Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC launches consultation on Corporate Plan 2020-25 (‘CP25’) as ‘Stage 1’ scoping: First responses sought by 1 January 15/11/2019
- IHBC President launches next IHBC Marsh Awards: ‘Your new chance to nominate ‘retired IHBC members’ and/or ‘successful learners’ for our awards’, closing 29 Feb 2020 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s great ‘FREE CPD’ opportunity: Still chances to join us at Council+, London GII* venue, 28 November, on ‘CPD for interdisciplinary practitioners’ (Expenses paid; numbers restricted) 15/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’… as blueprint ‘Prospectus’ for 100 multi-million pound Town Deals revealed 15/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £100M+ costed opportunities this week: Housing Association with substantial historic legacy seeks consultants for Framework Agreement, valued £100M, closing 06/12 15/11/2019
- Possible first for Proceeds of Crime Act as couple ordered to pay £42,000 after harming Grade II listed building in Peak District NP 15/11/2019
- Historic Environment Scotland seek new Board Members: closing Friday, 6 December 2019 15/11/2019
- Great Yarmouth Winter Gardens: Repairs ordered to save listed building 15/11/2019
- Increase in construction injuries and fall in prosecutions raises concerns for long term safety 15/11/2019
- PHE report on ‘Spatial Planning for Health’ calls on build environment and health professionals to communicate more 15/11/2019
- Medieval wall collapse in Lewes 15/11/2019
- AHRC & partners ‘Being Human’ – festival of the humanities – launched 14/11 15/11/2019
- IHBC congratulates Climate Heritage Network on Edinburgh’s global launch, with IHBC’s updated ToolBox Guidance Note on ‘Retrofitting… Traditional Buildings’… part of a ‘major contribution’ 12/11/2019
- More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ and #IHBCBrighton2020, with warnings that towns are ‘starved of investment’ because much foreign investment goes to cities 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Oxford college’s plans for accommodation concern historians 12/11/2019
- IHBC’s IMHO signpost: Why Britain needs more women in engineering – more than the current 11% certainly! 12/11/2019
- Construction urged to do more for butterflies and bees, via SNH 12/11/2019
- New AIM economic report explores impact of independent museums locally and nationally 12/11/2019
- LGA responds to Government pocket parks programme 12/11/2019
- CSCS ends exemption to HSE test requirements 12/11/2019
- Edinburgh’s Castle Terrace car park awarded protected status 12/11/2019
- Heritage Collective welcomed by IHBC as Brighton’s 2020 School ‘Principal Sponsor’: More looking ahead to ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’ with #IHBCBrighton2020! 08/11/2019
- More looking ahead to #IHBCBrighton2020 and ‘OLD TOWNS : NEW FUTURES’: High Streets emergency declared by DCN – New retail planning applications halve in five years 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £795K+ costed opportunities this week: BPT seeks team to transform church into community centre of environmental awareness, valued £555K, closing 25/11 08/11/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Melton’s controversial ‘cheese wedge’ homes plan given go-ahead despite local objections 08/11/2019
Daily Archives: 19/06/2018
Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched
An updated version of the Derry Walls management plan has been published, setting out practical information on how the walls are managed, delegation of responsibilities and what permissions are required to stage events or carry out works, complementing the Conservation … Continue reading
Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook
In the IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, an article by IHBC Northern Ireland Branch Chair and lead School organiser, Andrew McClelland, looks at shared heritage from a social perspective.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status
The campaign to secure the listing of Slough’s Horlicks building – its ‘iconic factory’ – has been unsuccessful, reports The Slough Observer. image: Chris Allen / Horlicks Factory CC BY-SA 2.0
Glasgow’s world-renowned School of Art has been gutted by another huge blaze, four years after part of the building was destroyed by fire.
Built Environment Forum Scotland (BEFS), has summarised its take on debate on a motion in the Scottish Parliament generating consensus on the need for changes to legislation linked to the condition of Scotland’s tenement housing stock.
MaintenanceBooker is a new heritage website set by a partnership that includes the National Churches Trust – the UK’s church building support charity – intended to help ‘keep historic churches and chapels safe for the future’, which was launched following … Continue reading
The first Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Areas of Research Interest (ARI) publication has been issued, summarising the most important research questions facing DCMS.
The Places of Worship (PoW) team at Historic England (HE) has developed and updated web pages that offer advice, guiding principles and sources of further information on historic places of worship.
An application to develop the former Snibston colliery site and country park was permitted by North West Leicestershire (NWL) District Council (DC) Planning Committee on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
The 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue, ‘Revive and Survive’ will be published by SAVE on 27 June 2018.