Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 09/10/2018
IHBC’s ‘Belfast School’ Context now out: ‘Our shared heritage’, with thanks to all, including Main School Sponsor and HESPR member ‘Heritage Collective’
The latest issue of the IHBC’s membership journal Context is now out, reporting on the IHBC’s 2018 Annual School, Belfast – themed on ‘Our shared heritage’ and with reviews coordinated by Tom Copp – and including the usual plethora of … Continue reading
All IHBC members should have received their digital Members Eletter update, for September, while as many spam filters have been adjusted lately, if you are missing yours please do let us know!
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Planners back bid to demolish parts of historic Aberdeen landmark
Planners have recommended flattening a historic Aberdeen landmark to make way for a £100 million ‘urban village’, reports The Evening Express, as Broadford Works, which was once home to the largest collection of category A-listed buildings at risk in Scotland, … Continue reading
Government has established investment to tackle issues on potential housing sites and get homes built in parts of England where they may be most needed, as 2 streams of investment – the Land Assembly Fund and the Small Sites Fund … Continue reading
Bursaries supported by Historic England are available for heritage sector professionals in England on three residential Clore leadership courses taking place between February and June 2019, with applications closing noon, Monday 29 October.
The legal challenge by Manchester Civic Society to a proposed 40-storey tower overwhelming Manchester’s civic centre has been rejected by a High Court judge.
Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) launches Guidance on closing your high street for a community event allowing communities to come together to celebrate their place to promote acknowledgment of vibrant and sustainable high streets and town centres.
26 year old Amelia Ladbrooke has been elected as the chair of Birmingham Civic Society, and is the youngest ever Civic Society chair in England.
England’s Taking Part Surveys recently published by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) provide reliable national estimates of engagement with the arts, heritage, museums and libraries, with this the Department’s first publication reporting on the barriers to … Continue reading
The Energy Company Obligation: ECO3, 2018 to 2022 Consultation outcome is now available to download, with the summary of responses to the call for evidence on the reform of the Green Deal Framework also issued. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (global) doorstep’: BBC on ‘The bridge that crossed an ocean’ – Insights from history for a new age of ‘asset transfer’
The BBC documentary on Robert Paxton McCullagh’s purchase, disassembly and reconstruction of London Bridge as part of the creation of Huavasa City offers very human insights to the power of heritage – to educate, inspire and confuse – and its … Continue reading