Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 12/10/2018
Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October!
This is the last chance to BOOK the IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – which focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by … Continue reading
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC’s South Branch conference on October 26 will look at ‘Modern architecture in historic settings’ with expert talks and site visits offering top-notch CPD with exceptional settings at the IHBC’s familiar value that includes: a specialist tour of Keble Triangle … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined
East Lindsey District Council has approved the adoption of a national first in modern conservation planning control, combining two Article 4 Directions with a Local Development Order (LDO). image: ‘Quality, Character and Townscape’ by Fiona Newton
The East Midlands Branch of the IHBC will be hosting an afternoon with Charles Mynors, the leading authority on heritage law, on Friday 9 November in the Lincoln City Council Chamber.
IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’
The IHBC is calling for signatories to the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, with the IHBC’s Chair stating that ‘it is perverse that repairs should be subject … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England
Wolverhampton’s historic Royal Hospital is a step closer to being converted under a £25 million project, according to a report in Express and Star News, but Homes England said ‘the costs involved with converting the nurses’ home into flats’, as … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The current Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) Chair, Dr Graeme Purves, is stepping down at the next AGM in December, and BEFS is inviting expressions of interest from potential candidates for the role, with a deadline of 22 October.
What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct!
Civic Voice’s shortlist of nominations for its ‘England’s Favourite Conservation Area’ award is open for votes, but closes on 16 October, and even if you don’t live in a nominated Area, you can vote now to show your support for … Continue reading
Following a challenge by SAVE, the Court of Appeal ruled on 4 October 2018 that ministers must abide by a published government policy and give reasons for call-in decisions on planning applications, which includes planning applications that were not called … Continue reading
Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ is open for applications, inviting both individuals and organisations to submit innovative ideas for positive change in their town or city neighbourhood, and closes 5pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018!
‘Audacious’ thieves have stolen an entire lead roof from a Grade I-listed church All Saint’s Houghton Conquest Bedfordshire.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) / National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) seeks a ‘Trustee’ for Scotland, closing 24 October, 12.00.
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH) and Food NI invite you to BAKE A BUILDING for the Big Building Bake Off at St. George’s Market, 29 October 12-3pm.