Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Award winners now out: Strathclyde University’s Estefania Macchi secures 2018 Award with information management and design focus; Commended successes cover Brutalism, conflict, staircases, cob, CMPs and much, much more 23/03/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £89M+ costed work this week: Waveney DC etc. seeks accredited architect for ‘as and when’ support for Lowestoft High Street Conservation Grant Scheme, closing 04/04, £25k-£50k 23/03/2019
- Major investment in Scotland’s conservation training as HES Conservation Directorate seeks 10 trainees, with salary starts from £17,500 and closing 8 April: All now out on IHBC’s unique Jobs etc service 23/03/2019
- HE’s regular Planning Bulletin highlights omission of ‘heritage’ from draft Environment (Principles and Governance) Bill 23/03/2019
- RTPI signs blue-green infrastructure declaration on need for investment in natural solutions to flood risk and climate change 23/03/2019
- Craft skills under threat with 37 additions to HCA’s Red List of Endangered Crafts 23/03/2019
- Parliamentary Committee: Reforms needed to secure future for high streets and town centres 23/03/2019
- ICOMOS International Day for Monuments and Sites on 18 April themed on Rural Landscapes for 2019 23/03/2019
- BEFS submits response to the Scottish Charity Law Consultation for sector reference: Open till 1 April 23/03/2019
- Being Human festival searches for the UK’s best arts and humanities events: 14-23 Nov 23/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Sample a weekly HESPR alert’ opportunity! And see how IHBC can work for you at the ‘quality end of… commercial conservation’ 19/03/2019
- IHBC South East Branch 2019 Day School report: ‘Policy in Practice’, with a forward look to IHBC’s 2020 Annual School in Brighton 19/03/2019
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s Gus Astley Student Awards 2019 open until 31 July – Win £500 and a free place on IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School… simply submit coursework online! 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the civic doorstep’; as Civic Voice raises the question: Is what is happening here happening everywhere? 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the Railway Line’: Long-closed Otterington Station Grade II listed 19/03/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the ‘Ethical Marketing’ doorstep’: AHF’s new £7m loan and social investment fund to secure the future of the UK’s historic buildings 19/03/2019
- CIfA and FAME celebrate ‘More archaeologists employed than ever before’ – as 2018 Archaeological Market Survey now available 19/03/2019
- Another record-breaking year for Scottish heritage sites 19/03/2019
- NHTG receives funding from B&CE Charitable Trust 19/03/2019
- New flagship fund for nature in Scotland launched 19/03/2019
- How to explore a secret part of London’s underground history 19/03/2019
- Old photos show Katrine aqueduct being built 19/03/2019
- IHBC launches new Toolbox ‘Advice Note on the Curtilage Rule’, on listed farmhouses and associated farm buildings 16/03/2019
- Ecclesiastical issues its Heritage Sector insights: More context for the IHBC’s 2019 School 16/03/2019
- IHBC encourages input to RTPI Corporate Strategy review, closing 17 March 16/03/2019
Daily Archives: 21/06/2018
The IHBC’s 2018 Annual School – the institute’s annual UK-wide conference for conservation professionals, themed on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ and with HESPR member Heritage Collective as our main sponsor – has opened in Belfast, offering extensive tours for the 3 … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Birmingham City … Continue reading
Labour has stepped in to stop the historic London building and recording studios, Maida Vale Studios, from being bulldozed as the BBC prepares to sell it, as reported by The Evening Standard. image: By John Andrew, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=13656620
A historical water fountain outside London’s St Pancras International Station has been restored, and featured by BBC news.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy
American news broadcaster CNN recently featured the ‘jewel-like tower’ that is Westminster Abbey’s ‘first new structural addition in 250 years’, designed by the abbey’s official surveyor – Ptolemy Dean – as, ‘tucked away in an intersection of the 1,000-year-old building’s … Continue reading
HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July
Historic England seeks responses on the development of a new standard for apprentices working as ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisors’, closing 8 July.
Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July
Heritage 2020 a sector-wide initiative to sustain and promote the historic environment of England, is seeking ‘Expressions of Interest’ in a pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July.
The first intake of innovative new social enterprise Public Practice meet the Mayor of London.17 outstanding Associates selected from over 200 applicants begin year-long placements across London and the wider South East to deliver affordable homes and inclusive places.
Historic England seeks to broaden the membership of the Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC), which advises Historic England’s Commission and staff on novel, contentious, sensitive or technically complex policy and casework, and is seeking up to four new members and are keen … Continue reading