Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC 2019 Nottingham Annual School: Homepage, venue and promotional pages launched – promotional opportunities open now; delegate booking opens February 20/10/2018
- IHBC, HE & ALGAO’s LA conservation stats out now – 2018 20/10/2018
- IHBC South Branch reminder… on ‘Yearning for Timelessness’ – ‘…new architecture in historic settings…’, in talks and visits: 26 Oct, Oxford 20/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Gus Astley Student Award judge for 2018 (and 2019 Annual School presentations): Ingval Maxwell OBE, COTAC Chair 20/10/2018
- IHBC CPD boost: Build your skills, and profile, by contributing to Conservation Wiki (and DBW) – With a handy guide on writing articles 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2m+ costed work this week: Sunderland City Council for the Project Evaluation of Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Scheme – closing 23/11, valued at £40,000. 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: MP demands – Don’t sell off GII* listed Woolwich Barracks 20/10/2018
- Hackitt reports: ’… truly shocked’ by construction industry standards, calls for ‘stronger powers of enforcement, to provide more deterrent to cost-cutting’ 20/10/2018
- CITB: Scotland’s iconic buildings set to benefit from sought-after stonemasonry skills 20/10/2018
- Plymouth’s historic Drake’s Island fortress on sale for £6m 20/10/2018
- Report ‘Meanwhile, in London: Making use of London’s empty spaces’ now out 20/10/2018
- Historic England Angel Awards finalists out: Public vote now open 20/10/2018
- Cambridge University completes restoration of college gatehouse 20/10/2018
- IHBC’s South Branch CPD nudge for Oxford, 26 Oct: Secretary of State at RIBA Stirling Prize ceremony echoes Gehry’s ‘Yearning for timelessness’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC welcomes Yale’s Hampshire South Pevsner – and looks forward to CPD partnership for 2019 Nottingham School: 4-6 July 2019 16/10/2018
- IHBC North Branch celebrates success in Engineering CPD event – IHBC’s ‘Professional’ and ‘Intervention’ Areas of Competence 16/10/2018
- See IHBC stand and chair at the Civic Voice conference, Birmingham, 19-20 Oct, while asking: ‘How can we balance conservation and regeneration?’ 16/10/2018
- IHBC’s ‘heritage from the doorstep’: Nando’s plans to replace historic East London library with restaurant blasted as an ‘abomination’ 16/10/2018
- Reminder: COTAC Trustees sought – Notes of interest by 15 November 2018 16/10/2018
- RTPI: Let councils raise fees to cover planning admin costs 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s Young Placechangers Ideas Fund opens for applications 16/10/2018
- Big Lottery Fund: UK’s largest community funder to change name 16/10/2018
- Scotland’s communities feel ‘locked out’ out by landscape policy, according to major new research 16/10/2018
- Planning consultancy win appeal against conviction for wilfully obstructing a council officer in the course of their work. 16/10/2018
- SPAB Scholarship and Fellowship applications for 2019 open: Apply prior to 1 December 16/10/2018
Daily Archives: 02/06/2018
IHBC Yearbook update: Explore 2018’s School theme – ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – in Education Chair’s intro, from social & regen themes to Devetaki and Engine Shed projects
The IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook is themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, and its introductory article, written by IHBC Education Secretary and Committee Chair Andrew Shepherd, which looks at the diverse takes covered by the lead articles.
More IHBC members with benefits: ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings Conference’, London 7 June, 20% off
A limited number of places still available at the ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings’ conference, London 7 June, with 20% off for IHBC members.
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Derbyshire CC seeks ‘locality review’ for Clay Cross, closing 14/06, value £50k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring Derbyshire County Council’s (CC) call … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the International doorstep’: Plans for £100m Nobel Centre blocked by Swedish court due to heritage harm
The new David Chipperfield-designed Nobel Centre would harm Stockholm waterfront, a cultural heritage site, the land and environment court rules, in a report from the Guardian.
Farmers and land managers have a month or so to get their applications in for the Historic Buildings Grant scheme, which closes on 29 June. image Black Harry Barn – licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Amber Valley Borough Council (BC) has served a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) on the owner of Wingfield Station in South Wingfield, following unsuccessful attempts to get the owner to make crucial repairs.
Nearly 70 years after National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) were first established, Environment Secretary Michael Gove has launched a new review, led by writer Julian Glover, that hopes to ensure designated landscapes are fit for the … Continue reading
The Ecclesiastical Heritage Index (EHI) tracks the cost of materials and labour associated specifically with buildings of a traditional construction to reduce the risk of underinsurance.
Civic Voice publishes ‘Civic Conservation Area Audit’ toolkit: Supporting communities making the case for conservation areas
Civic Voice has published its ‘Conversation Area Audit’ toolkit as a way for a community to assess the condition of a conservation area: guiding ‘first steps’ of communities managing the change in local conservation areas.
The ‘exceptional’ Grade I listed stately home of Parnham House, near Beaminster, Dorset, which was partially destroyed by fire in 2017, is likely to collapse unless repairs are carried out within months, according to a BBC update on a newly … Continue reading