Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s ‘Sample a weekly HESPR alert’ opportunity! And see how IHBC can work for you at the ‘quality end of… commercial conservation’ 19/03/2019
- IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton 19/03/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 open until 31 July – Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School… simply submit coursework online! 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the civic doorstep’; as Civic Voice raises the question: Is what is happening here happening everywhere? 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Railway Line’: Long-closed Otterington Station Grade II listed 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘Ethical Marketing’ doorstep’: AHF’s new £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings 19/03/2019
- CIfA and FAME celebrate ‘More archaeologists employed than ever before’ – as 2018 Archaeological Market Survey now available 19/03/2019
- Another record-breaking year for Scottish heritage sites 19/03/2019
- NHTG receives funding from B&CE Charitable Trust 19/03/2019
- New flagship fund for nature in Scotland launched 19/03/2019
- How to explore a secret part of London’s underground history 19/03/2019
- Old photos show Katrine aqueduct being built 19/03/2019
- IHBC launches new Toolbox ‘Advice Note on the Curtilage Rule’, on listed farmhouses and associated farm buildings 16/03/2019
- Ecclesiastical issues its Heritage Sector insights: More context for the IHBC’s 2019 School 16/03/2019
- IHBC encourages input to RTPI Corporate Strategy review, closing 17 March 16/03/2019
- IHBC reminder to employers: ‘Trailblazer’ apprenticeship consultation closes 22 March – IHBC Chair urges responses, including on ‘single’ or ‘core and option’ alternatives 16/03/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £28.3M+ costed work this week: Coventry CC seeks Project Manager for London Road Cemetery, closing 19/03, £40k-£75k 16/03/2019
- RTPI says ‘Au revoir’ to planning in the public interest… Hello ‘Austerity Planner’ 16/03/2019
- South West Wales to benefit from £27m funding boost 16/03/2019
- Heritage sector generated over £4bn for Scotland’s economy in 2017-18 16/03/2019
- Revealed: The thousands of public spaces lost to the council funding crisis 16/03/2019
- Parliamentary Committee announces inquiry into Local Government finance: Submissions closing 17 April 16/03/2019
- Man sentenced after church lead thefts spanning four counties 16/03/2019
- Buxton bid to £675m Future High Streets Fund in move to boost town centre 16/03/2019
- Futures of The Barrow Boys and Hull’s Banksy decided by Hull City Council’s planning committee 16/03/2019
Daily Archives: 13/07/2018
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with many posts still open!
IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40
Continuing the remarkable run in new members of the IHBC’s conservation service quality assurance listing HESPR , multidisciplinary consultancy RSK has become the latest company to join the near 40 heritage businesses that now enjoy the benefits and support services of … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Herefordshire Council … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development
The Norwich Evening News highlights how Historic England (HE) has warned it will fight to see a Norwich City Council development at Anglia Square called in by the Secretary of State if approval looks likely.
The planning function has been relegated to lower positions in the corporate structure of local authorities across the UK, a new survey by the RTPI has revealed, as it finds that the head of planning is a member of the … Continue reading
Heritage Lottery Fund-supported charity Heritage Ability, covering the south west of England, reports that it has made it into the final 7 in the heritage category of the National Lottery Awards, and seeks public support to move further.
ChurchCare, the Church of England’s national resource supporting parishes, dioceses and cathedrals caring for their buildings, is consulting on revisions to internal procedures for fabric management, under their Faculty Rules, in order to ‘increase their simplification’, with the consultation closing … Continue reading
People seeking a bird’s-eye view of London can now ‘fly’ across the capital using an incredible interactive online tool.