Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February 20/10/2018
- IHBC, HE & ALGAO’s LA conservation stats out now – 2018 20/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford 20/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair 20/10/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000. 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: MP demands – Don’t sell off GII* listed Woolwich Barracks 20/10/2018
- Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’ 20/10/2018
- CITB: Scotland’s iconic buildings set to benefit from sought-after stonemasonry skills 20/10/2018
- Plymouth’s historic Drake’s Island fortress on sale for £6m 20/10/2018
- Report ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ now out 20/10/2018
- Historic England Angel Awards finalists out: Public vote now open 20/10/2018
- Cambridge University completes restoration of college gatehouse 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
Daily Archives: 13/07/2018
Summertime is an ideal period for holidays and for planning future Autumn CPD events open to IHBC members and non-members, while our new NewsBlog resource means you can browse the wide range of Branch and partner CPD events on the … Continue reading
To help profile career opportunities across the conservation and heritage sectors, the IHBC now offers regular reviews of job openings and staff appointments featured in our IHBC Jobs etc. service, with many posts still open!
IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40
Continuing the remarkable run in new members of the IHBC’s conservation service quality assurance listing HESPR , multidisciplinary consultancy RSK has become the latest company to join the near 40 heritage businesses that now enjoy the benefits and support services of … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Herefordshire Council … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development
The Norwich Evening News highlights how Historic England (HE) has warned it will fight to see a Norwich City Council development at Anglia Square called in by the Secretary of State if approval looks likely.
The planning function has been relegated to lower positions in the corporate structure of local authorities across the UK, a new survey by the RTPI has revealed, as it finds that the head of planning is a member of the … Continue reading
Heritage Lottery Fund-supported charity Heritage Ability, covering the south west of England, reports that it has made it into the final 7 in the heritage category of the National Lottery Awards, and seeks public support to move further.
ChurchCare, the Church of England’s national resource supporting parishes, dioceses and cathedrals caring for their buildings, is consulting on revisions to internal procedures for fabric management, under their Faculty Rules, in order to ‘increase their simplification’, with the consultation closing … Continue reading
People seeking a bird’s-eye view of London can now ‘fly’ across the capital using an incredible interactive online tool.