Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- #IHBCVirtualSchool2020: Speaker bios & interim CPD support in place for ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic, 19 June, from just £15+VAT 08/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Virtual MATEs’: IHBC’s digital membership application support pilot 13/05, pm– limited places available 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 furlough update on your comms: Update your NewsBlog email alert contacts etc. 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s new ‘CPD Circular’ now out: Supporting relevant and accessible CPD from the IHBC, Recognised CPD Providers, partners and more! 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 46: Guidance for local government, includes ‘planning and building safety’ 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 47: … impact on markets, geopolitics and real estate, via RICS 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 48: Local Authority (coronavirus) regulations for Wales 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 49: Council of Europe recommendations on Citizens’ Engagement under Covid-19 restrictions, and the TCI’s take 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 50: HE’s contacts update 08/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR pick this week from £30M+ costed works: National body seeks asset advisers etc., closing 9/06, value £30M 08/05/2020
- New measures to protect UK high streets from aggressive rent collection and closure 08/05/2020
- NTS sets up it’s own ‘heritage lottery’ fund 08/05/2020
- Five years on from the earthquake in Bhaktapur, Nepal, heritage-led recovery is uniting community 08/05/2020
- Shape our future! Share, promote, like and celebrate IHBC’s 2020 Virtual School – ‘OLD TOWNS | NEW FUTURES’… from a Global Pandemic – across your networks 05/05/2020
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy’s ‘Online classroom’ – 2/3 June, 2/7 July 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 40: NI Environment Link ‘Impact Survey Report’ 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 41: ONS blogs on coronavirus impacts 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 42: Construction industry Coronavirus task force convened 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 43: Coping during COVID-19 – A checklist for construction projects 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 44: Free backgrounds for Virtual meetings from Studio Ghibli 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s COVID-19 signpost 45: THA’s update on Heritage Chat 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s HESPR ‘Special Interest Sector News’ pick of the week, from REA, on 50 years of Earth Day 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Shock and dismay as historic monument vandalised with ‘stay at home’ message 05/05/2020
- IHBC CPD boost: Social Media & engaging with online communities, from the TCI 05/05/2020
- IHBC’s CPD Boost: Explore (and assist) DBW’s development of construction industry acronyms 05/05/2020
Monthly Archives: September 2018
Last chance to book: IHBC London’s ‘Creative Conservation’ – with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct
BOOK NOW, as this is your last chance to join a unique event and hear innovative takes on creative conservation from some of England’s lead heritage bodies – including the Architectural Heritage Fund(AHF), Historic England (HE)and more – as they interrogate … Continue reading
IHBC’s NW Branch conference: Faith communities, challenges, and ‘The Work of Faith…’ – Liverpool 18 Oct, for ‘a unique take on faith’
The North West (NW) Branch of the IHBC hosts its 2018 annual conference – ‘The Work of Faith’ – in Liverpool on 18 October, exploring the work of faith communities and the challenges they face in managing and conserving historic places of worship, with fees starting … Continue reading
HESPR members new benefit from your IHBC: Free HESPR-branded fliers on select IHBC stands (e.g. Civic Voice conference 2018 (Birmingham), and Listed Property Show (Edinburgh), and free flier design too!
The IHBC has launched a unique new membership benefit for members of our quality assurance scheme for conservation businesses, HESPR, as national event stands will now offer free display of HESPR-branded promotional literature from HESPR members, as the IHBC continues to work hard … Continue reading
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £85K+ costed work this week: Elan Valley Trust seeks consultant for the renovation of Cwmclyd Farmstead in the Elan Valley – closing 3/10, No value given
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring a call from Elan Valley Trust … Continue reading
IHBC Annual School 2018: ‘Tales from the organisers’, from Belfast 2018 to Nottingham 2019 and beyond…
The IHBC East Midlands Branch is hard at work planning for next year’s IHBC Annual School – on ‘Heritage, Risk and Resilience’ in Nottingham in July nottingham2019.ihbc.org.uk – so to understand what that might that involve IHBC’s Northern Ireland Chair, … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Architect ordered to tear down award winning £4.65m home in Clerkenwell
The Evening Standard has reported on how an architect, Amin Taha, has been told to demolish his six storey multi-award-winning home because officials claim it does not match plans he originally submitted.
