Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
- Tombstone footpath a ‘grave error’ at St Mary’s Clophill Church 16/10/2018
- Last chance to book IHBC NW Branch CPD: ‘The Work of Faith’ conference & Taylor Review Pilot update – and why you need to be in Liverpool on 18 October! 12/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch on ‘Yearning for Timelessness…’: New architecture in historic settings, in talks and visits in Oxford, 26 Oct 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice’ update: Lincolnshire local authority’s ‘national first’ offers a new approach to Conservation Area controls – 2 Article 4s and an LDO combined 12/10/2018
- Topical CPD focusing on curtilage: An afternoon with Dr. Charles Mynors in Lincoln – Friday 9 Nov 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘VAT reminder’, as critical 10k of signatures near: Sign the LPOC’s petition to the Chancellor if you agree with the IHBC, that ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’ 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Wolverhampton’s iconic Royal Hospital to lose nurses home as costs mean heritage-friendly conversion options not ‘viable’… says Homes England 12/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £205K+ costed work this week: Braintree DC seeks Conservation Area Appraisals – closing 26/10, valued £10-25,000 12/10/2018
- BEFS seeks new Chair: Deadline 22 Oct 12/10/2018
- What is England’s favourite conservation area? Civic Voice seeks shortlist votes on ‘are examples of great placemaking’ – closing 16 Oct! 12/10/2018
- SAVE wins landmark judgement against the Secretary of State on giving reasons for call-in decisions 12/10/2018
- Scotland’s ‘FutureTown Design Competition’ open for applications; closing 31 Oct 12/10/2018
- Thieves steal Houghton Conquest Grade 1 listed church’s lead roof 12/10/2018
Daily Archives: 15/09/2018
IHBC’s 2018 members survey feedback No3: Our thoughts on sundry ‘issues as submitted’ – IHBC members can take a look!
As trustees continued to build on the IHBC’s 2017-18 Member Survey and its positive results – such as 92% of members satisfied or very satisfied with services, and 94% likely or very likely to recommend IHBC membership – in April … Continue reading
A pre-IHBC classic is now accessible online on our LPA web resource – 1992’s ‘Listed Building Repairs Notices’ from the ACO
Following continued user interest in the 1992 ‘Listed Building Repairs Notices’ research and guidance, produced by the IHBC’s predecessor, the Association of Conservation Officers [ACO], the IHBC has now made available online a digital edition on our Local Planning Authority … Continue reading
IHBC Annual School Belfast 2018: A ‘Digital thanks and recap’ – And another CPD opportunity for all from the IHBC
IHBC NewsBlogs since the 2018 Annual School in Belfast have offered occasional recaps on sessions and reflections on learning and development opportunities around the School theme of ‘Our Shared Heritage’, while now the Social Media lead for the IHBC at … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £200K+ costed work posted this week: Liverpool Cathedral seeks Architect – closing 08/10
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from this week featuring a call from Liverpool Cathedral … Continue reading
The Berwick Advertiser has reported on potentially unauthorised works to the scheduled monument of Berwick Castle.
IHBC’s Context ‘CPD Boost’ and more – Heritage Engineering in context (and don’t miss Ian Hume, Carlisle, 4 Oct, ‘Structural repair of historic buildings’)
Would you be able to identify the form of construction adopted within a historic building in order to specify the required mortar repairs; the advice of suitable specialists is essential as part of well planned and executed physical works to … Continue reading
There has been discussion in the local media and in the Scottish Parliament surrounding the issues for planned return to residents and businesses to the area affected by the Glasgow School of Art Fire, including the Centre for Contemporary Arts … Continue reading
A High Court judge has come down on the side of Monmouthshire County Council (CC) and a planning inspector in a row over a couple’s choice of replacement tiles for a grade II* listed mansion.
Regeneration in London and the media: Inside Out London from the BBC – ‘… too many loopholes for residents faced by estate demolition’!
A BBC Inside Out programme has profiled concerns raised regarding the consultation process for the demolition of Council owned estates in London, described by London Assembly member Sian Berry as ‘A big win but too many loopholes for residents faced … Continue reading
You only have until 18 September to nominate your favourite conservation area, as part of the Civic Voice ‘England’s Favourite Conservation Area’ award! image: Stamford CA
Scotland’s Towns Partnership (STP) has issued its most recent ‘funding finder’ bulletin, which highlights updates on available funding as well as upcoming deadlines.
The better part of two millennia after its entombment in ash and pumice by Mount Vesuvius, Pompeii ranks as one of Italy’s most popular tourist attractions, and now thanks to technology, entirely new views of Pompeii have also opened up. … Continue reading