Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Keynote speakers at the IHBC Annual Schools 2018/19: sharing heritage AND risk and resilience 11/12/2018
- IHBC raises objections in high-level Trailblazer Apprenticeship for ‘Historic Environment Advisors’ 11/12/2018
- DesigningBuildings Wiki features IHBC’s Context celebrating ‘50 years of the TCPA and LB protection’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s technical CPD boost from the UKGBC: ‘Improving visualisation of embodied carbon to inform better design decisions’ 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’, collective and out of Context: ‘How can we communicate our shared heritage?’- Ask your co-workers and kick-start your own CPD boost! 11/12/2018
- BRE and USGBC announce new partnership 11/12/2018
- Historic England Angel Award Winners 2018 Revealed 11/12/2018
- Civic Voice launches fundraising campaign to respond to Building Beautiful Commission 11/12/2018
- Scotland’s new archaeology strategy launched 11/12/2018
- Gardens Trusts symposium reveals new discoveries about landscape gardener Humphry Repton in bicentenary year 11/12/2018
- Online archive of Landmark’s ‘History Albums’ now accessible 11/12/2018
- IHBC’s latest Council+ corners the tables to see how best to deliver member services 07/12/2018
- C20 Society’s Christmas gift to IHBC members: Join up and get a free ticket to ‘Looking Beyond the Bauhaus’ lecture series 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £253M+ costed work this week: Scottish Redundant Churches Trust seeks Conservation Plan author for Ninian Comper’s Cat A St Margaret’s, Braemar, closing 7/12; No price given 07/12/2018
- CPD in Context: ‘Risky buildings and sacred spaces’, and what we can learned from Belfast 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘CPD Boost’: Wellcome’s Living with Buildings exhibition, on health and the built environment – to 3 March, London 07/12/2018
- England’s ‘Open Doors’ pilot: Call for landlords to help match empty space to community needs – closing 31 Dec 07/12/2018
- Updates on England’s programme on planning reform 07/12/2018
- Fine of £5500 for misusing the title ‘architect’ 07/12/2018
- Warburg Institute Funded Research Fellowships for 2019-20 07/12/2018
- Idlicote House landowner loses appeal over sale of urns 07/12/2018
- RTPI to investigate strategic infrastructure planning 07/12/2018
- Scottish Lochside House named House of the Year 2018 07/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Out of Context’ CPD check-up and prize: ‘Who said that?’ – And what would you say back? FREE BS7913 for the best responses… 04/12/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (student’s) doorstep’: Making Meersbrook Project Film, Nov 2018 04/12/2018
Daily Archives: 19/06/2018
Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched
An updated version of the Derry Walls management plan has been published, setting out practical information on how the walls are managed, delegation of responsibilities and what permissions are required to stage events or carry out works, complementing the Conservation … Continue reading
Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook
In the IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, an article by IHBC Northern Ireland Branch Chair and lead School organiser, Andrew McClelland, looks at shared heritage from a social perspective.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status
The campaign to secure the listing of Slough’s Horlicks building – its ‘iconic factory’ – has been unsuccessful, reports The Slough Observer. image: Chris Allen / Horlicks Factory CC BY-SA 2.0
Glasgow’s world-renowned School of Art has been gutted by another huge blaze, four years after part of the building was destroyed by fire.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), has summarised its take on debate on a motion in the Scottish Parliament generating consensus on the need for changes to legislation linked to the condition of Scotland’s tenement housing stock.
MaintenanceBooker is a new heritage website set by a partnership that includes the National Churches Trust – the UK’s church building support charity – intended to help ‘keep historic churches and chapels safe for the future’, which was launched following … Continue reading
The first Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Areas of Research Interest (ARI) publication has been issued, summarising the most important research questions facing DCMS.
The Places of Worship (PoW) team at Historic England (HE) has developed and updated web pages that offer advice, guiding principles and sources of further information on historic places of worship.
An application to develop the former Snibston colliery site and country park was permitted by North West Leicestershire (NWL) District Council (DC) Planning Committee on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
The 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue, ‘Revive and Survive’ will be published by SAVE on 27 June 2018.