Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 06/10/2018
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
IHBC NW Branch CPD, ‘Ahead of the curve’: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference – 18 October, Liverpool – the Taylor Review Pilot update, and why you need to be attend!
The IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch upcoming conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by the start of the Taylor Review pilot … Continue reading
IHBC in Scotland/Northern England -Don’t forget your free IHBC CPD & more for members and colleagues: 27 Oct, Edinburgh (Book ahead for free entry) with IHBC Scotland
IHBC Scotland will host a CPD session (from 3.30 to 4.30) at the Listed Property Show in Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms on 27 October, with free access to the day-long event for any IHBC members booking ahead.
IHBC’s ‘Practice insights’: Costs award against Lambeth Council highlights importance of site visits!
The IHBC’s Policy Chair Roy Lewis had drawn attention to the award of costs against Lambeth Council in a recent appeal, which emphasises the importance of doing site visits!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £6.3M+ costed work this week: Doncaster Council seeks evaluation of part of Heritage Doncaster’s grant funded work – closing 15/10, valued £37,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
A rescue plan for one of Leeds’s oldest buildings – which is considered one of the most at risk heritage assets in the city – has been given a £1m boost from the taxpayer amid fears it is the ‘last … Continue reading
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, seeks trustees to work alongside COTAC’s newly appointed Honorary Secretary, Michael Netter, and Honorary Treasurer John Copping, with a closing date of 15 November for receipt of notes of interest, CV and … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) recently submitted a response to the Government consultation on the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
Applications open for EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Closing 15 November, includes 7 ‘Grand Prix’ awards @ €10,000 each
Applications are now open for the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards 2019, closing 15 November and with 4 categories covering: Conservation Research Dedicated service by individuals or organization and Education, training and awareness-raising
The Migration Advisory Committee’s (MAC) report, which sets out a series of recommendations for the new immigration policy post-Brexit, would cripple the construction industry, according to the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).
SAVE announces opening of Buildings at Risk Catalogue for 2019-20 and calls for nominations and updates on condition of structures on the existing Register.