Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC is at the 2019 Natural Stone Show, naturally – offering delegates news on IHBC’s HESPR, Conservation Wiki and much more: Excel, 30/4 to 2/5 – with more updates now out! 23/04/2019
- IHBC trustee and Technical Panel lead Prof John Edwards explores with CIOB how ‘Conservation is driving quality in construction’, for its annual ‘conservation etc.’ conference, 30 April, London 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (School) doorstep’: Edinburgh pupils to be taught construction skills to boost recruitment 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD Boost on ‘Adversarial behaviour in the UK construction industry’, from DBW 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ Boost: Original Bauhaus Books and Journals free to download! 23/04/2019
- Prince Charles, after Hillsborough’s ‘facelift’: Future of built heritage could be endangered by traditional skills shortage 23/04/2019
- Another historic building hit by fire: Major fire in the former Church of St John the Evangelist, Blackburn 23/04/2019
- Construction opportunities offered to 20 career-changing women 23/04/2019
- Place Alliance’s Big Meet 9 sees launch of ‘Place Value and the Ladder of Place Quality’ and seeks feedback on success to date 23/04/2019
- EH: Bob Marley named among new blue plaque recipients for 2019 23/04/2019
- WMF awarded grant for skills training project in Yemen 23/04/2019
- The Iron Bridge reopens to the public following £3.6 Million Project 23/04/2019
- CYARK: Building digital capacity in Rapa Nui 23/04/2019
- IHBC Nottingham 2019 – ‘Perspectives to take to School’: Notre Dame, the story so far… 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School Branch free 7 May pre-School evening update: ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions for protecting heritage…’ 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290K+ costed work: Royal Botanic Gardens Kew etc. seeks condition survey of Wakehurst Mansion, closing 25/04, value £65k 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Talks on future improvements of ‘vast woodland areas’ at Duff House, Banff 19/04/2019
- Comments get Scruton sacked from Building Beautiful commission 19/04/2019
- Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS): ‘Planning Bill Could Break the System’ 19/04/2019
- HTN launches new partnership to support over 250 member organisations develop financial skills and knowledge 19/04/2019
- Historic England seeks Committee and Panel members and advisers etc., various closing dates 19/04/2019
- Communities bid to make their high streets fit for the future 19/04/2019
- Historic England launches new heritage apprenticeships 19/04/2019
- ‘Creating better towns’: A free aide-memoire published 19/04/2019
- Scottish natural capital accounts welcomed by SNH 19/04/2019
Daily Archives: 06/06/2018
The IHBC’s 2018 AGM papers – to be scrutinised at the Annual General Meeting at 5.15pm on Friday 22 June 2018, at Riddel Hall, Queen’s University Belfast, 185 Stranmillis Road – have been issued to members, including nominations, financial summaries … Continue reading
More IHBC members with benefits: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 19/20 July (Glasgow); 17/18 Sept & 12/13 Nov (London)
The CIOB has continued its offer of 15% reductions for IHBC members attending its conservation courses, with a new event set for 19/20 July in Glasgow, alongside planned events in London on 17/18 September and 12/13 November.
Plans to demolish a disused chapel in Ponciau, Wrexham to make way for housing have been approved, though ‘councillors lamented the disappearance of another place of worship from an area…’, as the Leader reports.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walsall’s GII former Highgate Brewery back up for sale… with near £1m price tag
The former Highgate Brewery, in Sandymount Road, Walsall, a Grade II listed building opened in 1898, is now being marketed with Birmingham-based property retailer Siddall Jones at £975,000 as it failed to sell at several auctions, The Express and Star … Continue reading
Government has launched the new ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’ consultation, on a new body to hold government to account and ‘ensure environmental protections will not be weakened as we leave the EU.’ Contains public sector information licensed under the … Continue reading
Business Information Modelling (BIM) is a 3D-modelling process which involves collecting and managing as much information as possible on current or proposed structures and a Planning Portal survey would like to know if you currently use this technology and what … Continue reading
A new £3 million fund to support creative and cultural organisations across the Northern Powerhouse has been announced by the Prime Minister on 8 May following an Industrial Strategy Sector deal for creative industries earlier in the year. Contains public … Continue reading
Consultation launched by Brighton and Hove Council on Royal Pavillion Gardens listed ‘at risk’ by HE
The Royal Pavilion Gardens, Brighton listed as ‘at risk’ by Historic England (HE) since October 2017 are the subject matter of a consultation by Brighton and Hove Council.
The Charities Commission has published two new guidance documents covering what is required of a charity trustee, including responsibilities to the charity: The essential trustee: what you need to know, what you need to do, and The essential trustee: 6 … Continue reading
An Allchurches Trust grant will give a vital funding boost to an innovative scheme by the Churches Conservation Trust (CCT) that has engaged more than 13,500 children and young people in learning activities in their local church.