Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 07/07/2018
The IHBC’s North West Branch has launched its Day Conference for 2018, on ‘The Work of Faith’, which will include local tours of sites, and takes place on 18 October in the Liverpool Medical Institution.
IHBC’s International Strategy moves forward: ‘Please let us know of any links, suggestions or proposals’!
The IHBC’s burgeoning ‘International strategy’ is evolving – shaped and informed by wide-ranging contributions from members and colleagues – so if you have any thoughts, let us know! IHBC Council+ discusses ‘International strategy’
IHBC update: ‘Urgent support needed in bid for c.50 doctoral studies on timber & construction – Responses to Bangor University before 15 July’
A university consortium bid, relating to timber in construction, aims to provide EngD and PhD places for 50 students starting over the next 5 years, part funded by EPSRC, and urgently needs letters from SME’s demonstrating need, so IHBC members … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £600K costed work: Durham CC seeks Heritage Consultant for Seaham Round 2 TH, closing 20/07, value £36k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Durham City … Continue reading
Aberdeen’s Press and Journal has updated readers on construction commencing on a major project to breathe new life into what’s thought to be the only purpose-built Masonic lodge in Scotland.
Almost 80% of builders and home owners are calling on the Government to introduce a licensing scheme for the UK construction industry to stamp out rogue traders once and for all, according to the Federation of Master Builders (FMB).
Government is consulting on the ‘Policy Directions’ for The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) – the largest dedicated funder of the UK’s heritage – ‘which are being revised following a recommendation in the Tailored Review of the HLF carried out in … Continue reading
‘Building More, Building Beautiful’ report calls for more ‘traditional’ design and style, because ‘Traditional beauty can overcome Nimbyism’
Policy Exchange – a UK think tank – has published a new report ‘Building More, Building Beautiful’, co-authored by conservative philosopher Sir Roger Scruton and former Labour Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales, arguing that ‘design and style can unlock … Continue reading
Public attitudes to house building: findings from the British Social Attitudes survey 2017 is a report from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on public attitudes to house building based on questions from the British Social Attitudes … Continue reading
Arts Minister Michael Ellis has launched a £20 million fund for culture, heritage and the creative industries to benefit towns and cities across England. Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
2017 Sir John Betjeman Award goes to Guild Chapel of the Holy Cross, Stratford upon Avon: Wall painting conservation
The Death Reawakened Project to research and conserve wall paintings at the Guild Chapel of the Holy Cross in Stratford upon Avon is the winner of the SPAB’s 2017 Sir John Betjeman Award. image SPAB website