Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 12/10/2018
Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October!
This is the last chance to BOOK the IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – which focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by … Continue reading
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC’s South Branch conference on October 26 will look at ‘Modern architecture in historic settings’ with expert talks and site visits offering top-notch CPD with exceptional settings at the IHBC’s familiar value that includes: a specialist tour of Keble Triangle … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined
East Lindsey District Council has approved the adoption of a national first in modern conservation planning control, combining two Article 4 Directions with a Local Development Order (LDO). image: ‘Quality, Character and Townscape’ by Fiona Newton
The East Midlands Branch of the IHBC will be hosting an afternoon with Charles Mynors, the leading authority on heritage law, on Friday 9 November in the Lincoln City Council Chamber.
IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’
The IHBC is calling for signatories to the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, with the IHBC’s Chair stating that ‘it is perverse that repairs should be subject … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England
Wolverhampton’s historic Royal Hospital is a step closer to being converted under a £25 million project, according to a report in Express and Star News, but Homes England said ‘the costs involved with converting the nurses’ home into flats’, as … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The current Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) Chair, Dr Graeme Purves, is stepping down at the next AGM in December, and BEFS is inviting expressions of interest from potential candidates for the role, with a deadline of 22 October.
What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct!
Civic Voice’s shortlist of nominations for its ‘England’s Favourite Conservation Area’ award is open for votes, but closes on 16 October, and even if you don’t live in a nominated Area, you can vote now to show your support for … Continue reading
Following a challenge by SAVE, the Court of Appeal ruled on 4 October 2018 that ministers must abide by a published government policy and give reasons for call-in decisions on planning applications, which includes planning applications that were not called … Continue reading
Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ is open for applications, inviting both individuals and organisations to submit innovative ideas for positive change in their town or city neighbourhood, and closes 5pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018!
‘Audacious’ thieves have stolen an entire lead roof from a Grade I-listed church All Saint’s Houghton Conquest Bedfordshire.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) / National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) seeks a ‘Trustee’ for Scotland, closing 24 October, 12.00.
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH) and Food NI invite you to BAKE A BUILDING for the Big Building Bake Off at St. George’s Market, 29 October 12-3pm.