Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
- Scotland’s HE Audit now out 04/12/2018
- Civic Voice: Guidance tool for communities to identify local heritage assets 04/12/2018
- Specialist contractors call for government regulation of the construction industry 04/12/2018
- BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available 04/12/2018
- Sheffield Victorian spa declared Asset of Community Value 04/12/2018
- The economic value of culture: a benefit transfer study on museums in England 04/12/2018
- RIBA launches UK’s first nationwide architecture programme for schoolchildren 04/12/2018
- Shotley Pier campaign: New plans for 122-year-old structure revealed 04/12/2018
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Day School outline ONLINE • Sponsor opportunities available NOW • Booking & bursaries open FEBRUARY 01/12/2018
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Boost via HE+IHBC’s ‘easy access’ Webinar, 13 Dec: Enhancing conservation areas & townscapes with S.215s – Numbers limited so book now! 01/12/2018
- IHBC-STBA Tribute to Neil May, from John Preston IHBC 01/12/2018
Daily Archives: 08/09/2018
IHBC London Branch Conference launched and booking open: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’, 4 Oct – Places limited and values high!
The IHBC’s London Branch has launched another salvo in its renowned series of IHBC CPD-led conservation conferences, as it explores ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ at the Royal College of Physicians, on Thursday 4 October, with leading speakers and … Continue reading
IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Specialist areas and skills in demand, from design and project management to regulation and more.
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our celebrated – and very cost-effective – ‘Jobs etc.’ service, with many posts still open … Continue reading
IHBC supports LPOC petition on VAT reductions for LBs: ‘…it is perverse that repairs should be subject to VAT when new development is not’.
The IHBC is calling for signatories to the Listed Property Owners Club (LPOC) petition to the Chancellor for reduced VAT on select listed building (LB) works, with the IHBC’s Chair stating that ‘it is perverse that repairs should be subject … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £300K+ costed work this week: ChurchCare seeks IHBC/IOSH Project Manager for St Martin of Tours, Womersley – closing 12/09
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘heritage from the (international) doorstep’: Ireland’s most expensive house (d. 1902) to be demolished for new-build mansion (d. 2019?) thrice the size.
Walford, a c,1902 house in Dublin’s most sought-after area, Ballsbridge, sold for €58m in 2005 before billionaire Dermot Desmond bought it for €14.25m in 2016, is now to be demolished and replaced by a new-build, as planners say it ‘does … Continue reading
An opinion piece in the Guardian by Christine Murray (founder of the Women in Architecture Awards) invites us to consider what our cities would look like if cities reflected their diverse populations, prompted by a recent architectural visualisation of a … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘IHMO’ signpost 2: IHBC 2018 School Friend UAH on contingency plans post-Belfast fire & the sad fate of local heritage
Nikki McVeigh of Ulster Architectural Heritage (UAH), the national amenity society, has criticised the lack of forward planning surrounding the Belfast Bank Buildings Fire, and in an opinion piece in the Belfast Telegraph asks ‘Why the partial destruction of Primark … Continue reading
The 2018 winner of the Carbuncle Cup is Redrock Stockport, a £45m leisure complex and car park designed by BDP for the local council. image: DBW website
An open letter has been sent to England’s Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, Rt Hon James Brokenshire MP, signed by 16 leading campaign organisations from across the political spectrum, from the CPRE to Shelter, calling for … Continue reading
The Scottish Government has issued an easy read version of the consultation document on the development of a Culture Strategy for Scotland, the consultation on which closes on 19 September.