Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
- HES Seeks views on ‘Managing Change’ documents on Listed Buildings: Closing 15 Feb! 11/01/2019
- Cadw’s new website in 2019, seeks early input 11/01/2019
- Don’t dump the rule book under pressure, Ombudsman warns councils, or lose corporate memory through restructuring 11/01/2019
- Dumfries mill could become ‘bricks and mortar festival tent’: BBC on DHBT 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Welcome to the New Year’ 2: Nominate for the IHBC Marsh Awards 2019 – Celebrate OUTSTANDING retired IHBC members, and SUCCESSFUL new Heritage Learners – Closing 28 Feb! 09/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Renovation of Oxford’s historic Jam Factory building nears completion 09/01/2019
- Dounreay nuclear reactor, Scotland’s oldest, to go, as demolition contract awarded 09/01/2019
- Bid to reopen Flintshire’s Shotton steelworks’ John Summers building 09/01/2019
- Civic Voice plans for 2019: More Conservation Area advocacy via 50th anniversaries in its ‘Big Conservation Conversation’! 09/01/2019
- CIOB Parliamentary Reception launches call for improving quality in the built environment 09/01/2019
- Programme to support placemaking at local level launched 09/01/2019
Daily Archives: 14/08/2018
IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our ‘Jobs etc.’ service, with many posts still open!
With sources such as the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki re-posting from our membership journal – on post-war mass housing – Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) has offered a briefing on ‘Prefabrication’ that IHBC members can both review as a ‘CPD boost’ and, … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park?
A Guardian opinion piece: Could a plan to turn the West Midlands into a national park transform the Black Country’s unlovely reputation, asks Wolverhampton native Stuart Jeffries.
Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments
The Court of Appeal has set out general principles to be applied when considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments, with a report from the Local Government Lawyer. image: IHBC
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) is seeking data and case studies for the next Scottish Historic Environment Audit.
ACEVO, the Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations, and the Institute of Fundraising (IoF) have published a report on racial diversity in the heritage sector.
Simon Thomerson, Director of Clearview Design & Construction Ltd, has been jailed for eight months after pleading guilty to a health & safety breach that resulted in two brothers working for the company being burnt to death, as reported by … Continue reading
Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin
The winners of the 2018 EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, Europe’s top honour in the field, were celebrated during a high-profile awards ceremony in Berlin on 22 June 2018, in the presence of the Federal President … Continue reading
LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’
A careers campaign launched by the new president of the Landscape Institute(LI), Adam White, aims to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession.