Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC is at the 2019 Natural Stone Show, naturally – offering delegates news on IHBC’s HESPR, Conservation Wiki and much more: Excel, 30/4 to 2/5 – with more updates now out! 23/04/2019
- IHBC trustee and Technical Panel lead Prof John Edwards explores with CIOB how ‘Conservation is driving quality in construction’, for its annual ‘conservation etc.’ conference, 30 April, London 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (School) doorstep’: Edinburgh pupils to be taught construction skills to boost recruitment 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD Boost on ‘Adversarial behaviour in the UK construction industry’, from DBW 23/04/2019
- IHBC’s CPD ‘Bauhaus centenary’ Boost: Original Bauhaus Books and Journals free to download! 23/04/2019
- Prince Charles, after Hillsborough’s ‘facelift’: Future of built heritage could be endangered by traditional skills shortage 23/04/2019
- Another historic building hit by fire: Major fire in the former Church of St John the Evangelist, Blackburn 23/04/2019
- Construction opportunities offered to 20 career-changing women 23/04/2019
- Place Alliance’s Big Meet 9 sees launch of ‘Place Value and the Ladder of Place Quality’ and seeks feedback on success to date 23/04/2019
- EH: Bob Marley named among new blue plaque recipients for 2019 23/04/2019
- WMF awarded grant for skills training project in Yemen 23/04/2019
- The Iron Bridge reopens to the public following £3.6 Million Project 23/04/2019
- CYARK: Building digital capacity in Rapa Nui 23/04/2019
- IHBC Nottingham 2019 – ‘Perspectives to take to School’: Notre Dame, the story so far… 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Nottingham School Branch free 7 May pre-School evening update: ‘Contemporary challenges and solutions for protecting heritage…’ 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £290K+ costed work: Royal Botanic Gardens Kew etc. seeks condition survey of Wakehurst Mansion, closing 25/04, value £65k 19/04/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Talks on future improvements of ‘vast woodland areas’ at Duff House, Banff 19/04/2019
- Comments get Scruton sacked from Building Beautiful commission 19/04/2019
- Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS): ‘Planning Bill Could Break the System’ 19/04/2019
- HTN launches new partnership to support over 250 member organisations develop financial skills and knowledge 19/04/2019
- Historic England seeks Committee and Panel members and advisers etc., various closing dates 19/04/2019
- Communities bid to make their high streets fit for the future 19/04/2019
- Historic England launches new heritage apprenticeships 19/04/2019
- ‘Creating better towns’: A free aide-memoire published 19/04/2019
- Scottish natural capital accounts welcomed by SNH 19/04/2019
Daily Archives: 02/06/2018
IHBC Yearbook update: Explore 2018’s School theme – ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – in Education Chair’s intro, from social & regen themes to Devetaki and Engine Shed projects
The IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook is themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, and its introductory article, written by IHBC Education Secretary and Committee Chair Andrew Shepherd, which looks at the diverse takes covered by the lead articles.
More IHBC members with benefits: ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings Conference’, London 7 June, 20% off
A limited number of places still available at the ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings’ conference, London 7 June, with 20% off for IHBC members.
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Derbyshire CC seeks ‘locality review’ for Clay Cross, closing 14/06, value £50k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring Derbyshire County Council’s (CC) call … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the International doorstep’: Plans for £100m Nobel Centre blocked by Swedish court due to heritage harm
The new David Chipperfield-designed Nobel Centre would harm Stockholm waterfront, a cultural heritage site, the land and environment court rules, in a report from the Guardian.
Farmers and land managers have a month or so to get their applications in for the Historic Buildings Grant scheme, which closes on 29 June. image Black Harry Barn – licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Amber Valley Borough Council (BC) has served a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) on the owner of Wingfield Station in South Wingfield, following unsuccessful attempts to get the owner to make crucial repairs.
Nearly 70 years after National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) were first established, Environment Secretary Michael Gove has launched a new review, led by writer Julian Glover, that hopes to ensure designated landscapes are fit for the … Continue reading
The Ecclesiastical Heritage Index (EHI) tracks the cost of materials and labour associated specifically with buildings of a traditional construction to reduce the risk of underinsurance.
Civic Voice publishes ‘Civic Conservation Area Audit’ toolkit: Supporting communities making the case for conservation areas
Civic Voice has published its ‘Conversation Area Audit’ toolkit as a way for a community to assess the condition of a conservation area: guiding ‘first steps’ of communities managing the change in local conservation areas.
The ‘exceptional’ Grade I listed stately home of Parnham House, near Beaminster, Dorset, which was partially destroyed by fire in 2017, is likely to collapse unless repairs are carried out within months, according to a BBC update on a newly … Continue reading