice: Guidance tool for communities to identify local heritage assets 04/12/2018
- Specialist contractors call for government regulation of the construction industry 04/12/2018
- BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available 04/12/2018
- Sheffield Victorian spa declared Asset of Community Value 04/12/2018
- The economic value of culture: a benefit transfer study on museums in England 04/12/2018
- RIBA launches UK’s first nationwide architecture programme for schoolchildren 04/12/2018
- Shotley Pier campaign: New plans for 122-year-old structure revealed 04/12/2018
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Day School outline ONLINE • Sponsor opportunities available NOW • Booking & bursaries open FEBRUARY 01/12/2018
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Boost via HE+IHBC’s ‘easy access’ Webinar, 13 Dec: Enhancing conservation areas & townscapes with S.215s – Numbers limited so book now! 01/12/2018
- IHBC-STBA Tribute to Neil May, from John Preston IHBC 01/12/2018
Daily Archives: 12/10/2018
Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October!
This is the last chance to BOOK the IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – which focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by … Continue reading
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC’s South Branch conference on October 26 will look at ‘Modern architecture in historic settings’ with expert talks and site visits offering top-notch CPD with exceptional settings at the IHBC’s familiar value that includes: a specialist tour of Keble Triangle … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined
East Lindsey District Council has approved the adoption of a national first in modern conservation planning control, combining two Article 4 Directions with a Local Development Order (LDO). image: ‘Quality, Character and Townscape’ by Fiona Newton
The East Midlands Branch of the IHBC will be hosting an afternoon with Charles Mynors, the leading authority on heritage law, on Friday 9 November in the Lincoln City Council Chamber.
IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’
The IHBC is calling for signatories to the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, with the IHBC’s Chair stating that ‘it is perverse that repairs should be subject … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England
Wolverhampton’s historic Royal Hospital is a step closer to being converted under a £25 million project, according to a report in Express and Star News, but Homes England said ‘the costs involved with converting the nurses’ home into flats’, as … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The current Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) Chair, Dr Graeme Purves, is stepping down at the next AGM in December, and BEFS is inviting expressions of interest from potential candidates for the role, with a deadline of 22 October.
What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct!
Civic Voice’s shortlist of nominations for its ‘England’s Favourite Conservation Area’ award is open for votes, but closes on 16 October, and even if you don’t live in a nominated Area, you can vote now to show your support for … Continue reading
Following a challenge by SAVE, the Court of Appeal ruled on 4 October 2018 that ministers must abide by a published government policy and give reasons for call-in decisions on planning applications, which includes planning applications that were not called … Continue reading
Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ is open for applications, inviting both individuals and organisations to submit innovative ideas for positive change in their town or city neighbourhood, and closes 5pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018!
‘Audacious’ thieves have stolen an entire lead roof from a Grade I-listed church All Saint’s Houghton Conquest Bedfordshire.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) / National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) seeks a ‘Trustee’ for Scotland, closing 24 October, 12.00.
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH) and Food NI invite you to BAKE A BUILDING for the Big Building Bake Off at St. George’s Market, 29 October 12-3pm.