Historic England (HE) has launched its ‘National Capacity Building Programme’, for projects that run for a maximum of 1 year, with a deadline for submitting grant applications of midnight, 4 November 2018, and funding to begin from 1 April 2019.
Camden Council has written to the government, urging that planning policy that makes it difficult for councils to challenge permitted development rights for new phone boxes needs to be changed.
What do you do if an LPA has no Conservation Officer? HE to answer this question at Civic Voice’s Birmingham conference (19 Oct), with IHBC on hand too!
Following the announcement that the London Borough of Ealing decided to delete the role of conservation officer and in view of the Civic Voice campaign on conservation areas and officers, Civic Voice wanted to know from Historic England (HE) exactly … Continue reading
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) has issued a briefing on the Planning (Scotland) Bill.
Further to the issue of the revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) on 24 July, Historic England (HE) has produced a number of resources outlining the main changes and their implications for heritage.
IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’
Alongside co-sponsoring, the IHBC will host a stand and provide a lead speaker – IHBC Chair James Caird – as the IHBC once again joins Civic Voice’s national conference – this time helping answer ‘How we can balance conservation and … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers
Historic Elmdon Art Deco Terminal at Birmingham Airport, last used in 1984 and made famous for its over-hanging canopies which resemble aeroplane wings, has been saved from being bulldozed Birmingham Live reports to its audiences.
IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154
If you are arguing for the benefits of conservation generally, or trying to counteract views that heritage is seen as an inhibitor to development, IHBC’s Chair James Caird offers pointers in Context 154 – a case study of St Ives. … Continue reading
A new information portal has been launched in Scotland, ‘Partners in Planning’, which aims to provide an online platform ‘to promote a single access point to the knowledge and skills that enables behavioural change in planning’.
More than 30 rural communities are set to benefit from new or expanded village services from libraries, shops to post offices all delivered by their local pub, England’s Community Pubs Minister Jake Berry has announced. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
People who live in council houses should be made to feel proud of their homes, Theresa May has said. image: Open Government Licence v3.0
The STBA is delighted to announce a 3-year project to test out the Whole House approach to retrofit, pioneered by the STBA and endorsed by Each Home Counts, which is being carried out under the BEIS Building Thermal Efficiency Innovation Fund.
Mairi Gougeon MSP, Scotland’s New Minister for Rural Affairs and the Natural Environment has announced a second phase for Outdoor Learning in Nature (OLiN) during a visit with school children to Jupiter Artland Foundation – a sculpture park in woodland … Continue reading
A user needs survey has been issued on a new OASIS system to ’quickly and simply assess the requirement for the different approaches and materials that will be required by the user community’, which will remain open until the end … Continue reading
Dover District Council has served section 215 notices on a number of sites in the town centre requiring improvements to the condition of the land and /or buildings. image: By Eluveitie – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=18829651
Scottish Parliamentary Motion S5M-13683 from Gordon Lindhurst, Lothian, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party, lodged on 30 August, successfully celebrated the sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival. image: by Fiona Newton
Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’
BOOK NOW for a unique opportunity to hear innovative takes on creative conservation from some of England’s lead heritage bodies – including the Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF), Historic England (HE) and more – as they interrogate just what creative conservation … Continue reading
IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched!
As part of the suite of responses to its Member Survey the IHBC has launched new ‘Branch Operations & Activities’ and ‘Branch Guidance on Social Media’, helping maintain standards in key volunteer-led operations.
IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – emails members weekly ‘News and Tender Alerts’, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers from the issue this week featuring a call from … Continue reading