Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 21/06/2018
The IHBC’s 2018 Annual School – the institute’s annual UK-wide conference for conservation professionals, themed on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ and with HESPR member Heritage Collective as our main sponsor – has opened in Belfast, offering extensive tours for the 3 … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Birmingham City … Continue reading
Labour has stepped in to stop the historic London building and recording studios, Maida Vale Studios, from being bulldozed as the BBC prepares to sell it, as reported by The Evening Standard. image: By John Andrew, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=13656620
A historical water fountain outside London’s St Pancras International Station has been restored, and featured by BBC news.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy
American news broadcaster CNN recently featured the ‘jewel-like tower’ that is Westminster Abbey’s ‘first new structural addition in 250 years’, designed by the abbey’s official surveyor – Ptolemy Dean – as, ‘tucked away in an intersection of the 1,000-year-old building’s … Continue reading
HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July
Historic England seeks responses on the development of a new standard for apprentices working as ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisors’, closing 8 July.
Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July
Heritage 2020 a sector-wide initiative to sustain and promote the historic environment of England, is seeking ‘Expressions of Interest’ in a pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July.
The first intake of innovative new social enterprise Public Practice meet the Mayor of London.17 outstanding Associates selected from over 200 applicants begin year-long placements across London and the wider South East to deliver affordable homes and inclusive places.
Historic England seeks to broaden the membership of the Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC), which advises Historic England’s Commission and staff on novel, contentious, sensitive or technically complex policy and casework, and is seeking up to four new members and are keen … Continue reading