Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, with cash, stand, and chair, asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Birmingham Live celebrates city airport’s first terminal building being saved from bulldozers 25/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost in Context’: Conservation philosophy from the IHBC Chair’s ‘Notes’, Context No. 154 25/09/2018
- Launch of ‘Partners in Planning’, in Scotland 25/09/2018
- More funding to boost services in England’s village pubs… 25/09/2018
- Theresa May says people should be proud of their council house 25/09/2018
- STBA: 3 year pilot for ‘Whole House Retrofit Toolkit’ 25/09/2018
- Scotland: New funding phase for Outdoor Learning – ‘OLiN’ 25/09/2018
- User needs survey on new OASIS system, closing end September 25/09/2018
- Dover District Council tackles poorly maintained town centre properties 25/09/2018
- Parliamentary Motion celebrates Sixth Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival 25/09/2018
- Secure your place at the heart of ‘Creative Conservation’, with sector leads (AHF, HE, THA etc.) + case studies + networks + stands: 4 Oct – ‘Cost effective and creative CPD, from London IHBC!’ 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s special Branch outreach and support uplift – All you need on your annual operations as new ‘IHBC Branch Operations’ and ‘Social Media Guidance’ launched! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £1.2M+ costed work this week: Dover DC seeks services relating to Maison Dieu – closing 10/10, valued £52k 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost with a twist: Context’s distillation in ‘Periodically’ … and fast too! 21/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (theatre) doorstep’: Theatre Royal Plymouth granted listed status – and Stage touts! 21/09/2018
- Government faces court action from FoE over ‘illegal’ planning policy 21/09/2018
- Seven Welsh high streets shortlisted for Great British High Street awards 21/09/2018
- ‘Prioritisation within built heritage’ – BEFS’ calls for ideas 21/09/2018
- Uxbridge homeowner who built illegal extensions ordered to pay nearly £10k in fines by court 21/09/2018
- Vic Soc Top 10 list reveals eclectic selection of endangered buildings 21/09/2018
- New HE & IHBC joint Webinar pilot: First online offerings and updates with ‘Enforcement’ focus – webinars from 11 Oct, with booking open now! 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Practice Spotlight’: Crumbling masonry in GII Gothic house cleaned up following S.215 ‘Untidy Sites Notice’ – ‘powers not used enough…’ says the IHBC 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s Context ‘CPD boost’- A heritage conservation revolution, in context 18/09/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage on the doorstep’: York Civic Trust on ‘the first modern lesbian’ 18/09/2018
Daily Archives: 19/06/2018
Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched
An updated version of the Derry Walls management plan has been published, setting out practical information on how the walls are managed, delegation of responsibilities and what permissions are required to stage events or carry out works, complementing the Conservation … Continue reading
Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook
In the IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, an article by IHBC Northern Ireland Branch Chair and lead School organiser, Andrew McClelland, looks at shared heritage from a social perspective.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status
The campaign to secure the listing of Slough’s Horlicks building – its ‘iconic factory’ – has been unsuccessful, reports The Slough Observer. image: Chris Allen / Horlicks Factory CC BY-SA 2.0
Glasgow’s world-renowned School of Art has been gutted by another huge blaze, four years after part of the building was destroyed by fire.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), has summarised its take on debate on a motion in the Scottish Parliament generating consensus on the need for changes to legislation linked to the condition of Scotland’s tenement housing stock.
MaintenanceBooker is a new heritage website set by a partnership that includes the National Churches Trust – the UK’s church building support charity – intended to help ‘keep historic churches and chapels safe for the future’, which was launched following … Continue reading
The first Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Areas of Research Interest (ARI) publication has been issued, summarising the most important research questions facing DCMS.
The Places of Worship (PoW) team at Historic England (HE) has developed and updated web pages that offer advice, guiding principles and sources of further information on historic places of worship.
An application to develop the former Snibston colliery site and country park was permitted by North West Leicestershire (NWL) District Council (DC) Planning Committee on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
The 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue, ‘Revive and Survive’ will be published by SAVE on 27 June 2018.