Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Don’t forget: IHBC’s 2019 Gus Astley Student Awards close 31 July – Simply submit coursework (anything from history to design and beyond) for the chance of £500 and a free place at the IHBC’s 2020 Brighton School! 21/05/2019
- IHBC’s ToolBox SelfStarter update for ‘Volunteers and Careers’: New UK heritage careers guide from BEFS and Heritage Alliance 21/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Bedford Hospital must keep historic nursery rhyme tiles 21/05/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD Boost’ and case study – out of Context and inside Scotland – on ‘Thatching techniques’ 21/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight on heritage and risk: Notre Dame shows ‘the unifying force of culture, Grenfell the corruption of government’ 21/05/2019
- Great Yarmouth Council £2m scheme to buy and renovate ‘dilapidated’ flats 21/05/2019
- Councillor calls on government to revoke demolition process without consultation 21/05/2019
- SPAB launches the Philip Webb Award for 2019 21/05/2019
- Isle of Wight houses on graves plan branded ‘appalling’ by relatives: BBC 21/05/2019
- Protecting the Scottish countryside: apply for funding 21/05/2019
- Competition ‘Call for Entries: Barjeel Museum for Modern Arab Art’, seeks designs ‘informed by local cultural heritage and environmental conditions’: Registration opens 1 June 21/05/2019
- New IHBC Yearbook web resource launched: ‘Look back with pride (and perspective)… to IHBC 2007 and after’ 18/05/2019
- Staff changes at the IHBC: Carla (Support@ihbc.org.uk) moves on now, Kate (LETS@ihbc.org.uk) after 2019 Nottingham School – backups and replacements planned 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £2M+ costed opportunities this week: RSPB Cymru seeks team for the Lake Vyrnwy Experience Project, closing 3/06, valued at £1.2M 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Lidl car park could wipe out nationally important historic monument in Carmarthen 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ spotlight: Cliff Hague says ‘We risk losing Edinburgh’s Princes Street Gardens… forever’ 18/05/2019
- Planning Inspectorate announces search for recruit 20 senior inspectors: Closing 30 May 18/05/2019
- Westminster: Legislative plans for Olympics-style body to oversee restoration works 18/05/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland surveys stakeholders about ‘role in the planning system’: 6 minute survey closes 6 June 18/05/2019
- Empty dwelling management orders hit all-time low 18/05/2019
- ‘New-build homes not fire safe’, BBC investigation finds 18/05/2019
- Conservation joint research call for Analysis; Values; At Risk, and ‘Layered conservation’ – Closing 3 September 2019 18/05/2019
- Now you can get a degree in carving from City & Guilds of London Art School 18/05/2019
- Ever wondered ‘How Venice Works’, with 124 Islands, 183 Canals & 438 Bridges 18/05/2019
- IHBC’s Council+ on help from ‘MATEs’ and much more: from AGM previews to accreditation and CPD, support, scrutiny and certification 14/05/2019
Daily Archives: 19/06/2018
Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched
An updated version of the Derry Walls management plan has been published, setting out practical information on how the walls are managed, delegation of responsibilities and what permissions are required to stage events or carry out works, complementing the Conservation … Continue reading
Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook
In the IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, an article by IHBC Northern Ireland Branch Chair and lead School organiser, Andrew McClelland, looks at shared heritage from a social perspective.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status
The campaign to secure the listing of Slough’s Horlicks building – its ‘iconic factory’ – has been unsuccessful, reports The Slough Observer. image: Chris Allen / Horlicks Factory CC BY-SA 2.0
Glasgow’s world-renowned School of Art has been gutted by another huge blaze, four years after part of the building was destroyed by fire.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), has summarised its take on debate on a motion in the Scottish Parliament generating consensus on the need for changes to legislation linked to the condition of Scotland’s tenement housing stock.
MaintenanceBooker is a new heritage website set by a partnership that includes the National Churches Trust – the UK’s church building support charity – intended to help ‘keep historic churches and chapels safe for the future’, which was launched following … Continue reading
The first Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Areas of Research Interest (ARI) publication has been issued, summarising the most important research questions facing DCMS.
The Places of Worship (PoW) team at Historic England (HE) has developed and updated web pages that offer advice, guiding principles and sources of further information on historic places of worship.
An application to develop the former Snibston colliery site and country park was permitted by North West Leicestershire (NWL) District Council (DC) Planning Committee on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
The 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue, ‘Revive and Survive’ will be published by SAVE on 27 June 2018.