Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- REMINDER – IHBC Student Awards update: Only 2 weeks left to win £500 and a free place in IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School! IHBC Gus Astley Student Award closes 31 July… so ‘please just send us your coursework, online and on time’! 21/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes Iceni Projects to the HESPR register as scheme heads towards 40 members, of all sizes 21/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £11.4M+ costed work: Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) sought ‘international experts’ for Butrint WHS/National Park; Opportunity closed, ceiling $150,000 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Millions of trees to be planted along route of HS2 high speed railway 21/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage across the doorstep’: On Purcell-led ‘Open Treasure’ project at Durham Cathedral winning 3 RIBA awards 21/07/2018
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’ from a Scottish Blog: Rediscovering the story of Bannockburn House, Stirling 21/07/2018
- Guardian: Mackintosh Glasgow School of Art building will be rebuilt 21/07/2018
- Stronger powers for councils to tackle empty homes in England 21/07/2018
- Welsh Government consultation on subordinate legislation: Ends 28/09 21/07/2018
- Sellafield’s biggest chimney chopped down to size 21/07/2018
- Boater accidentally drains Kennet and Avon Canal 21/07/2018
- IHBC 2018 Belfast School reflections: Spotlight on IHBC’s joint Conservation Professional Practice Principles update – Comments sought by September 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage IMHO’, from the Spectator: ‘The problem with British mosques’ 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Regeneration of Bristol’s iconic ‘Generator Building’ given go-ahead by Council 17/07/2018
- Ten-year transformation of Scottish village wins top UK planning award 17/07/2018
- Planning Inspectorate publishes 2017/18 Annual Report 17/07/2018
- Expressions of interest from potential candidates sought for the role of BEFS Chair 17/07/2018
- Defra consults on ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’: Closing 2 August 17/07/2018
- ICOMOS Annual Report for 2017 now published 17/07/2018
- Heatwave vital in discovery of a possible henge, or circular enclosure, at the Brú na Bóinne site 17/07/2018
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
Daily Archives: 10/07/2018
IHBC’s ‘Shared heritage in action’ in Belfast: NI Branch thanks delegates, volunteers, sponsors, supporters, School Friends and more, for making 2018 School such a success
The IHBC’s Northern Ireland (NI) Branch, alongside the School’s main sponsors, Heritage Collective, have offered their collective thanks to the many people and players who helped make the Day School and Full School days and evenings such a success, demonstrating … Continue reading
Scotland has played a huge part in the world of architecture, design and engineering, while a type of structure apparently found only in Scotland, the ‘Broch’, has an incredible physical presence, and could be described a marvel of engineering legacy. … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: EastEnders actress June Brown backs campaign to save Leas Pavilion from developer
KentOnline explores how battle lines are being drawn between campaigners and a developer about renewed plans to transform the Leas Pavilion in Folkestone into a health club and flats. image: Friends of the Leas Pavilion website
Mountain monasteries in South Korea, a Saudi oasis and Mumbai’s art deco buildings are among a number of sites to make it on to Unesco’s World Heritage List, reports the BBC.
A new All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) has been formed to ensure housing issues are prioritised, with the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) providing the secretariat and leading discussion on proposals from an ACE report, launched on the same … Continue reading
A Planning appeal inquiry review was announced by England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on 22 June 2018 together with its terms of reference. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Contractor Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions has been fined £500,000 with costs of £195,000 for exposing workers to Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) over a nine-year period and failing to report cases of HAVS that arose.
Some 41 places across England that were at the centre of suffragette action – from mass meetings and smashed windows to prison hunger strikes and post box fires – have been officially recognised within England’s national listings, while the grave … Continue reading
Communities across the UK are being urged to back their local high streets by entering them into the Great British High Street Awards 2018. image: Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.