Search the archive
- IHBC’S NewsBlogs usually only summarise third party reports. Links to other sites may not be active so you may need to contact the host site for the original text.
- IHBC’s 2018 Belfast School opens: ‘Our Shared heritage’ – Join in, in person or via social media 21/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Canal and River Trust seeks Architects for restoration and redevelopment of the former waterway depot at Finsley Gate Wharf, Burnley, closing 02/07, value £300k 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Labour bid to save Maida Vale Studios 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the platform’: BBC features St Pancras drinking fountain restoration 21/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the US doorstep’: CNN reports from ‘Inside Westminster Abbey’s $30M secret attic’, by Ptolemy 21/06/2018
- HE consults on ‘Assistant Historic Environment Advisor’ Apprenticeship Standard – call for comment by 8 July 21/06/2018
- Heritage 2020 – Expressions of Interest sought for pro bono update on statutory England’s heritage-related duties of England’s local authorities, closing 5 July 21/06/2018
- Groundbreaking scheme places new generation of planners in local government 21/06/2018
- Historic England Advisory Committee (HEAC) vacancies (4): Pro bono, closing 4 July 21/06/2018
- Going to IHBC’s 2018 School in Derry-Londonderry on Saturday? New Derry Walls Management Plan launched 19/06/2018
- Another ‘IHBC CPD Boost’ for the 2018 School: NI Branch Chair and School lead Andrew McClelland explores social takes on shared heritage in IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook 19/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Champions of Slough’s iconic Horlicks building lose fight for listed status 19/06/2018
- Glasgow fire: Art school’s Mackintosh building extensively damaged 19/06/2018
- Scottish Parliament explores need for legislative change in tenement maintenance 19/06/2018
- MaintenanceBooker: A new heritage website ‘to help end the misery of leaking church roofs’ 19/06/2018
- DCMS Areas of Research Interest 19/06/2018
- HE’s Places of Worship web update 19/06/2018
- North West Leicestershire DC approves plans to for Snibston colliery site 19/06/2018
- SAVE’s 2018-2019 Buildings at Risk Catalogue: ‘Revive and Survive’ due 27 June 2018 19/06/2018
- Heritage Collective, Principal Sponsor to IHBC’s 2018 School, will focus on delegate welcomes by staff 15/06/2018
- ‘IHBC Jobs etc.’ skills review: From Historic England’s ‘Taylor Review’ pilot posts to HESPR member Heritage Collective’s ‘Heritage Consultant’ opportunity 15/06/2018
- A timely ‘IHBC CPD boost’ for Belfast 2018 from the BBC, featuring Belfast Buildings Trust’s ‘Carlisle Memorial’ case study 15/06/2018
- IHBC HESPR’s pick from last week: Birmingham CC seeks conservation professional architectural services for GII* listed Highbury Hall, closing 22/06, value £400k 15/06/2018
- IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the doorstep’: Taunton Dean BC issues Urgent Works Notice to Tonedale House owners 15/06/2018
- RTPI challenges apprenticeship body’s assessment plan ruling 15/06/2018
Daily Archives: 02/06/2018
IHBC Yearbook update: Explore 2018’s School theme – ‘Our Shared Heritage’ – in Education Chair’s intro, from social & regen themes to Devetaki and Engine Shed projects
The IHBC’s 2018 Yearbook is themed on the 2018 Belfast School topic, ‘Our Shared Heritage’, and its introductory article, written by IHBC Education Secretary and Committee Chair Andrew Shepherd, which looks at the diverse takes covered by the lead articles.
More IHBC members with benefits: ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings Conference’, London 7 June, 20% off
A limited number of places still available at the ‘Sustainability of Traditional Buildings’ conference, London 7 June, with 20% off for IHBC members.
IHBC HESPR’s top pick this week: Derbyshire CC seeks ‘locality review’ for Clay Cross, closing 14/06, value £50k
The IHBC’s heritage business register HESPR – the Historic Environment Service Providers Recognition scheme – offers members weekly ‘News and Tender Alert’ emails, with the IHBC Director’s top pick for NewsBlog readers this week featuring Derbyshire County Council’s (CC) call … Continue reading
IHBC’s ‘Heritage from the International doorstep’: Plans for £100m Nobel Centre blocked by Swedish court due to heritage harm
The new David Chipperfield-designed Nobel Centre would harm Stockholm waterfront, a cultural heritage site, the land and environment court rules, in a report from the Guardian.
Farmers and land managers have a month or so to get their applications in for the Historic Buildings Grant scheme, which closes on 29 June. image Black Harry Barn – licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Amber Valley Borough Council (BC) has served a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) on the owner of Wingfield Station in South Wingfield, following unsuccessful attempts to get the owner to make crucial repairs.
Nearly 70 years after National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) were first established, Environment Secretary Michael Gove has launched a new review, led by writer Julian Glover, that hopes to ensure designated landscapes are fit for the … Continue reading
The Ecclesiastical Heritage Index (EHI) tracks the cost of materials and labour associated specifically with buildings of a traditional construction to reduce the risk of underinsurance.
Civic Voice publishes ‘Civic Conservation Area Audit’ toolkit: Supporting communities making the case for conservation areas
Civic Voice has published its ‘Conversation Area Audit’ toolkit as a way for a community to assess the condition of a conservation area: guiding ‘first steps’ of communities managing the change in local conservation areas.
The ‘exceptional’ Grade I listed stately home of Parnham House, near Beaminster, Dorset, which was partially destroyed by fire in 2017, is likely to collapse unless repairs are carried out within months, according to a BBC update on a newly … Continue reading