Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC joins Fit for the Future, seeking mutual benefits from tighter links with a key environmental sustainability network 20/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top notch CPD conference from the NW: Authoritative takes on ‘Accessibility’ – barriers to solutions – Liverpool, 10 Oct… with tours too! 20/09/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR pick from £97M+ opportunities this week: Design Competition for Museum Group, closing 16/10, valued £1.8M 20/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the barstool’: Kray Twins historic pub saved from last orders in major campaign, from The Mirror 20/09/2019
- Thinking ahead to IHBC’s 2020 School & #IHBCBrighton2020: Shared ‘hubs’ urged for bankless towns 20/09/2019
- Major LB prosecution fine for unauthorized works secured by Westminster CC, for basement works on GII Listed Building: £162,300 20/09/2019
- Protecting Scotland’s Future: Programme for Government 2019-20 20/09/2019
- National Trust Annual Report: Membership surge & record £148m conservation and restoration spend 20/09/2019
- England: 100 places to benefit from new Towns Fund 20/09/2019
- Transport Secretary acts on HS2 ancient woodland clearances during Oakervee review 20/09/2019
- Historic England National Capacity Building Programme 2020/2021: Call for applications 20/09/2019
- RTPI to convene annual summit of heads of planning: ‘HOPE’ 20/09/2019
- Association of Heritage Engineers to re-introduce title of ‘Master Craftsman’ into heritage engineering 20/09/2019
- Wiki Loves Monuments UK: Part of the world’s largest photo contest, so join in during September 20/09/2019
- See more #IHBCNottingham2019 on video, on disaster recovery and the ‘Phoenix Case Study’: More 2019 Day School content from IHBC’s YouTube channel 17/09/2019
- IHBC prompt: Ecclesiastical’s Heritage Heroes Awards – call for 2019 nominations open until 4 October 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the (cultural) doorstep’: Great Yarmouth’s Venetian Waterways to recapture former glories with Heritage Fund grant 17/09/2019
- IHBC ‘CPD boost’, out of Context: The pleasures and perils of architectural research – from our Highlands and Islands issue 17/09/2019
- Reflecting on #IHBCNottingham2019: Fire engulfs Grade II-listed Horncliffe Mansion 17/09/2019
- Lawyers put 100 local authorities on notice over climate inaction 17/09/2019
- North Somerset Council serves Birnbeck Pier repairs notice 17/09/2019
- Manchester College launches new industry-sponsored Architectural and Construction Engineering Scholarship for 16-18 year olds 17/09/2019
- New petition to save Whitechapel Bell Foundry 17/09/2019
- IHBC’s free, first-timer ‘taster’ membership for students on IHBC Recognised Conservation Courses* 13/09/2019
- Reminder: IHBC’s top class priority CPD in the north west: Making accessibility accessible to the conservation professional… BOOK NOW for the NW Branch conference 2019: ‘Improving Accessibility’, Liverpool 10 Oct, for an accessible take on accessibility… with tours too! 13/09/2019
Daily Archives: 02/06/2018
IHBC Yearbook update: Explore 2018’s School theme – ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – in Education Chair’s intro, from social & regen themes to Devetaki and Engine Shed projects
The IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook is themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, and its introductory article, written by IHBC Education Secretary and Committee Chair Andrew Shepherd, which looks at the diverse takes covered by the lead articles.
More IHBC members with benefits: ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings Conference’, London 7 June, 20% off
A limited number of places still available at the ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings’ conference, London 7 June, with 20% off for IHBC members.
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Derbyshire CC seeks ‘locality review’ for Clay Cross, closing 14/06, value £50k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring Derbyshire County Council’s (CC) call … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the International doorstep’: Plans for £100m Nobel Centre blocked by Swedish court due to heritage harm
The new David Chipperfield-designed Nobel Centre would harm Stockholm waterfront, a cultural heritage site, the land and environment court rules, in a report from the Guardian.
Farmers and land managers have a month or so to get their applications in for the Historic Buildings Grant scheme, which closes on 29 June. image Black Harry Barn – licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Amber Valley Borough Council (BC) has served a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) on the owner of Wingfield Station in South Wingfield, following unsuccessful attempts to get the owner to make crucial repairs.
Nearly 70 years after National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) were first established, Environment Secretary Michael Gove has launched a new review, led by writer Julian Glover, that hopes to ensure designated landscapes are fit for the … Continue reading
The Ecclesiastical Heritage Index (EHI) tracks the cost of materials and labour associated specifically with buildings of a traditional construction to reduce the risk of underinsurance.
Civic Voice publishes ‘Civic Conservation Area Audit’ toolkit: Supporting communities making the case for conservation areas
Civic Voice has published its ‘Conversation Area Audit’ toolkit as a way for a community to assess the condition of a conservation area: guiding ‘first steps’ of communities managing the change in local conservation areas.
The ‘exceptional’ Grade I listed stately home of Parnham House, near Beaminster, Dorset, which was partially destroyed by fire in 2017, is likely to collapse unless repairs are carried out within months, according to a BBC update on a newly … Continue reading