Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Serious about your Heritage career… or the competition? Stay ‘in the know’ with IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ updates, for all your conservation needs 15/02/2019
- IHBC Branches: Support your local ‘Successful learners in heritage skills’ with a nomination to our Marsh Awards and a chance of £500 cash and a place at Nottingham’s 2019 School 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s President’s ‘Confessions’ grace latest Historic England Online Debate… No 8: Interim protection for historic buildings before they can be listed 15/02/2019
- IHBC at London’s Listed Property Show: Recap and a huge thanks to our volunteers and leads! 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250K+ costed work this week: Chartered landscape architect sought for Sydney Gardens, Bath, closing 01/03, value £47k 15/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Controversial Halifax building earmarked for demolition granted listed status 15/02/2019
- RTPI renews call for more resources for planning in light of NAO report 15/02/2019
- Glasgow City council may move offices from city centre to ‘key regeneration areas’ 15/02/2019
- Karl Marx’s London grave vandalised in suspected hammer attack: A ‘particularly inarticulate form of political comment’ 15/02/2019
- Brexit and engineering – a take from ICE via DBW 15/02/2019
- Only a week left to enter LocalGov’s 2019 Street Design Awards, closing 28 February 2019 15/02/2019
- Planning appeal decisions could be cut by 5 months says independent review and Chair of Atom Bank, Bridget Rosewell CBE 15/02/2019
- The European capital cobbled with Jewish gravestones 15/02/2019
- IHBC members’ services ‘Checkup alert!’: Simple ways to be sure your IHBC NewsBlog email alerts read correctly, and keep up with our latest news, jobs and more! 12/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Save Parlington Campaigners celebrate Leeds CC’s green belt U-turn over Site Allocation Plan 12/02/2019
- IHBC’s 2018 ‘Out of School CPD Boost’, in Context, No. 2: ‘Transforming Shared Heritage’ 12/02/2019
- IHBC CPD boost: SPAB’s free ‘repair’ publications now online 12/02/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO signpost’: ‘Fake views’ from the Guardian, which sees lessons in the V&A’s Cast Court restoration 12/02/2019
- BPT launches crowdfund call to support challenges poor planning decisions in Bath 12/02/2019
- Draft Culture Strategy for Scotland: Consultation analysis now out 12/02/2019
- England’s council spending on cultural resources slashed by £400m over 8 years: County Councils Network 12/02/2019
- Ashford Council Cabinet passes ‘first in Kent’ undergraduate work placement and bursary scheme 12/02/2019
- Strategic framework for heritage science in the UK 2018-2023 launched at event at the Tower of London 12/02/2019
- California island (had) offered $130,000 for new lighthouse keepers 12/02/2019
- The concrete blocks that once protected Britain, in photographs 12/02/2019
Daily Archives: 10/07/2018
IHBC’s ‘Shared heritage in action’ in Belfast: NI Branch thanks delegates, volunteers, sponsors, supporters, School Friends and more, for making 2018 School such a success
The IHBC’s Northern Ireland (NI) Branch, alongside the School’s main sponsors, Heritage Collective, have offered their collective thanks to the many people and players who helped make the Day School and Full School days and evenings such a success, demonstrating … Continue reading
Scotland has played a huge part in the world of architecture, design and engineering, while a type of structure apparently found only in Scotland, the ‘Broch’, has an incredible physical presence, and could be described a marvel of engineering legacy. … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: EastEnders actress June Brown backs campaign to save Leas Pavilion from developer
KentOnline explores how battle lines are being drawn between campaigners and a developer about renewed plans to transform the Leas Pavilion in Folkestone into a health club and flats. image: Friends of the Leas Pavilion website
Mountain monasteries in South Korea, a Saudi oasis and Mumbai’s art deco buildings are among a number of sites to make it on to Unesco’s World Heritage List, reports the BBC.
A new All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) has been formed to ensure housing issues are prioritised, with the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) providing the secretariat and leading discussion on proposals from an ACE report, launched on the same … Continue reading
A Planning appeal inquiry review was announced by England’s Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on 22 June 2018 together with its terms of reference. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Contractor Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions has been fined £500,000 with costs of £195,000 for exposing workers to Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) over a nine-year period and failing to report cases of HAVS that arose.
Some 41 places across England that were at the centre of suffragette action – from mass meetings and smashed windows to prison hunger strikes and post box fires – have been officially recognised within England’s national listings, while the grave … Continue reading
Communities across the UK are being urged to back their local high streets by entering them into the Great British High Street Awards 2018. image: Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.