Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Daily Archives: 06/10/2018
IHBC’s Branches Update: Explore your local CPD events from across the UK, and ‘Bring along a colleague too’!
IHBC members (and colleagues) have a huge range of CDP support on offer across our Branches this Autumn: CPD events, Branch Annual Conferences, MATE sessions to support applications for IHBC accreditation, and AGMs. IHBC Director Seán O’Reilly said: ‘Do remember … Continue reading
IHBC NW Branch CPD, ‘Ahead of the curve’: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference – 18 October, Liverpool – the Taylor Review Pilot update, and why you need to be attend!
The IHBC’s North West (NW) Branch upcoming conference, on ‘The Work of Faith – in Liverpool on 18 October – focuses on ‘the many challenges faced by historic places of worship’, inspired by the start of the Taylor Review pilot … Continue reading
IHBC in Scotland/Northern England -Don’t forget your free IHBC CPD & more for members and colleagues: 27 Oct, Edinburgh (Book ahead for free entry) with IHBC Scotland
IHBC Scotland will host a CPD session (from 3.30 to 4.30) at the Listed Property Show in Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms on 27 October, with free access to the day-long event for any IHBC members booking ahead.
IHBC’s ‘Practice insights’: Costs award against Lambeth Council highlights importance of site visits!
The IHBC’s Policy Chair Roy Lewis had drawn attention to the award of costs against Lambeth Council in a recent appeal, which emphasises the importance of doing site visits!
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £6.3M+ costed work this week: Doncaster Council seeks evaluation of part of Heritage Doncaster’s grant funded work – closing 15/10, valued £37,000
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
A rescue plan for one of Leeds’s oldest buildings – which is considered one of the most at risk heritage assets in the city – has been given a £1m boost from the taxpayer amid fears it is the ‘last … Continue reading
COTAC, the Council on Training in Architectural Conservation, seeks trustees to work alongside COTAC’s newly appointed Honorary Secretary, Michael Netter, and Honorary Treasurer John Copping, with a closing date of 15 November for receipt of notes of interest, CV and … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) recently submitted a response to the Government consultation on the Culture Strategy for Scotland.
Applications open for EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Closing 15 November, includes 7 ‘Grand Prix’ awards @ €10,000 each
Applications are now open for the EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards 2019, closing 15 November and with 4 categories covering: Conservation Research Dedicated service by individuals or organization and Education, training and awareness-raising
The Migration Advisory Committee’s (MAC) report, which sets out a series of recommendations for the new immigration policy post-Brexit, would cripple the construction industry, according to the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).
SAVE announces opening of Buildings at Risk Catalogue for 2019-20 and calls for nominations and updates on condition of structures on the existing Register.