Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- New IHBC Yearbook web resource launched: ‘Look back with pride (and perspective)… to IHBC 2007 and after’ 18/05/2019
- Staff changes at the IHBC: Carla (Support@ihbc.org.uk) moves on now, Kate (LETS@ihbc.org.uk) after 2019 Nottingham School – backups and replacements planned 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2M+ costed opportunities this week: RSPB Cymru seeks team for the Lake Vyrnwy Experience Project, closing 3/06, valued at £1.2M 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Lidl car park could wipe out nationally important historic monument in Carmarthen 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight: Cliff Hague says ‘We risk losing Edinburgh’s Princes Street Gardens… forever’ 18/05/2019
- Planning Inspectorate announces search for recruit 20 senior inspectors: Closing 30 May 18/05/2019
- Westminster: Legislative plans for Olympics-style body to oversee restoration works 18/05/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland surveys stakeholders about ‘role in the planning system’: 6 minute survey closes 6 June 18/05/2019
- Empty dwelling management orders hit all-time low 18/05/2019
- ‘New-build homes not fire safe’, BBC investigation finds 18/05/2019
- Conservation joint research call for Analysis; Values; At Risk, and ‘Layered conservation’ – Closing 3 September 2019 18/05/2019
- Now you can get a degree in carving from City & Guilds of London Art School 18/05/2019
- Ever wondered ‘How Venice Works’, with 124 Islands, 183 Canals & 438 Bridges 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s Council+ on help from ‘MATEs’ and much more: from AGM previews to accreditation and CPD, support, scrutiny and certification 14/05/2019
- Historic buildings on fire – Fisons Victorian factory near Ipswich destroyed, yet another sad prompt on the IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: 14 Coventry historical sites ‘at risk of neglect, decay or vandalism’, newest is Holy Trinity Church 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Plans submitted for demolition of meeting hall attached to GII Friends Meeting House 14/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’ following the Stone Show, from The Stonespecialist: ‘Housebuilding and increasing the role of stone’ 14/05/2019
- MSPs urged to drop Planning Bill’s extra duties 14/05/2019
- Civic Voice: Member survey stats show communities want conversation on building homes to move towards ‘collaboration’, away from current ‘confrontation’ 14/05/2019
- Public Accounts Committee opens planning and housing inquiry 14/05/2019
- Ecclesiastical launches £1m fund for charities 14/05/2019
- Joint drive to combat heritage crime in Scotland 14/05/2019
- Debris drops on to street after scaffolding collapse near new police HQ site on Grosvenor Street, Everton 14/05/2019
- Highways England pours £4 million into canal restoration scheme 14/05/2019
Daily Archives: 06/10/2018
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
IHBC NW Branch CPD, ‘Ahead of the curve’: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference – 18 October, Liverpool – the Taylor Review Pilot update, and why you need to be attend!
The IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch upcoming conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by the start of the Taylor Review pilot … Continue reading
IHBC in Scotland/Northern England -Don’t forget your free IHBC CPD & more for members and colleagues: 27 Oct, Edinburgh (Book ahead for free entry) with IHBC Scotland
IHBC Scotland will host a CPD session (from 3.30 to 4.30) at the Listed Property Show in Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms on 27 October, with free access to the day-long event for any IHBC members booking ahead.
IHBC’s ‘Practice insights’: Costs award against Lambeth Council highlights importance of site visits!
The IHBC’s Policy Chair Roy Lewis had drawn attention to the award of costs against Lambeth Council in a recent appeal, which emphasises the importance of doing site visits!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £6.3M+ costed work this week: Doncaster Council seeks evaluation of part of Heritage Doncaster’s grant funded work – closing 15/10, valued £37,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
A rescue plan for one of Leeds’s oldest buildings – which is considered one of the most at risk heritage assets in the city – has been given a £1m boost from the taxpayer amid fears it is the ‘last … Continue reading
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, seeks trustees to work alongside COTAC’s newly appointed Honorary Secretary, Michael Netter, and Honorary Treasurer John Copping, with a closing date of 15 November for receipt of notes of interest, CV and … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) recently submitted a response to the Government consultation on the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
Applications open for EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Closing 15 November, includes 7 ‘Grand Prix’ awards @ €10,000 each
Applications are now open for the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards 2019, closing 15 November and with 4 categories covering: Conservation Research Dedicated service by individuals or organization and Education, training and awareness-raising
The Migration Advisory Committee’s (MAC) report, which sets out a series of recommendations for the new immigration policy post-Brexit, would cripple the construction industry, according to the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).
SAVE announces opening of Buildings at Risk Catalogue for 2019-20 and calls for nominations and updates on condition of structures on the existing Register.