Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Your FIRST FREE IHBC Xmas gift to colleagues: Tell them about IHBC’s Conservation Wiki – Our digital digest for the development and construction sector 14/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’ looks ahead to our Brighton School in 2020, as the Brighton and Hove Independent reports on local heritage plans to help address the Old Town CA’s ‘at risk’ status 14/12/2018
- IHBC’s Chair at England’s 2018 Heritage Day: A personal take and update 14/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £314K+ costed work this week: Historic England seeks desk-based study addressing LPOW care questions, closing 10/01; £20k value 14/12/2018
- AHF: New partnership Heritage Impact Fund (HIF) to be launched in early 2019, ‘to increase the levels of social investment’ 14/12/2018
- Cadw: Recent publications on Wales’ historic environment 14/12/2018
- Joint Committee on draft ‘Parliamentary Buildings… Bill’: Call for evidence – Closing 18 January 14/12/2018
- ‘Strategy for future of the NHLE: sector perspective’ – Call for Evidence 14/12/2018
- New Heritage Alliance travel grant scheme: Apply for up to £1500 of £15,500 available, by 15 February 2019 14/12/2018
- Scottish Crown Estate: Landmark legislation passed allows LAs and communities to ‘take direct control’ 14/12/2018
- Ecclesiastical announces 12 Days of giving: £120,000 to 120 Charities (UK or Irish) over 12 Days 14/12/2018
- A seasonal treat as ArchDaily calls for submissions to its 2018 ‘Holiday Card Challenge’: Closing 17 December 14/12/2018
- Keynote speakers at the IHBC Annual Schools 2018/19: sharing heritage AND risk and resilience 11/12/2018
- IHBC raises objections in high-level Trailblazer Apprenticeship for ‘Historic Environment Advisors’ 11/12/2018
- DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost! 11/12/2018
- BRE and USGBC announce new partnership 11/12/2018
- Historic England Angel Award Winners 2018 Revealed 11/12/2018
- Civic Voice launches fundraising campaign to respond to Building Beautiful Commission 11/12/2018
- Scotland’s new archaeology strategy launched 11/12/2018
- Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year 11/12/2018
- Online archive of Landmark’s ‘History Albums’ now accessible 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
Daily Archives: 13/07/2018
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with many posts still open!
IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40
Continuing the remarkable run in new members of the IHBC’s conservation service quality assurance listing HESPR , multidisciplinary consultancy RSK has become the latest company to join the near 40 heritage businesses that now enjoy the benefits and support services of … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Herefordshire Council … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development
The Norwich Evening News highlights how Historic England (HE) has warned it will fight to see a Norwich City Council development at Anglia Square called in by the Secretary of State if approval looks likely.
The planning function has been relegated to lower positions in the corporate structure of local authorities across the UK, a new survey by the RTPI has revealed, as it finds that the head of planning is a member of the … Continue reading
Heritage Lottery Fund-supported charity Heritage Ability, covering the south west of England, reports that it has made it into the final 7 in the heritage category of the National Lottery Awards, and seeks public support to move further.
ChurchCare, the Church of England’s national resource supporting parishes, dioceses and cathedrals caring for their buildings, is consulting on revisions to internal procedures for fabric management, under their Faculty Rules, in order to ‘increase their simplification’, with the consultation closing … Continue reading
People seeking a bird’s-eye view of London can now ‘fly’ across the capital using an incredible interactive online tool.