Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 10/07/2018
IHBC’s ‘Shared heritage in action’ in Belfast: NI Branch thanks delegates, volunteers, sponsors, supporters, School Friends and more, for making 2018 School such a success
The IHBC’s Northern Ireland (NI) Branch, alongside the School’s main sponsors, Heritage Collective, have offered their collective thanks to the many people and players who helped make the Day School and Full School days and evenings such a success, demonstrating … Continue reading
Scotland has played a huge part in the world of architecture, design and engineering, while a type of structure apparently found only in Scotland, the ‘Broch’, has an incredible physical presence, and could be described a marvel of engineering legacy. … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: EastEnders actress June Brown backs campaign to save Leas Pavilion from developer
KentOnline explores how battle lines are being drawn between campaigners and a developer about renewed plans to transform the Leas Pavilion in Folkestone into a health club and flats. image: Friends of the Leas Pavilion website
Mountain monasteries in South Korea, a Saudi oasis and Mumbai’s art deco buildings are among a number of sites to make it on to Unesco’s World Heritage List, reports the BBC.
A new All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) has been formed to ensure housing issues are prioritised, with the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) providing the secretariat and leading discussion on proposals from an ACE report, launched on the same … Continue reading
A Planning appeal inquiry review was announced by England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on 22 June 2018 together with its terms of reference. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Contractor Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions has been fined £500,000 with costs of £195,000 for exposing workers to Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) over a nine-year period and failing to report cases of HAVS that arose.
Some 41 places across England that were at the centre of suffragette action – from mass meetings and smashed windows to prison hunger strikes and post box fires – have been officially recognised within England’s national listings, while the grave … Continue reading
Communities across the UK are being urged to back their local high streets by entering them into the Great British High Street Awards 2018. image: Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.