Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Fit for the Future, seeking mutual benefits from tighter links with a key environmental sustainability network 20/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top notch CPD conference from the NW: Authoritative takes on ‘Accessibility’ – barriers to solutions – Liverpool, 10 Oct… with tours too! 20/09/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £97M+ opportunities this week: Design Competition for Museum Group, closing 16/10, valued £1.8M 20/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the barstool’: Kray Twins historic pub saved from last orders in major campaign, from The Mirror 20/09/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: Shared ‘hubs’ urged for bankless towns 20/09/2019
- Major LB prosecution fine for unauthorized works secured by Westminster CC, for basement works on GII Listed Building: £162,300 20/09/2019
- Protecting Scotland’s Future: Programme for Government 2019-20 20/09/2019
- National Trust Annual Report: Membership surge & record £148m conservation and restoration spend 20/09/2019
- England: 100 places to benefit from new Towns Fund 20/09/2019
- Transport Secretary acts on HS2 ancient woodland clearances during Oakervee review 20/09/2019
- Historic England National Capacity Building Programme 2020/2021: Call for applications 20/09/2019
- RTPI to convene annual summit of heads of planning: ‘HOPE’ 20/09/2019
- Association of Heritage Engineers to re-introduce title of ‘Master Craftsman’ into heritage engineering 20/09/2019
- Wiki Loves Monuments UK: Part of the world’s largest photo contest, so join in during September 20/09/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on disaster recovery and the ‘Phoenix Case Study’: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 17/09/2019
- IHBC prompt: Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards – call for 2019 nominations open until 4 October 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (cultural) doorstep’: Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways to recapture former glories with Heritage Fund grant 17/09/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: The pleasures and perils of architectural research – from our Highlands and Islands issue 17/09/2019
- Reflecting on #IHBCNottingham2019: Fire engulfs Grade II-listed Horncliffe Mansion 17/09/2019
- Lawyers put 100 local authorities on notice over climate inaction 17/09/2019
- North Somerset Council serves Birnbeck Pier repairs notice 17/09/2019
- Manchester College launches new industry-sponsored Architectural and Construction Engineering Scholarship for 16-18 year olds 17/09/2019
- New petition to save Whitechapel Bell Foundry 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s free, first-timer ‘taster’ membership for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* 13/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too! 13/09/2019
Daily Archives: 06/10/2018
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
IHBC NW Branch CPD, ‘Ahead of the curve’: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference – 18 October, Liverpool – the Taylor Review Pilot update, and why you need to be attend!
The IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch upcoming conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by the start of the Taylor Review pilot … Continue reading
IHBC in Scotland/Northern England -Don’t forget your free IHBC CPD & more for members and colleagues: 27 Oct, Edinburgh (Book ahead for free entry) with IHBC Scotland
IHBC Scotland will host a CPD session (from 3.30 to 4.30) at the Listed Property Show in Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms on 27 October, with free access to the day-long event for any IHBC members booking ahead.
IHBC’s ‘Practice insights’: Costs award against Lambeth Council highlights importance of site visits!
The IHBC’s Policy Chair Roy Lewis had drawn attention to the award of costs against Lambeth Council in a recent appeal, which emphasises the importance of doing site visits!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £6.3M+ costed work this week: Doncaster Council seeks evaluation of part of Heritage Doncaster’s grant funded work – closing 15/10, valued £37,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
A rescue plan for one of Leeds’s oldest buildings – which is considered one of the most at risk heritage assets in the city – has been given a £1m boost from the taxpayer amid fears it is the ‘last … Continue reading
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, seeks trustees to work alongside COTAC’s newly appointed Honorary Secretary, Michael Netter, and Honorary Treasurer John Copping, with a closing date of 15 November for receipt of notes of interest, CV and … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) recently submitted a response to the Government consultation on the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
Applications open for EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Closing 15 November, includes 7 ‘Grand Prix’ awards @ €10,000 each
Applications are now open for the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards 2019, closing 15 November and with 4 categories covering: Conservation Research Dedicated service by individuals or organization and Education, training and awareness-raising
The Migration Advisory Committee’s (MAC) report, which sets out a series of recommendations for the new immigration policy post-Brexit, would cripple the construction industry, according to the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).
SAVE announces opening of Buildings at Risk Catalogue for 2019-20 and calls for nominations and updates on condition of structures on the existing Register.