Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Context on ‘Building Services’ now out: your next best CPD boost before the Nottingham School, and check out the new design styling too! 19/06/2019
- Look ahead to Brighton 2020 and ‘Old Town : New Futures’: Join the Heritage2020 – #HeritageChat 20 June – Heritage and the High Street 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Belper tea rooms (almost) set to be demolished and replaced with new building 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Rochdale Reimagined’, as architecture students put forward new designs for town centre heritage sites 19/06/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ boost, no. 2: ‘Bauhaus Bookshelf’ makes works accessible that continue to inspire designers worldwide 19/06/2019
- NI’s Department for Communities contributes to AHF’s Heritage Impact Fund 19/06/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 19/06/2019
- New Heritage Partnership Agreement signed at King’s Cross Station 19/06/2019
- European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards 2019: Winners announced 19/06/2019
- Post Hackitt proposals from MHCLG: ‘Building a safer future’ – consultation on reform of the building safety regulatory system, closing 31 July 19/06/2019
- Clore Leadership: Bursaries for Emerging Heritage Leaders – Applications open 19/06/2019
- NCT: Enter your church building project for the 2019 UK Church Architecture Awards: Closing 1 July 19/06/2019
- Plastic road built on new housing development 19/06/2019
- IHBC congratulates Malcolm Airs on OBE appointment: Your institute’s past president, past chair, and much more 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s Green panel convenor highlights new consultation on Private Rented Sector regulations for England and Wales 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘HESPR’ pick from £1.4M+ costed opportunities this week: Anglesey Column Trust (ACT) seeks service provider for Marquess of Anglesey’s Column, closing 3/07, value £800K 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (2019 School) doorstep’: Dramatic pictures show huge structure lifted onto roof of Nottingham’s ‘most secret’ building 14/06/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (Vic Soc’s Yorkshire) doorstep’: Society ‘deeply concerned’ by review of Sheffield’s 38 conservation areas 14/06/2019
- Manchester tops land use table to develop over a third of its green belt 14/06/2019
- Wales’ Local Planning Authorities lack resilience to deliver long-term improvements, says Auditor General 14/06/2019
- Government accused of trying to ‘rig’ public consultation on Westminster Holocaust Memorial plans 14/06/2019
- NCT urges churches to participate in High Streets HAZs scheme 14/06/2019
- Homeowners spent £12,374 on home improvements in 2018, says Sainsbury’s Bank 14/06/2019
- ‘Permitted development’ undermines local planning, council chiefs say 14/06/2019
- Victorian Society kick starts ‘Top 10 Most Endangered Buildings Campaign’, for England and Wales 14/06/2019
Daily Archives: 07/08/2018
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the IHBC … Continue reading
IHBC’s free ‘MATE’ sessions – Supporting accreditation across HESPR members’ staff: Woodhall Conservation, Purcell and RSK
Kate Kendall, IHBC’s Learning Education, Training and Standards (LETS) Officer – and our lead on training for IHBC accreditation – has undertaken another three, well-received Membership Application Training Event (MATE) sessions – with members of the IHBC’s HESPR quality assurance … Continue reading
The IHBC has welcomed the latest publication in the heritage INFORM series, published by Historic Environment Scotland(HES), on thatched roofs.
Using references such as the RICS Rights of light: Practical guidance for chartered surveyors in England and Wales, Designing Buildings Wiki (DBW) – host partner of the IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – offers a briefing on ‘Rights to light’ that IHBC members … Continue reading
The Government’s proposal for a post-Brexit environmental watchdog that only has jurisdiction for England is deeply flawed, says the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
Council defeats High Court challenge by HE to Milton Keynes Council over historic railway yard development
Historic England (HE) has failed in a challenge to Milton Keynes Council over its decision to allow a development on part of a historic railway yard.
World Heritage UK held a technical meeting in March 2018 on the theme of ‘Commercial Best Practice in World Heritage’, and the report detailing the discussions and future actions is now available, and includes an appendix on visitor numbers and … Continue reading
The Planning Portal and the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding, signalling their intent to work more closely together for the benefit of their joint customers and members.
French dimensional stone is starting to receive the EU geographical identification (GI) protection already extended to food and drink products such as Melton Mowbray pork pies and Champagne, as the granites of Bretagne have been joined by the limestone of … Continue reading
Couple living on a new housing estate in Newquay, Cornwall put up signs in their windows urging potential buyers not to buy properties because Persimmon Homes, the developer, has not completed snagging work.