Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February 20/10/2018
- IHBC, HE & ALGAO’s LA conservation stats out now – 2018 20/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford 20/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair 20/10/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000. 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: MP demands – Don’t sell off GII* listed Woolwich Barracks 20/10/2018
- Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’ 20/10/2018
- CITB: Scotland’s iconic buildings set to benefit from sought-after stonemasonry skills 20/10/2018
- Plymouth’s historic Drake’s Island fortress on sale for £6m 20/10/2018
- Report ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ now out 20/10/2018
- Historic England Angel Awards finalists out: Public vote now open 20/10/2018
- Cambridge University completes restoration of college gatehouse 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
Daily Archives: 06/06/2018
The IHBC’s 2018 AGM papers – to be scrutinised at the Annual General Meeting at 5.15pm on Friday 22 June 2018, at Riddel Hall, Queen’s University Belfast, 185 Stranmillis Road – have been issued to members, including nominations, financial summaries … Continue reading
More IHBC members with benefits: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 19/20 July (Glasgow); 17/18 Sept & 12/13 Nov (London)
The CIOB has continued its offer of 15% reductions for IHBC members attending its conservation courses, with a new event set for 19/20 July in Glasgow, alongside planned events in London on 17/18 September and 12/13 November.
Plans to demolish a disused chapel in Ponciau, Wrexham to make way for housing have been approved, though ‘councillors lamented the disappearance of another place of worship from an area…’, as the Leader reports.
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walsall’s GII former Highgate Brewery back up for sale… with near £1m price tag
The former Highgate Brewery, in Sandymount Road, Walsall, a Grade II listed building opened in 1898, is now being marketed with Birmingham-based property retailer Siddall Jones at £975,000 as it failed to sell at several auctions, The Express and Star … Continue reading
Government has launched the new ‘Environmental Principles and Governance Bill’ consultation, on a new body to hold government to account and ‘ensure environmental protections will not be weakened as we leave the EU.’ Contains public sector information licensed under the … Continue reading
Business Information Modelling (BIM) is a 3D-modelling process which involves collecting and managing as much information as possible on current or proposed structures and a Planning Portal survey would like to know if you currently use this technology and what … Continue reading
A new £3 million fund to support creative and cultural organisations across the Northern Powerhouse has been announced by the Prime Minister on 8 May following an Industrial Strategy Sector deal for creative industries earlier in the year. Contains public … Continue reading
Consultation launched by Brighton and Hove Council on Royal Pavillion Gardens listed ‘at risk’ by HE
The Royal Pavilion Gardens, Brighton listed as ‘at risk’ by Historic England (HE) since October 2017 are the subject matter of a consultation by Brighton and Hove Council.
The Charities Commission has published two new guidance documents covering what is required of a charity trustee, including responsibilities to the charity: The essential trustee: what you need to know, what you need to do, and The essential trustee: 6 … Continue reading
An Allchurches Trust grant will give a vital funding boost to an innovative scheme by the Churches Conservation Trust (CCT) that has engaged more than 13,500 children and young people in learning activities in their local church.