Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Fit for the Future, seeking mutual benefits from tighter links with a key environmental sustainability network 20/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top notch CPD conference from the NW: Authoritative takes on ‘Accessibility’ – barriers to solutions – Liverpool, 10 Oct… with tours too! 20/09/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £97M+ opportunities this week: Design Competition for Museum Group, closing 16/10, valued £1.8M 20/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the barstool’: Kray Twins historic pub saved from last orders in major campaign, from The Mirror 20/09/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: Shared ‘hubs’ urged for bankless towns 20/09/2019
- Major LB prosecution fine for unauthorized works secured by Westminster CC, for basement works on GII Listed Building: £162,300 20/09/2019
- Protecting Scotland’s Future: Programme for Government 2019-20 20/09/2019
- National Trust Annual Report: Membership surge & record £148m conservation and restoration spend 20/09/2019
- England: 100 places to benefit from new Towns Fund 20/09/2019
- Transport Secretary acts on HS2 ancient woodland clearances during Oakervee review 20/09/2019
- Historic England National Capacity Building Programme 2020/2021: Call for applications 20/09/2019
- RTPI to convene annual summit of heads of planning: ‘HOPE’ 20/09/2019
- Association of Heritage Engineers to re-introduce title of ‘Master Craftsman’ into heritage engineering 20/09/2019
- Wiki Loves Monuments UK: Part of the world’s largest photo contest, so join in during September 20/09/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on disaster recovery and the ‘Phoenix Case Study’: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 17/09/2019
- IHBC prompt: Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards – call for 2019 nominations open until 4 October 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (cultural) doorstep’: Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways to recapture former glories with Heritage Fund grant 17/09/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: The pleasures and perils of architectural research – from our Highlands and Islands issue 17/09/2019
- Reflecting on #IHBCNottingham2019: Fire engulfs Grade II-listed Horncliffe Mansion 17/09/2019
- Lawyers put 100 local authorities on notice over climate inaction 17/09/2019
- North Somerset Council serves Birnbeck Pier repairs notice 17/09/2019
- Manchester College launches new industry-sponsored Architectural and Construction Engineering Scholarship for 16-18 year olds 17/09/2019
- New petition to save Whitechapel Bell Foundry 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s free, first-timer ‘taster’ membership for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* 13/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too! 13/09/2019
Daily Archives: 12/10/2018
Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October!
This is the last chance to BOOK the IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – which focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by … Continue reading
IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct
IHBC’s South Branch conference on October 26 will look at ‘Modern architecture in historic settings’ with expert talks and site visits offering top-notch CPD with exceptional settings at the IHBC’s familiar value that includes: a specialist tour of Keble Triangle … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined
East Lindsey District Council has approved the adoption of a national first in modern conservation planning control, combining two Article 4 Directions with a Local Development Order (LDO). image: ‘Quality, Character and Townscape’ by Fiona Newton
The East Midlands Branch of the IHBC will be hosting an afternoon with Charles Mynors, the leading authority on heritage law, on Friday 9 November in the Lincoln City Council Chamber.
IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’
The IHBC is calling for signatories to the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, with the IHBC’s Chair stating that ‘it is perverse that repairs should be subject … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England
Wolverhampton’s historic Royal Hospital is a step closer to being converted under a £25 million project, according to a report in Express and Star News, but Homes England said ‘the costs involved with converting the nurses’ home into flats’, as … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
The current Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) Chair, Dr Graeme Purves, is stepping down at the next AGM in December, and BEFS is inviting expressions of interest from potential candidates for the role, with a deadline of 22 October.
What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct!
Civic Voice’s shortlist of nominations for its ‘England’s Favourite Conservation Area’ award is open for votes, but closes on 16 October, and even if you don’t live in a nominated Area, you can vote now to show your support for … Continue reading
Following a challenge by SAVE, the Court of Appeal ruled on 4 October 2018 that ministers must abide by a published government policy and give reasons for call-in decisions on planning applications, which includes planning applications that were not called … Continue reading
Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ is open for applications, inviting both individuals and organisations to submit innovative ideas for positive change in their town or city neighbourhood, and closes 5pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018!
‘Audacious’ thieves have stolen an entire lead roof from a Grade I-listed church All Saint’s Houghton Conquest Bedfordshire.
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) / National Heritage Memorial Fund (NHMF) seeks a ‘Trustee’ for Scotland, closing 24 October, 12.00.
Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH) and Food NI invite you to BAKE A BUILDING for the Big Building Bake Off at St. George’s Market, 29 October 12-3pm.