Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Is your IHBC fee late, as it was due in April! Remember ‘Money is NOT the barrier’ to progress in your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees with the IHBC 18/08/2018
- IHBC supports Civic Voice’s 2018 conference: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ – Birmingham Rep, 19/20 Oct 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £160K+ costed work this week: NHMF seeks suppliers for ‘baseline survey’ of register of support services among grantees; closing 07/09, value £15,000 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Charity hopes to buy back historic Whitechapel Bell Foundry from developers 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Boost AND Better’: On EMPs for building design and construction 18/08/2018
- Select Committee on ‘Regenerating Seaside Towns’: Inquiry seeks written evidence, closing 9/10 18/08/2018
- Government strategy for England’s Civil Society: ‘…building a future that works for everyone’ – a first in 15 years! 18/08/2018
- Alan Jones elected RIBA President 2019-21 18/08/2018
- HES Consultation: Conservation of historic plasterwork 18/08/2018
- SAVE on local legal challenge to St Michael’s in Manchester launched 18/08/2018
- Architecture Apprenticeships in England: update 18/08/2018
- ICE on ‘how can we make cities more gender inclusive?’ 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
Daily Archives: 17/07/2018
IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September
At the 2018 Annual School ‘Spotlight’ session IHBC’s Communications and Outreach Chair Dave Chetwyn reported on progress with the joint IHBC, HTVF, Civic Voice conservation standard ‘Conservation Professional Practice Principles’, and called for any thoughts on the planned update to … Continue reading
The incongruent architecture, cultural baggage and gender inequality must go, argues Ed Husain in his Spectator review of Shahed Saleem’s ‘The British Mosque: An Architectural and Social History’, as he explains why these mosques need to adapt to the reality … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council
Bristol Live has reported on how the proposed conversion of one of the city’s most iconic buildings – its Grade II listed ‘Generator Building’ (1899), which had remained a derelict shell for decades after the Second World War – has … Continue reading
A 10-year plan to regenerate a declining fishing village, Stromness, Okney, has won the top prize at a prestigious national awards ceremony. image RTPI website
Noting strong performance, growing demand and putting customers at the heart of the business, the Planning Inspectorate has announced publication of its 2017/18 Annual Report.
The current Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS) Chair, Dr Graeme Purves, is stepping down at the next AGM in December, and BEFS is inviting expressions of interest from potential candidates for the role, with a deadline of 24 September 2018.
The Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has launched a consultation on the development of an Environmental Principles and Governance Bill. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
The 2017 Annual Report of the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) has been published online.
The discovery of a possible archaeological feature near the UNESCO World Heritage Site close to Newgrange in Co Meath has been described as ‘a very significant find’ by the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.