Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s sixth NewsBlog Branches Update: Explore Branch CPD events across the UK 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc’ skills review: From private to public sector posts (and both) 13/07/2018
- IHBC welcomes RSK to HESPR, as IHBC’s unique interdisciplinary quality assurance service now nears 40 13/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top NewsBlog pick from £450K of costed work this week: Herefordshire Council seeks consultant for city design guide, closing 30/07, value £80k 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: ‘Norwich deserves better’ – HE warns it will fight Anglia Square development 13/07/2018
- RTPI: Planning absent from top table in 83% of councils in the UK, despite statutory function 13/07/2018
- Heritage Ability finalists in the National Lottery Awards! 13/07/2018
- ChurchCare: Further Faculty Rules consultation – closes 6 August 13/07/2018
- Incredible interactive panoramic cityscape lets you ‘fly’ across London at sunset 13/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Shared heritage in action’ in Belfast: NI Branch thanks delegates, volunteers, sponsors, supporters, School Friends and more, for making 2018 School such a success 10/07/2018
- IHBC’s CPD boost: Caithness Broch Project and some of the secrets of broch building 10/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: EastEnders actress June Brown backs campaign to save Leas Pavilion from developer 10/07/2018
- Unesco announces range of new World Heritage Sites 10/07/2018
- New UK parliamentary group – APPG – formed on good design and placemaking, supported by by ACE 10/07/2018
- England’s planning appeal inquiries review with terms of reference announced 10/07/2018
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) failures cost Balfour Beatty £695,000 10/07/2018
- Sites of suffragette protest and sabotage recognised in England’s lists 10/07/2018
- Launch of UK’s Great British High Street competition 2018 10/07/2018
- IHBC North West Branch Day Conference: ‘The Work of Faith’, 18th October, Liverpool 07/07/2018
- IHBC’s International Strategy moves forward: ‘Please let us know of any links, suggestions or proposals’! 07/07/2018
- IHBC update: ‘Urgent support needed in bid for c.50 doctoral studies on timber & construction – Responses to Bangor University before 15 July’ 07/07/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week from £600K costed work: Durham CC seeks Heritage Consultant for Seaham Round 2 TH, closing 20/07, value £36k 07/07/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Historic Masonic lodge to be turned into flats in Aberdeen 07/07/2018
- FMB: Nearly 80% of builders and consumers support licensing construction 07/07/2018
- HLF ‘Policy Directions’ consultation 07/07/2018
Daily Archives: 19/06/2018
Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched
An updated version of the Derry Walls management plan has been published, setting out practical information on how the walls are managed, delegation of responsibilities and what permissions are required to stage events or carry out works, complementing the Conservation … Continue reading
Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook
In the IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, an article by IHBC Northern Ireland Branch Chair and lead School organiser, Andrew McClelland, looks at shared heritage from a social perspective.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status
The campaign to secure the listing of Slough’s Horlicks building – its ‘iconic factory’ – has been unsuccessful, reports The Slough Observer. image: Chris Allen / Horlicks Factory CC BY-SA 2.0
Glasgow’s world-renowned School of Art has been gutted by another huge blaze, four years after part of the building was destroyed by fire.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), has summarised its take on debate on a motion in the Scottish Parliament generating consensus on the need for changes to legislation linked to the condition of Scotland’s tenement housing stock.
MaintenanceBooker is a new heritage website set by a partnership that includes the National Churches Trust – the UK’s church building support charity – intended to help ‘keep historic churches and chapels safe for the future’, which was launched following … Continue reading
The first Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Areas of Research Interest (ARI) publication has been issued, summarising the most important research questions facing DCMS.
The Places of Worship (PoW) team at Historic England (HE) has developed and updated web pages that offer advice, guiding principles and sources of further information on historic places of worship.
An application to develop the former Snibston colliery site and country park was permitted by North West Leicestershire (NWL) District Council (DC) Planning Committee on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
The 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue, ‘Revive and Survive’ will be published by SAVE on 27 June 2018.