Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC at the Natural Stone Show 2019? Naturally… and packed with free IHBC-recognised CPD – 30 April-2 May, ExCel! 18/01/2019
- IHBC welcomes Historic England Angel Award 2018 winner – Great Yarmouth PT – as part of Context’s international ‘European Perspectives’ issue 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £2.4M+ costed work this week: Character Statements for N Herts Conservation Areas sought, closing 4/2, value £75 -100k 18/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Suffolk campaigners hope listed monument to St Edmund will deter developers 18/01/2019
- New ‘Wates Principles’ aim to improve corporate governance standards among private companies 18/01/2019
- Councils approve planning applications at ‘fastest rate’ in a decade – as Shelter says planning system failings on new homes a ‘Developers… myth’ 18/01/2019
- Cambridge CC to bring Cambridge Live cultural services back in-house 18/01/2019
- Grant Thornton: A third of councils at risk of financial failure in the next decade! 18/01/2019
- RAC Foundation analysis indicates ‘substandard’ council-maintained bridges on the rise 18/01/2019
- England’s communities to have greater say in protecting local trees: Closing Feb 28 18/01/2019
- Bid to introduce a £2 tourist tax in Edinburgh wins support 18/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: Free IHBC CPD and entry at London’s LPOC Property Show, 9-10 Feb 15/01/2019
- IHBC celebrates 2016 Gus Astley Student Award ‘Trustee selection’ winner now in print: On lighthouses as ‘machines for living in’ 15/01/2019
- Association for Project Safety (APS) calls for IHBC members input to CDM survey, as 2019 School focusses on heritage and risk 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Walton pub to be demolished despite petition to save it 15/01/2019
- Councils slash library budgets by £30m, survey reveals 15/01/2019
- British Council publication on Soft Power 15/01/2019
- National Trust on new Agriculture Bill 15/01/2019
- Grenfell Tower: Ongoing reviews and updates of Building Regulations and Standards 15/01/2019
- IHBC’s 2019 Annual School welcomes keynote speaker: Zaki Aslan, Conservation architect and Director of ICCROM-Sharjah 11/01/2019
- Career interests in heritage? See IHBC’s latest ‘Jobs etc.’ review of skills needs from the amenity bodies such as Victorian Society, to government and the private sector 11/01/2019
- IHBC ‘Members with benefits’: 15% off ‘Building Conservation’ courses from CIOB Academy – 6/7 February (London); 19/20 February (Swansea)… and PM in London too! 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s HESPR top pick from £54K+ costed work this week: Deadline Extension as SDNPA seeks architect for conversion of a historic farmstead 11/01, value £35-50K 11/01/2019
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Tyne and Wear BPT lead in ‘forgotten’ city centre buildings boosted by Coastal Revival Fund 11/01/2019
- Damerham church engraved lead stolen from roof 11/01/2019
Daily Archives: 02/06/2018
IHBC Yearbook update: Explore 2018’s School theme – ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – in Education Chair’s intro, from social & regen themes to Devetaki and Engine Shed projects
The IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook is themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, and its introductory article, written by IHBC Education Secretary and Committee Chair Andrew Shepherd, which looks at the diverse takes covered by the lead articles.
More IHBC members with benefits: ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings Conference’, London 7 June, 20% off
A limited number of places still available at the ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings’ conference, London 7 June, with 20% off for IHBC members.
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Derbyshire CC seeks ‘locality review’ for Clay Cross, closing 14/06, value £50k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring Derbyshire County Council’s (CC) call … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the International doorstep’: Plans for £100m Nobel Centre blocked by Swedish court due to heritage harm
The new David Chipperfield-designed Nobel Centre would harm Stockholm waterfront, a cultural heritage site, the land and environment court rules, in a report from the Guardian.
Farmers and land managers have a month or so to get their applications in for the Historic Buildings Grant scheme, which closes on 29 June. image Black Harry Barn – licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Amber Valley Borough Council (BC) has served a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) on the owner of Wingfield Station in South Wingfield, following unsuccessful attempts to get the owner to make crucial repairs.
Nearly 70 years after National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) were first established, Environment Secretary Michael Gove has launched a new review, led by writer Julian Glover, that hopes to ensure designated landscapes are fit for the … Continue reading
The Ecclesiastical Heritage Index (EHI) tracks the cost of materials and labour associated specifically with buildings of a traditional construction to reduce the risk of underinsurance.
Civic Voice publishes ‘Civic Conservation Area Audit’ toolkit: Supporting communities making the case for conservation areas
Civic Voice has published its ‘Conversation Area Audit’ toolkit as a way for a community to assess the condition of a conservation area: guiding ‘first steps’ of communities managing the change in local conservation areas.
The ‘exceptional’ Grade I listed stately home of Parnham House, near Beaminster, Dorset, which was partially destroyed by fire in 2017, is likely to collapse unless repairs are carried out within months, according to a BBC update on a newly … Continue reading