Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- Is your IHBC fee late, as it was due in April! Remember ‘Money is NOT the barrier’ to progress in your heritage career, job or trade – from low fees to no fees with the IHBC 18/08/2018
- IHBC supports Civic Voice’s 2018 conference: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ – Birmingham Rep, 19/20 Oct 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £160K+ costed work this week: NHMF seeks suppliers for ‘baseline survey’ of register of support services among grantees; closing 07/09, value £15,000 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Charity hopes to buy back historic Whitechapel Bell Foundry from developers 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Boost AND Better’: On EMPs for building design and construction 18/08/2018
- Select Committee on ‘Regenerating Seaside Towns’: Inquiry seeks written evidence, closing 9/10 18/08/2018
- Government strategy for England’s Civil Society: ‘…building a future that works for everyone’ – a first in 15 years! 18/08/2018
- Alan Jones elected RIBA President 2019-21 18/08/2018
- HES Consultation: Conservation of historic plasterwork 18/08/2018
- SAVE on local legal challenge to St Michael’s in Manchester launched 18/08/2018
- Architecture Apprenticeships in England: update 18/08/2018
- ICE on ‘how can we make cities more gender inclusive?’ 18/08/2018
- IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ skills review: Heritage specialisms from regulation and regeneration to project management, design and more 14/08/2018
- IHBC CPD ‘Boost AND checkup’: DBW on Prefabrication 14/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘IMHO’ feature – from the Guardian: ‘Welcome to Brumbria: should the West Midlands become a national park? 14/08/2018
- Court of Appeal sets out principles in considering the setting of listed buildings and the effect of developments 14/08/2018
- BEFS calls for case studies for next Historic Environment Audit 14/08/2018
- ACEVO and IoF on ‘Racial diversity in the charity sector’ 14/08/2018
- Director jailed after employees burn to death 14/08/2018
- Plácido Domingo and EU Commissioner Navracsics announce Europe’s top heritage award winners 2018 in Berlin 14/08/2018
- LI’s new president launches #ChooseLandscape careers campaign: ‘… to address urgent skills shortages in the landscape profession’ 14/08/2018
- IHBC London Branch Conference 2018: ‘Creative Conservation: Partnerships and Public Value’ – RCP, 4 October 10/08/2018
- IHBC spotlights ‘EPCs Call for Evidence’ – RESPONSES NEEDED!’ 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £250M+ costed work this week: East Herts seeks regeneration developer for Bishop’s Stortford site; closing 28/08, values up to £200M 10/08/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Cash boost helps preserve historic North York Moors monuments 10/08/2018
Daily Archives: 06/06/2018
The IHBC’s 2018 AGM papers – to be scrutinised at the Annual General Meeting at 5.15pm on Friday 22 June 2018, at Riddel Hall, Queen’s University Belfast, 185 Stranmillis Road – have been issued to members, including nominations, financial summaries … Continue reading
More IHBC members with benefits: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 19/20 July (Glasgow); 17/18 Sept & 12/13 Nov (London)
The CIOB has continued its offer of 15% reductions for IHBC members attending its conservation courses, with a new event set for 19/20 July in Glasgow, alongside planned events in London on 17/18 September and 12/13 November.
Plans to demolish a disused chapel in Ponciau, Wrexham to make way for housing have been approved, though ‘councillors lamented the disappearance of another place of worship from an area…’, as the Leader reports.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walsall’s GII former Highgate Brewery back up for sale… with near £1m price tag
The former Highgate Brewery, in Sandymount Road, Walsall, a Grade II listed building opened in 1898, is now being marketed with Birmingham-based property retailer Siddall Jones at £975,000 as it failed to sell at several auctions, The Express and Star … Continue reading
Government has launched the new ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’ consultation, on a new body to hold government to account and ‘ensure environmental protections will not be weakened as we leave the EU.’ Contains public sector information licensed under the … Continue reading
Business Information Modelling (BIM) is a 3D-modelling process which involves collecting and managing as much information as possible on current or proposed structures and a Planning Portal survey would like to know if you currently use this technology and what … Continue reading
A new £3 million fund to support creative and cultural organisations across the Northern Powerhouse has been announced by the Prime Minister on 8 May following an Industrial Strategy Sector deal for creative industries earlier in the year. Contains public … Continue reading
Consultation launched by Brighton and Hove Council on Royal Pavillion Gardens listed ‘at risk’ by HE
The Royal Pavilion Gardens, Brighton listed as ‘at risk’ by Historic England (HE) since October 2017 are the subject matter of a consultation by Brighton and Hove Council.
The Charities Commission has published two new guidance documents covering what is required of a charity trustee, including responsibilities to the charity: The essential trustee: what you need to know, what you need to do, and The essential trustee: 6 … Continue reading
An Allchurches Trust grant will give a vital funding boost to an innovative scheme by the Churches Conservation Trust (CCT) that has engaged more than 13,500 children and young people in learning activities in their local church.