Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 21/06/2018
The IHBC’s 2018 Annual School – the institute’s annual UK-wide conference for conservation professionals, themed on ‘Our Shared Heritage’ and with HESPR member Heritage Collective as our main sponsor – has opened in Belfast, offering extensive tours for the 3 … Continue reading
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring the call from Birmingham City … Continue reading
Labour has stepped in to stop the historic London building and recording studios, Maida Vale Studios, from being bulldozed as the BBC prepares to sell it, as reported by The Evening Standard. image: By John Andrew, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=13656620
A historical water fountain outside London’s St Pancras International Station has been restored, and featured by BBC news.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy
American news broadcaster CNN recently featured the ‘jewel-like tower’ that is Westminster Abbey’s ‘first new structural addition in 250 years’, designed by the abbey’s official surveyor – Ptolemy Dean – as, ‘tucked away in an intersection of the 1,000-year-old building’s … Continue reading
HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July
Historic England seeks responses on the development of a new standard for apprentices working as ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisors’, closing 8 July.
Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July
Heritage 2020 a sector-wide initiative to sustain and promote the historic environment of England, is seeking ‘Expressions of Interest’ in a pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July.
The first intake of innovative new social enterprise Public Practice meet the Mayor of London.17 outstanding Associates selected from over 200 applicants begin year-long placements across London and the wider South East to deliver affordable homes and inclusive places.
Historic England seeks to broaden the membership of the Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC), which advises Historic England’s Commission and staff on novel, contentious, sensitive or technically complex policy and casework, and is seeking up to four new members and are keen … Continue reading