Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
- Tombstone footpath a ‘grave error’ at St Mary’s Clophill Church 16/10/2018
- Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October! 12/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined 12/10/2018
- Topical CPD focusing on curtilage: An afternoon with Dr. Charles Mynors in Lincoln – Friday 9 Nov 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’ 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000 12/10/2018
- BEFS seeks new Chair: Deadline 22 Oct 12/10/2018
- What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct! 12/10/2018
- SAVE wins landmark judgement against the Secretary of State on giving reasons for call-in decisions 12/10/2018
- Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ open for applications; closing 31 Oct 12/10/2018
- Thieves steal Houghton Conquest Grade 1 listed church’s lead roof 12/10/2018
Daily Archives: 06/10/2018
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
IHBC NW Branch CPD, ‘Ahead of the curve’: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference – 18 October, Liverpool – the Taylor Review Pilot update, and why you need to be attend!
The IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch upcoming conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by the start of the Taylor Review pilot … Continue reading
IHBC in Scotland/Northern England -Don’t forget your free IHBC CPD & more for members and colleagues: 27 Oct, Edinburgh (Book ahead for free entry) with IHBC Scotland
IHBC Scotland will host a CPD session (from 3.30 to 4.30) at the Listed Property Show in Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms on 27 October, with free access to the day-long event for any IHBC members booking ahead.
IHBC’s ‘Practice insights’: Costs award against Lambeth Council highlights importance of site visits!
The IHBC’s Policy Chair Roy Lewis had drawn attention to the award of costs against Lambeth Council in a recent appeal, which emphasises the importance of doing site visits!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £6.3M+ costed work this week: Doncaster Council seeks evaluation of part of Heritage Doncaster’s grant funded work – closing 15/10, valued £37,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
A rescue plan for one of Leeds’s oldest buildings – which is considered one of the most at risk heritage assets in the city – has been given a £1m boost from the taxpayer amid fears it is the ‘last … Continue reading
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, seeks trustees to work alongside COTAC’s newly appointed Honorary Secretary, Michael Netter, and Honorary Treasurer John Copping, with a closing date of 15 November for receipt of notes of interest, CV and … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) recently submitted a response to the Government consultation on the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
Applications open for EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Closing 15 November, includes 7 ‘Grand Prix’ awards @ €10,000 each
Applications are now open for the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards 2019, closing 15 November and with 4 categories covering: Conservation Research Dedicated service by individuals or organization and Education, training and awareness-raising
The Migration Advisory Committee’s (MAC) report, which sets out a series of recommendations for the new immigration policy post-Brexit, would cripple the construction industry, according to the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).
SAVE announces opening of Buildings at Risk Catalogue for 2019-20 and calls for nominations and updates on condition of structures on the existing Register.