Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Is your IHBC fee late, as it was due in April! Remember ‘Money is NOT the barrier’ to progress in your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees with the IHBC 18/08/2018
- IHBC supports Civic Voice’s 2018 conference: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ – Birmingham Rep, 19/20 Oct 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £160K+ costed work this week: NHMF seeks suppliers for ‘baseline survey’ of register of support services among grantees; closing 07/09, value £15,000 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Charity hopes to buy back historic Whitechapel Bell Foundry from developers 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Boost AND Better’: On EMPs for building design and construction 18/08/2018
- Select Committee on ‘Regenerating Seaside Towns’: Inquiry seeks written evidence, closing 9/10 18/08/2018
- Government strategy for England’s Civil Society: ‘…building a future that works for everyone’ – a first in 15 years! 18/08/2018
- Alan Jones elected RIBA President 2019-21 18/08/2018
- HES Consultation: Conservation of historic plasterwork 18/08/2018
- SAVE on local legal challenge to St Michael’s in Manchester launched 18/08/2018
- Architecture Apprenticeships in England: update 18/08/2018
- ICE on ‘how can we make cities more gender inclusive?’ 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
Daily Archives: 13/07/2018
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with many posts still open!
IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40
Continuing the remarkable run in new members of the IHBC’s conservation service quality assurance listing HESPR , multidisciplinary consultancy RSK has become the latest company to join the near 40 heritage businesses that now enjoy the benefits and support services of … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Herefordshire Council … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development
The Norwich Evening News highlights how Historic England (HE) has warned it will fight to see a Norwich City Council development at Anglia Square called in by the Secretary of State if approval looks likely.
The planning function has been relegated to lower positions in the corporate structure of local authorities across the UK, a new survey by the RTPI has revealed, as it finds that the head of planning is a member of the … Continue reading
Heritage Lottery Fund-supported charity Heritage Ability, covering the south west of England, reports that it has made it into the final 7 in the heritage category of the National Lottery Awards, and seeks public support to move further.
ChurchCare, the Church of England’s national resource supporting parishes, dioceses and cathedrals caring for their buildings, is consulting on revisions to internal procedures for fabric management, under their Faculty Rules, in order to ‘increase their simplification’, with the consultation closing … Continue reading
People seeking a bird’s-eye view of London can now ‘fly’ across the capital using an incredible interactive online tool.