Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
- Scotland’s HE Audit now out 04/12/2018
- Civic Voice: Guidance tool for communities to identify local heritage assets 04/12/2018
- Specialist contractors call for government regulation of the construction industry 04/12/2018
- BEFS: Scotland’s ‘Inspiring Fundraising’ online resource and ‘Report on State of Heritage Funding’ now available 04/12/2018
- Sheffield Victorian spa declared Asset of Community Value 04/12/2018
- The economic value of culture: a benefit transfer study on museums in England 04/12/2018
- RIBA launches UK’s first nationwide architecture programme for schoolchildren 04/12/2018
- Shotley Pier campaign: New plans for 122-year-old structure revealed 04/12/2018
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Day School outline ONLINE • Sponsor opportunities available NOW • Booking & bursaries open FEBRUARY 01/12/2018
- IHBC’s FREE CPD Boost via HE+IHBC’s ‘easy access’ Webinar, 13 Dec: Enhancing conservation areas & townscapes with S.215s – Numbers limited so book now! 01/12/2018
- IHBC-STBA Tribute to Neil May, from John Preston IHBC 01/12/2018
Daily Archives: 07/08/2018
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC … Continue reading
IHBC’s free ‘MATE’ sessions – Supporting accreditation across HESPR members’ staff: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s Learning Education, Training and Standards (LETS) Officer – and our lead on training for IHBC accreditation – has undertaken another three, well-received Membership Application Training Event (MATE) sessions – with members of the IHBC’s HESPR quality assurance … Continue reading
The IHBC has welcomed the latest publication in the heritage INFORM series, published by Historic Environment Scotland(HES), on thatched roofs.
Using references such as the RICS Rights of light: Practical guidance for chartered surveyors in England and Wales, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – offers a briefing on ‘Rights to light’ that IHBC members … Continue reading
The Government’s proposal for a post-Brexit environmental watchdog that only has jurisdiction for England is deeply flawed, says the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
Council defeats High Court challenge by HE to Milton Keynes Council over historic railway yard development
Historic England (HE) has failed in a challenge to Milton Keynes Council over its decision to allow a development on part of a historic railway yard.
World Heritage UK held a technical meeting in March 2018 on the theme of ‘Commercial Best Practice in World Heritage’, and the report detailing the discussions and future actions is now available, and includes an appendix on visitor numbers and … Continue reading
The Planning Portal and the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding, signalling their intent to work more closely together for the benefit of their joint customers and members.
French dimensional stone is starting to receive the EU geographical identification (GI) protection already extended to food and drink products such as Melton Mowbray pork pies and Champagne, as the granites of Bretagne have been joined by the limestone of … Continue reading
Couple living on a new housing estate in Newquay, Cornwall put up signs in their windows urging potential buyers not to buy properties because Persimmon Homes, the developer, has not completed snagging work.